IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Rotherham United Match Day Thread

havanatopia

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Someone has to come up to the plate this evening or my faith in the team will begin to wain

The players sadly have proved they are not up to this division and however hard Lee has worked he can't make silk purses out of sow's ears

I disagree we were out the bottom 3 thanks to Pembo & Wade before LJ started, so don't give a sh1t how hard he works if we go down he should go. 

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Although not over just yet did SL make a mistake and bring in LJ rather than Warnock; lets be fair was LJ on many fans radar ? yet Warnock seems would have been a better choice till the end of season at least; anyway to late and times running out WAKE up or we will be playing THEM SAGS next season.

Scary but increasingly realistic possibility...

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Although not over just yet did SL make a mistake and bring in LJ rather than Warnock; lets be fair was LJ on many fans radar ? yet Warnock seems would have been a better choice till the end of season at least; anyway to late and times running out WAKE up or we will be playing THEM SAGS next season.

LJ should never have been given the Job in the first place.

I've been saying it for weeks. This team will get relegated, and it's nothing more then the board and owner deserve 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I've been saying it for weeks. This team will get relegated, and it's nothing more then the board and owner deserve 

We are one nil down to the form team in the Championship and despite everything we are capable not only of equalising but winning .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I disagree we were out the bottom 3 thanks to Pembo & Wade before LJ started, so don't give a sh1t how hard he works if we go down he should go. 

B&llshit.  Guy came into a team he didn't buy whilst heading to the bottom like a stone, we might survive, if not then let's give someone that gives a sh!t a chance.

• Like 1

Like him or not warnock was the safe pair of hands.  Proven track record . We've gone for the Young hungry , cheaper yes man.a bit of a gamble lacking championship experience .  8 points clear at one point  and thought we were safe . We've fallen into the complacency trap. Too many fellow reds saying too good to go down,were safe now , really lots of sides St the bottom seem to have more tenacity about them . We have s couple of good games then think we've cracked it 

Agree the people at fault are clearly SC for abysmal leadership, and SL for not making the change of coach when it was blindingly obvious that SC was long past his sell by date, plus of course the disastrous, and never explained, recruitment shambles in the summer

I feel sorry for Lee whom I believe is real quality

Edited by Ivorguy
Sense
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I knew there were people on this forum hoping we would lose tonight. