IGNORED

Gary monk

Cider red

8 hours ago, allyolly said:

Sorry if posted elsewhere but surely if Monk is seriously in the frame why wait till now? Not attached to a club, no compensation to be agreed therefore he would be here by now if he was coming. 

Because he wasn't first choice and/or we've gone through a formal selection process.

I quite liked Garry Monk, but I think it's too soon for him to jump back into management. He's left the club he loves, and I reckon he'll want to join a club that isn't in deep trouble. I'd have liked him at Ashton Gate, but he was up there with Moyes in the "It's never going to happen" section.

14 hours ago, Cider red said:

Set to be announced as our new manager apparently, either tommorow or after the weekend. From someone who knows someone in the club. Just posting what I've heard...

You need to get your hearing checked!

Pity though, this thread was much more interesting than the Johnson one - sex, affairs and intrigue, such fun!

7 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I quite liked Garry Monk, but I think it's too soon for him to jump back into management. He's left the club he loves, and I reckon he'll want to join a club that isn't in deep trouble. I'd have liked him at Ashton Gate, but he was up there with Moyes in the "It's never going to happen" section.

Nonsense, Monk was far more attainable than Moyes.

Moyes enjoyed a decade of relative success at Everton and went on to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. Monk spent 22 months at Swansea. Monk was a far more realistic option than Moyes and would certainly have been preferable to Lee Johnson in my opinion.

I never posted this before we looked like getting LJ as manager,but GM was in Bristol a couple of weeks ago,he was seen by a friend of mine,and City supporter at that,in a hotel on the centre,wether his visit was City related or not I haven't got a clue,but a hell of a coincidence.

18 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

You are. Monk tool control from Laudrup after he recorded just one win in their last 10 Premier League matches to leave them only two points clear of the relegation zone.

Monk turned them around and obviously had great success the following season, he had a blip this season and the club failed to support him despite having the best win ratio of any Swansea manager in the top flight and limited transfer funds. 

He has been talked up by  Martinez, Vieira, Wenger, Mourinho, Pardew as a top coach who is a workaholic and praised for his training methods and attention to detail.

Like I said, I don't really follow Premier League football and Welsh football even less so.

Thanks for putting me right.

But it's still a no from me.

On 05/02/2016 at 17:28, ChippenhamRed said:

Nonsense, Monk was far more attainable than Moyes.

Moyes enjoyed a decade of relative success at Everton and went on to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. Monk spent 22 months at Swansea. Monk was a far more realistic option than Moyes and would certainly have been preferable to Lee Johnson in my opinion.

While you're absolutely right in terms of stature, Moyes probably wants a job, whereas Monk has been let go from his dream club and he'll want some time off. If the Premier League comes calling he might jump back into the mix, but he won't give up his time off for a team fighting relegation in the league below...

23 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Completely wrong.

Monk was interviewed on Goals on Sunday and he said he wanted to get back into management as soon as possible, and that he was looking at the premier league as he has shown he can perform at that level.

So, how does that make him attainable? I'm pretty sure that when I went to bed, Bristol City were a Championship side.

Archived