IGNORED

The Official Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day Thread

havanatopia

Only disappointment in hindsight listening to the second half was not winning by more! Great bounce back win, that keeps any pressure off. Three more wins will do it I think. Non of the bottom teams getting stuffed really, but only one winner in Rotherham today other than us. There will be ups and downs, but in our own hands.

9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Only disappointment in hindsight listening to the second half was not winning by more! Great bounce back win, that keeps any pressure off. Three more wins will do it I think. Non of the bottom teams getting stuffed really, but only one winner in Rotherham today other than us. There will be ups and downs, but in our own hands.

And if you were a Rotherham fan coming out after the game after a good win how gutted would you be to hear we`d won at Forest and you`re still 8pts behind!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And if you were a Rotherham fan coming out after the game after a good win how gutted would you be to hear we`d won at Forest and you`re still 8pts behind!

Valid point. That sort of thing breaks fans' hearts - and they have to go home to ROTHERHAM :( 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The positive is that they probably aren't looking at us anymore and mk lost closing the gap to 3 points so I expect they were happy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

They'll probably be more chuffed at the MK Dons result; the latter's form is looking very wobbly.

Massive game for MK (and everyone else near the drop, including us) week on Tuesday when Charlton host MK; will be interesting, for sure.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

1,032 city fans, great effort, we're almost guaranteed over 1,000 away fans will make the travel each game for the first time in years 

Long trips to Hull and Blackburn will hit those figures but the 4000 we take to Fulham will more than compensate plus big followings at QPR and Brentford

I

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Pretty sure they will have real hope now - only three points behind MK. Will not be fussed by us I am sure, as long as they can catch one.

MK conceeded very late goals in three of their last four games. Cost them five points. That on the other hand will hurt. That is good news for us as there is now four teams we are clear of, feels much more comfortable than three.

Edited by cityexile

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If I were a Rotherham fan I would be pleased that MK suffered a late defeat. City wouldn't even be on my radar given the form we are in. 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

The positive is that they probably aren't looking at us anymore and mk lost closing the gap to 3 points so I expect they were happy

Very true. A few weeks ago we could only dream of being ignored by the bottom three! I suspect fans of those teams are saying `Might as well forget catching Bristol, they`re safe`. Lovely.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Very true. A few weeks ago we could only dream of being ignored by the bottom three! I suspect fans of those teams are saying `Might as well forget catching Bristol, they`re safe`. Lovely.

To be fair, they probably don't realise that another Bristol team has just joined the League...

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Where is the City v Welsh match being shown? I see Sky have the Burnley v Blackburn game around the same early kick off... do they have ours as well or is it BT Sport?

Very close with your prediction Your Highness

11 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Where is the City v Welsh match being shown? I see Sky have the Burnley v Blackburn game around the same early kick off... do they have ours as well or is it BT Sport?

Believe the early KO time is due to police advice rather than being on TV.

13 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

High hopes for LJ leading a happy band of men on a Forest raid and bringing the spoils  back to the Gate. Could be sharing the spoils on the day with a goal and a point a piece. 

1-1 for me ...and I'd be happy with that. A win and we'd all be over that proverbial footballing moon...dare to dream, COYR's :)

We Dared to Dream!.. Get in there my babbers!!! ... Fantastic result :) .

(nice 32nd tribute/respect for James (Grizz) Grieve  a fallen Red RIP) 

• Like 3

Mentioned this game vs Forest to my mates today

Nearest we've been to a major final since 1909?

My main memory was the number of us in the away end. I could feel my ribs creaking, and me feet weren't on the ground for a full 20 minutes in the 2nd half. Easily >1000 over capacity on the away terrace. Brilliant times. Better than sitting down any day.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, finbarr_in_z said:

My main memory was the number of us in the away end. I could feel my ribs creaking, and me feet weren't on the ground for a full 20 minutes in the 2nd half. Easily >1000 over capacity on the away terrace. Brilliant times. Better than sitting down any day.

So, so, close...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Re Freeman

Looking lively and delivering are quite different things

Over the years we've had plenty of lively forwards who simply failed to deliver

He was outstanding again today. You need to get a new radio. Or go to the game maybe.

• Like 2

Feared the worst when Korey was not in the team - I gave us no chance! First ten mins it seemed to be coming true as they were all over us...then we got back in to it a bit before conceding a soft goal from a free-kick.

But when it looked like we would go in 1-0 down and set for a difficult 2nd half, Bryan pinged a shot against the post and Kodjia followed up, we were right back in it an hopes of a draw were a bit higher...

No idea what happened 2nd half but what a performance. Dominated and had numerous chances before and after Flint headed the winner. Where did it come from?! So much confidence from everyone. Pack controlled everything! Wagstaff looked good too when he came on which begs the question why Cotteril hasn't used him this season.

Delighted to be wrong about no chance without Korey.

We will be safe this season and hopefully a few games before the end! 

8 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Feared the worst when Korey was not in the team - I gave us no chance! First ten mins it seemed to be coming true as they were all over us...then we got back in to it a bit before conceding a soft goal from a free-kick.

But when it looked like we would go in 1-0 down and set for a difficult 2nd half, Bryan pinged a shot against the post and Kodjia followed up, we were right back in it an hopes of a draw were a bit higher...

No idea what happened 2nd half but what a performance. Dominated and had numerous chances before and after Flint headed the winner. Where did it come from?! So much confidence from everyone. Pack controlled everything! Wagstaff looked good too when he came on which begs the question why Cotteril hasn't used him this season.

How did Reid do, can I ask?

He's been a starter in a few games where we've got decent wins, so am hoping he is kicking on.

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

How did Reid do, can I ask?

He's been a starter in a few games where we've got decent wins, so am hoping he is kicking on.

Like many players today, he struggled a bit first half but then was good 2nd half.

Almost forgot to mention how good Tomlin was. Made so many jinking runs.

Edited by Alex_BCFC

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Pack was so good second half. A captains performance! 

Great result. Great comeback both from going a goal down and from the 0-4. Listened on the radio. sounded relentless pressure 2nd half in particular. Key players seem to be coming back to form which is great.

Beat Rotherham, Bolton and Huddersfield at AG and safety is nailed on.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Well that's a result worth waiting 23hrs for!

Just landed in Perth (Western Australia) after nervously twitching with game withdrawal symptoms as the wifi on the plane wasn't working..switch the phone off of airplane mode and a very welcome text alert from BBC Sport arrives!

Looking at the team, formation etc and Bryan played centre midfield? Interested to hear did he fit naturally there?

Also just realised this post has probably cost me about £200 in roaming :facepalm:

• Like 5

17 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

No, 1971.

18 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I was in that corner on the terracing took 9000 i think , mental night.

Yep 9000 for a midweek trip !!

Biggest City away following ever (Save For Wembley) ?

Coventry ?

Amazing night - truly electric atmosphere !!!

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1