IGNORED

Highlights...

cityexile

Flint Flint Flint!!!! Sort yourself out FFS!!!

At fault for the West Brom goal midweek misjudging a lofted cross and missed another header today at both ends, one failing to clear the ball resulting in their goal and at the other end when he should have scored.

Doesnt matter who is in charge you can't compensate for those errors!

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Flint Flint Flint!!!! Sort yourself out FFS!!!

At fault for the West Brom goal midweek misjudging a lofted cross and missed another header today at both ends, one failing to clear the ball resulting in their goal and at the other end when he should have scored.

Doesnt matter who is in charge you can't compensate for those errors!

Sadly not his best day.

From the commentry, made it sound like Ayling gifted them a goal. In truth, just gave them a position to get a cross in, which a bit like WBA Flint seems to have misjudged. On the balance of that, you really think wehad to come away with something.

6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Sadly not his best day.

From the commentry, made it sound like Ayling gifted them a goal. In truth, just gave them a position to get a cross in, which a bit like WBA Flint seems to have misjudged. On the balance of that, you really think wehad to come away with something.

Ayling? Bryan let the cross in and it hit Ayling after Flint jumped in front of him.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ayling? Bryan let the cross in and it hit Ayling after Flint jumped in front of him.

Might have got it wrong, but the commentry before the highlights pick it up were going on about Ayling giving the ball away. Either way a bad goal all round.

2 glorious chances , both falling to defenders , and a shambles in defence ! How many times do you say 'unlucky' or deserved more ? Keeep making mistakes and missing chances and it will only end one way. 

Not picking on him - I like him as a footballer

But that last chance where Wilbs puts Luke Ayling in on the right 

I would say that the likelihood of most Championship Sides scoring from that situation - either that player cutting in and picking his spot a la Blackman, Wood, Gray or picking out a teammate to slide it in

% 70 ?

% 80 ?

Seen it so many times this season where we create an opening and then make an awful decision and / or show a complete lack of technique to exploit it ?

Am I being harsh ?

To me we just don't look like scoring and as all season need 10-15 good attacking situations to score

Ayling, edge of the box, open net and he controls the ball and then decides to go left, invite a defender to et involved, tries to beat him, runs a little and gives a tame shot - why the hell did he not just blast it the first second it came to him ?

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10141198/leeds-1-0-bristol-city

Looks like one chance to them, and the rest to us. Kodjia's chances far from easy, but one of those headers really should have been on target. Ho hum!

Not picking on you cityexile, more the lingering hope that many still cling to, namely that look at these highlights (of the latest defeat), we had more shots again than them! And it'll come for us because we created more chances than X (in a game we lost).

I'm not being defeatest, but how many games is it going to take before more of us realise that, it's nearly February and we are still kidding ourselves by saying they only had two chances! Personally - and miserably - I came to this conclusion in the autumn. I feel for the people (again, not necessarily you cityexile) who keep thinking we're gonna turn this round because... (insert forlorn hope here - we'll sign some players, new manager, change in 'fortune', we're creating lots of chances and that's better than creating none [is it?! What an urban myth! Looks like the same to me!])

It's not about how many chances we create - I think we've established and can all agree we do not convert enough, the evidence is everywhere - but about efficacy in putting them away.

In this division, very much unlike Div Three, teams only need one sniff at goal and they will score (eg today). We give every team a chance to score, so it's more than likely we are going to concede practically every game. We do not take our chances, even if when we have three, four, seven sometimes. That's relegation stuff!

Some teams we give one chance and they beat us 2-0. Go figure.

(Nothing against you cityexile)

If those highlights are a true representation of the game we were the better team and should have won.

Lets remember we were losing 3-nil and 4-nil not that long ago. You have to say we have improved but not improved enough YET!

I'm positive about Gladwin and Pearce joining us, solid players who will want to impress their Clubs and Pemberton has put them straight in

5 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

For me it showed we make chances, and it would be worse if we didn't, a lot of this seems to be bad luck too. Last saeson with those efforts we would have won well. 

There is the making of a good squad there, 

We're consistently unlucky then TMOR. That doesn't make for a successful season bud. Somethings still wrong?

Archived