IGNORED

Max between the sticks...

WhistleHappy

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

One of our own - a City fan.

Assume we've never played two City fans (him and Hamer) between the sticks in one season before?!

Apparently O'Leary's old man is a big City fan, goes to all games, but had to miss the WBA game - his son's debut!

He'll be there tonight though no doubt!

Too long ago for you, Kid but Ray Cashley and Len Bond played in the same season and were both Reds.

Good luck to him tonight, also a good game to make your first full start because unlike the league it really doesn't matter...

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Too long ago for you, Kid but Ray Cashley and Len Bond played in the same season and were both Reds.

Good luck to him tonight, also a good game to make your first full start because unlike the league it really doesn't matter...

As I am sure you are aware, Ray Cashley was originally a full back and actually scored a goal for City.

Reminiscing, and as a reminder of how much closer players were to their fans in those days, another former keeper, Mike Gibson (also quite short, all you FF deriders), used to walk the line between the goalposts prior to the game before jumping up to touch the cross bar: he was always cheered (1,2,3 oooh!) and would always smile and wave to the crowd behind the end (East or Open at the time).

Oh, and I really believe that tonight's game does matter - I am convinced a win and subsequent cup run will kickstart our season and provide survival, regardless of the manager.   

55 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As I am sure you are aware, Ray Cashley was originally a full back and actually scored a goal for City.

Reminiscing, and as a reminder of how much closer players were to their fans in those days, another former keeper, Mike Gibson (also quite short, all you FF deriders), used to walk the line between the goalposts prior to the game before jumping up to touch the cross bar: he was always cheered (1,2,3 oooh!) and would always smile and wave to the crowd behind the end (East or Open at the time).

Oh, and I really believe that tonight's game does matter - I am convinced a win and subsequent cup run will kickstart our season and provide survival, regardless of the manager.   

Gibbo!...Gibbo!...Gibbo!.... G I B B O oohhhh!!! 

Goalies can be heroes, Gibbo was, (now he's a legend) ... Its not just strikers & goalscorers..

Go for it Max, who knows one day it could be you! .... :)

I hope he has a game to remember (for the right reasons).

However, who is his backup?  Aren't WBA likely to target him as 

1) he's young

2) it's his home debut

3) if he were "accidentally" (this is Pulis) to get an injury then we'd have to play "last-one-back" in goal?

Archived