IGNORED

Team v Birmingham (sorry - boring topic)

Davefevs

Here's mine if we play 433;

O'Donnell;

Ayling, Flint, Pearce, Baker (assuming Villa connections isn't red mist)

Smith (holding player), Gladwin, Freeman

Burns, Kodjia, Bryan

It probably becomes a 4141 without the ball, and in some ways a 4123 when we've got it.

Giving Marlon a break, we are home, and we need that extra ball player in the midfield three. We need to be able to break forward at pace.

Wes just holds onto his place, but I'd like to see Agard play in a position he did really well in for RUFC.  Wes needs to get a bit closer to Kodjia at times, that where Agard was dangerous, coming in off the flank (without the ball) un-noticed.

There is a part of me that says give 352 another go, but with Wes and Kodjia together.

I do not expect this will be the side that whoever is in charge will pick.  It is what I'd pick.

I suspect many of you will scoff at the inclusion of Freeman. That's fine.  I saw enough in 30 minutes v West Brom (wasn't at Leeds) to think that in a 3 (not in the hole) he can be more effective than he has been most of the season. Maybe that's blind faith.  It's maybe a harp back to the midfield three of Korey, Wade and him last season, with Gladwin replacing Wade.

Pack is probably one of our few players in form. There's no way we can drop him. 

Im predicting the same eleven. 

PS I'd like to start a topic about how ****** off I'm becoming with this club. But it'd just be the same as every other thread of the same nature. 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Pack is probably one of our few players in form. There's no way we can drop him. 

Im predicting the same eleven. 

PS I'd like to start a topic about how ****** off I'm becoming with this club. But it'd just be the same as every other thread of the same nature. 

Yeah, I know Pack is playing alright, just feel we need something different.  There are some tough decisions out there.

Re your para 3 - you and me both.  If we can bring in 2 better players by the weekend, I might accept they had a plan.

As it stands, getting rid of Cotts (Cotts fan here), it seems they either have no plan, or Pembo / Wade was the plan.

7 minutes ago, Just Brett said:

Baker at LB?..... Wouldn't be to sure on that.

O'Donnell

Ayling Pearce Baker Bryan

Gladwin Smith Pack

Burns Kodjia Freeman

I think your side is more likely....just wanted to change a couple if things. :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Does naming the team now mean there's no hope of getting any new signings before the weekend? Probably, but I live in hope 

I'm coming to the conclusion we won't get anyone....happy to be surprised / there was a plan.

23 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

3-5-2

O'Donnell

Baker              Flint           Pearce

Ayling                                  Smith                            Bryan

Freeman      Gladwin

Wilbraham              Kodjia

I'm okay with that....assume Baker and Pearce swap over (reading right to left).  I'd give Wes the start though.  That is the midfield three I'd like to see, at least once!

O'Donnell                                                                                                                                                               

Ayling                        Flint                  Baker         New Bloke

Smith                New Bloke

Burns                Gladwin                               Bryan

Kodiga                            Big tough lad  (Smith)

4-2-3-1

GK - O'Donnell

RB - Little

LB - Williams (Think we might have a new signing in by Sat but Del ATM)

CB - Pearce

CB - Baker

MID - Smith

MID - Ayling

FWD - Burns

FWD - Freeman

FWD - Gladwin

ST - Wilbs 

Bench

O'Leary

Flint

Bryan

Pack

Reid

Kodja

Agard

10 minutes ago, mcbcfc said:

4-2-3-1

GK - O'Donnell

RB - Little

LB - Williams (Think we might have a new signing in by Sat but Del ATM)

CB - Pearce

CB - Baker

MID - Smith

MID - Ayling

FWD - Burns

FWD - Freeman

FWD - Gladwin

ST - Wilbs 

Bench

O'Leary

Flint

Bryan

Pack

Reid

Kodja

Agard

Only problem I have with that team is as the home side there is not one defender that could change the game with the ball at there feet.

Ok Little if fit is a powerful runner but has no touch.

Sorry to say imo that looks like a div 1 side.

Archived