IGNORED

The worst part about yesterday

Super

We got beat by a truly dreadful team, probably some of the worst football I have seen this season from both teams, our first half performance was pathetic no quality or passion for a so called Derby game. Truly depressing day.

Was a terribly dull game and gutting to lose to such a poor side.

I think we needed to kick one or two up in the air if i'm honest, something that a tommy doc, stevie galliers or gerry gow would love to do. It would of got our crowd going and inspired our players.

Lee if you are looking for a midfield enforcer i am your man!

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

They were hardly dreadful. They played an ugly kind of style to get the job done. They could have passed it around more and played more open and impressed people like you more, but that would have played into our hands. I don't think we were that bad either, just couldn't find a way through. Did not see a lack of passion either, thought our players were running their socks off.

I saw little passion, even a crunching tackle would of fired the crowd up but there was nothing. 

End of the day I think this is just the sign of the times of modern day football. No atmosphere, no good passages of play, no great saves, can't remember a single tackle. All in a derby. Even the North London derby was only spicy yesterday because it had such a big impact on the title race. 

57 minutes ago, Super said:

I saw little passion, even a crunching tackle would of fired the crowd up but there was nothing. 

Baker put in plenty of crunching tackles. I remember one in particular right in front of me in Dolman A.

When people talk about "passion", what does that mean in practice? There was no lack of effort from the team, they appealed vigorously for penalties etc and Tomlin even ended up in the book for saying too much. Beyond that you're into the realms of stupidity and risking getting yourself sent off (think Baker v Blackburn).

Failing to break down a well organised side doesn't mean there was a lack of passion, whatever that actually means.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Baker put in plenty of crunching tackles. I remember one in particular right in front of me in Dolman A.

When people talk about "passion", what does that mean in practice? There was no lack of effort from the team, they appealed vigorously for penalties etc and Tomlin even ended up in the book for saying too much. Beyond that you're into the realms of stupidity and risking getting yourself sent off (think Baker v Blackburn).

Failing to break down a well organised side doesn't mean there was a lack of passion, whatever that actually means.

I just don't know what it was but everything was flat, the performance, the fans, everything. For a so called Derby it was bordering on embarrassing. 

40 minutes ago, Super said:

I just don't know what it was but everything was flat, the performance, the fans, everything. For a so called Derby it was bordering on embarrassing. 

early kick off no time to get cidered right up before hand

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

They were hardly dreadful. They played an ugly kind of style to get the job done. They could have passed it around more and played more open and impressed people like you more, but that would have played into our hands. I don't think we were that bad either, just couldn't find a way through. Did not see a lack of passion either, thought our players were running their socks off.

Agreed, closed us down and defended so well we resorted to high ball tactics, must have watched the video of the Brighton game. Nevertheless we had some chances but didn't take them. They will probably get into the playoffs, just hope our confidence isn't shot for the games at Wolves and Fulham where we should get some points.

7 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

If we were dreadful, what does that make you? That dreadful that we battered Brighton 4-1 who in turn, battered you 4-0. 

We had to win ugly yesterday and did it with ease. We can adjust our game when it suits, unlike you. 

I still think you'll struggle to stay up based on what I've seen of you this season. 

One things for sure. Results come and go every team has ups and down but we haven't sold our soul to the Malaysian devil have we boy.

Now back under your rock you go there's a good lad. 

The atmosphere in the Atyeo was fantastic, great effort from the lads with all the st George flags.

We did not get going in the first half where they controlled the midfield and deserved the lead at half time.

On a different day we could have had 2 pens, they had 2 good chances and took them both.

Thought it was a good derby game personally the first half was theirs and the second ours, should have been a draw after battering them at their place earlier in the season and ending up with a draw.

39 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

If we were dreadful, what does that make you? That dreadful that we battered Brighton 4-1 who in turn, battered you 4-0. 

We had to win ugly yesterday and did it with ease. We can adjust our game when it suits, unlike you. 

I still think you'll struggle to stay up based on what I've seen of you this season. 

Clearly you didn't go to the reverse game at your place then, when we comprehensively outplayed you from start to finish. Although we didn't win that day, you couldn't possibly have witnessed they performance and concluded "you'll struggle to stay up". And before yesterday we'd won 4 in 5 - you're just going to ignore that sort of inprovement?

As for picking out the Brighton results, you clearly don't understand football if you think that's how it works. It's not a ladder system. We beat Boro home and away - who would you rate as the better side?

Nice "always be blue" banner by the way. Where was it during your promotion season? Was it there the night you all took a free red scarf?

52 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

I said before you were terrible we were worse. You defended well.

10 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

You'd crawl over your dead granny's to be where we are, a top 8 championship team, playing for promotion every season. You lot haven't been dining at the top end of the championship for 20 years or more.  

For your info Wurzel. Our great owner has wiped all our debt, changed us back to our rightful colour whist playing in a state of the art 33k stadium. Our lowest crowds have been what your sell out shit hole of a ground was yesterday. 

Hopefully you'll be having another crack at winning league one next year. :-)) 

Thanks for the bite boy, into the keep net you go. Your'e obviously very bitter living in Swansea's shadow.

