IGNORED

Chris Hughton & Brighton

Red Army 87

I think you have to give credit where it is due for last nights away team performance. Whilst we set up endless topics debating who made what mistake or who should have played, the opposition gets neglected.

Chris Hughton and his team clearly did their homework and set up differently than we would have expected, they didn't go out to dominate possession and instead set up to be solid at the back and counter when they had the ball.

I would say as a team / organisational performance, the best I have seen at the gate this season.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I think you have to give credit where it is due for last nights away team performance. Whilst we set up endless topics debating who made what mistake or who should have played, the opposition gets neglected.

Chris Hughton and his team clearly did their homework and set up differently than we would have expected, they didn't go out to dominate possession and instead set up to be solid at the back and counter when they had the ball.

I would say as a team / organisational performance, the best I have seen at the gate this season.

Plenty have credited BHA and speculated that they did their homework and targeted our full home debutant last night

9 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Plenty have credited BHA and speculated that they did their homework and targeted our full home debutant last night

My view was that they targeted the whole of the back 4 and put them under lots of pressure in the first 30 mins, unfortunately for Zac he was the one who made the mistakes under pressure. Every time Flint, Pearce or Golbourne got the ball there was a Brighton player right there in front of him. That forced us into things such as Flints poorly executed long balls and allowing Brighton to turn over possession.

Much more than just targeting the youngster in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

So you are saying that Vyner had a better game than Bruno? How many goals was he responsible for?

Bryan gave him a torrid time and I think his substitution was as much down to that as the knock he had. To say that they more than matched us over the pitch implies that Vyner couldn't cope with Murphy. It doesn't mean that Bruno was the worst player of the starting 22.

Archived