Off you go Mr Tan wants his ass wiped. 

You'd crawl over your dead granny's to be where we are, a top 8 championship team, playing for promotion every season. You lot haven't been dining at the top end of the championship for 20 years or more.  

For your info Wurzel. Our great owner has wiped all our debt, changed us back to our rightful colour whist playing in a state of the art 33k stadium. Our lowest crowds have been what your sell out shit hole of a ground was yesterday. 

Whay 4k against Shrewsbury?

8 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

You are really not a top 8 side based on the 2 games this season.

Oh and lower average attendance against a side 'struggling to stay up'. Unlucky mutant

Vincent, is that you?

For my sins I have several friends who support your lot and they're all in despair at the state of your club off the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

So you're ignoring our playoff final season then 8 years ago? Is that not "dining at the top end of the Championship".

Your "great owner" has made you a laughing stock. He gets no credit for changing back your colour as it was him who changed it in the first place! And isn't it a remarkable coincidence how your "always be blue" campaign only gathered any momentum once you were on the way back down. And what a magnificent stand you made by all staying away from a televised cup game against lower league opposition.

There is no set of fans who would swap with you regardless of your league position. That's because most of us value the identity and traditions of our club more than success at any cost.

As for your "state of the art" ground, it's a generic bowl indistinguishable from countless others build over the last 15 years. It is an architectural travesty, built on a budget. You really think this is the cutting edge of stadium design?

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So you're ignoring our playoff final season then 8 years ago? Is that not "dining at the top end of the Championship".

Your "great owner" has made you a laughing stock. He gets no credit for changing back your colour as it was him who changed it in the first place! And isn't it a remarkable coincidence how your "always be blue" campaign only gathered any momentum once you were on the way back down. And what a magnificent stand you made by all staying away from a televised cup game against lower league opposition.

There is no set of fans who would swap with you regardless of your league position. That's because most of us value the identity and traditions of our club more than success at any cost.

As for your "state of the art" ground, it's a generic bowl indistinguishable from countless others build over the last 15 years. It is an architectural travesty, built on a budget. You really think this is the cutting edge of stadium design?

image.jpg

A ground they cant even half fill :blink:

Cardiff average 14,400 City 15,100 so god knows where this idiot is churning up such garbage, oh hang on....

PS. Cool! the swear words morph into some polite expression :D

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

image.jpg

Legoland :laughcont:

10 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

bullshit bullshit and more bullshit from the kings of bullshit we are a bigger club than you always have been always will state of the art 33k seater and your lucky to get 10000 most home games even a lot of your season ticket holders don't bother oh and have you been in the championship over 20 years?

9 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Our wonderful owner seen the error of his ways and changed us back to our rightful colour whist wiping all our debt.  If the red thing is all you lot can come up with then you're 12 months too late. 

You're right though, it's not a ladder system, we are there because there are only 5 teams better than us at the moment. We beat Boro at home too for your info. 

I was at both our games as well, you can claim to have played us off the park all you like, truth is, we taken 4 points from our games this season - who was better is irrelevant really because you couldn't score against us on both accounts.  

Enjoy your relegation scrap though, hopefully Joe Mason can score for Wolves on Tuesday to rub the salt in even more. I would say see you next season but.... We could get promoted or more likely, you'll get relegated.  

You are deluding yourselves if you think the way you sold your soul for a crack at the big time is just something from the past that you can pretend didn't happen.

It is a permanent stain on your club and your fans that you allowed it to happen and only found your voice to object in meaningful numbers once the dream turned sour. Those of us who value more in our football club than success at any cost won't forget. The passing of 12 months doesn't make it any less shameful.

4 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Think you mean bite?  Anyhow, I think it's your fellow wurzels that's taken the bait, look at the replies.  

Where's your Robin these days? Haven't seen him about for a while. #wewantourrobinback. Bless.  

facts don't lie taff now rev up and **** off

1 minute ago, Bluebird76 said:

Think you mean bite?  Anyhow, I think it's your fellow wurzels that's taken the bait, look at the replies.  

Where's your Robin these days? Haven't seen him about for a while. #wewantourrobinback. Bless.  

I think you'll find iv'e edited it boy. You don't like me calling you boy do you ? boy. 

The fact is boy no one has any respect for your sell out club anymore in your lego ground , its quite pitiful really . 

19 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Our wonderful owner seen the error of his ways and changed us back to our rightful colour whist wiping all our debt.  If the red thing is all you lot can come up with then you're 12 months too late. 

You're right though, it's not a ladder system, we are there because there are only 5 teams better than us at the moment. We beat Boro at home too for your info. 

I was at both our games as well, you can claim to have played us off the park all you like, truth is, we taken 4 points from our games this season - who was better is irrelevant really because you couldn't score against us on both accounts.  

Enjoy your relegation scrap though, hopefully Joe Mason can score for Wolves on Tuesday to rub the salt in even more. I would say see you next season but.... We could get promoted or more likely, you'll get relegated.  

Yep as you have zero chance of being promoted. Leave the top league for a decent club like Swansea.

1 hour ago, Robin Friday's ghost said:

We are 7th in the league and level on points with the team in 6th. If we played poorly yesterday then it says something about quite how awful your side is that we still beat you 0-2. A few weeks ago we tore apart a BHA side which thrashed you at home. At the moment we are light years ahead of you - yesterday's result and the table don't lie. We've got a reasonable chance of getting into play-offs and you've got a reasonable chance of getting  relegated. I happen to think it is a pretty average Championship this season but, if so, in that average league we are one of the better sides and you are one of the worst.

Took you a while to crawl out of the woodwork RFG.  You did not tear BHA apart whatsoever, the scoreline belied their performance and you got lucky. Likewise we were unlucky against them, so the gap is nowhere near what you make out as you probably know deep down. We were all over you second half yesterday and another day the scoreline could have been different.  It happens.  

You have absolutely zero chance of going up this season and are nowhere near being one of the best sides in this division as the next few weeks will show I'm sure  so we'll see you next year 'boyo'. 

9 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Think that's the Cider talking now, go for a lie down. The women around Bristol and Gloucester look at you stupid if you mention the dentist, it's like the film wrong turn around your way.  

Ha ha ha good try but I've worked on the council estates in Cardiff and most of them look like sloth from the Goonies.

2 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Seriously? You honestly think we got lucky against Brighton? You're even more deluded than I first thought.  

Off the top of your head what other team has done what we did to them this season? Only us, as much as you dislike us we tore them a new one and even their manager had no complaints. We've been doing that to many teams this season but not taking our chances, that day they all went in. 

I honestly think you were terrible yesterday and we had to adjust to beat you, we won ugly. You cannot do that, we can, that's the sign of a good side with plenty of nouse in this division to play ugly and win against the lesser sides of this league, I.e. You lot.  

youre still not very good though taff

5 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

Seriously? You honestly think we got lucky against Brighton? You're even more deluded than I first thought.  

Off the top of your head what other team has done what we did to them this season? Only us, as much as you dislike us we tore them a new one and even their manager had no complaints. We've been doing that to many teams this season but not taking our chances, that day they all went in. 

I honestly think you were terrible yesterday and we had to adjust to beat you, we won ugly. You cannot do that, we can, that's the sign of a good side with plenty of nouse in this division to play ugly and win against the lesser sides of this league, I.e. You lot.  

The story i heard was the game was played in poor conditions on an awful pitch which affected Brighton's passing game which would explain the unusual result.

Are you Pr1ck Evans from Neath?

Where did I say you were lucky? I said you didn't tear them apart which was the claim and which despite the scoreline you did not.  They were all over you second half and missed a couple of sitters which couldve given it a very different outcome.  No delusion there at all. I watched the game. 

Youre a half decent side at the moment and you're on a decent run which given your parachute payments and amazing owner you should be, of that there is no doubt.  But you aren't going up, no chance. See you next season. 

5 hours ago, cityexile said:

Worst thing about yesterday was other results. If Rotherham had lost, as I expected them to, it just would have been a 'meh' day.

Agree. With the early kick off it felt like a double whammy with the whole afternoon spiralling into depressionville.

Don't want to end of on a downer though - looking forward to Fulham where we'll do good - hopefully :fingerscrossed:

12 minutes ago, Bluebird76 said:

To be fair , we have created plenty of chances all season and not taking them but were wide open at the back under Cotterill. Since he's been sacked our form has been much better and we've played much better than yesterday especially away. We gifted you both goals and pinned you back for most of the second half but made poor choices around the box. On the balance of play we deserved a point but we need to be smarter in this league. 

2 hours ago, Bluebird76 said:

Nice try mate, but you had almost 2000 school kids in on freebie vouchers (adult + child for £15) v Preston last week, bumping the crowd up to 15k. No give aways here this season, full houses and we've been getting hammered for most of it. 

You're right about on the pitch but off it, we've been streets ahead of you this season. You can pull a big crowd when things are good, but the records show you lot desert your team like few others when things are really bad (the stats are out there for all to see. I've seen them). 

4 hours ago, Bluebird76 said:

C You Next Tuesday. You weren't so gobby leaving Bristol yesterday. 

I remember talking to a swansea fan on holiday a few years back and he said that whilst most footy fans will have a bit of banter and realise the limitations of their club, there is something about cardiff fans that is different in that they think that they are there are one of the biggest clubs in the world and talk out of their backsides trying to prove it often ending up getting stroppy in the process..........

11 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

image.jpg

Looks like the carpark during an "always be blue" gathering, a campaign that originally saw a "huge" gathering take to the Cardiff streets in protest of Tan's Ladyboy takeover, huge as in 3-400, truly a show of passion and pride from Wales' second largest club.

18 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I remember talking to a swansea fan on holiday a few years back and he said that whilst most footy fans will have a bit of banter and realise the limitations of their club, there is something about cardiff fans that is different in that they think that they are there are one of the biggest clubs in the world and talk out of their backsides trying to prove it often ending up getting stroppy in the process..........

We know some people like that don`t we? Must be something about wearing blue.

Archived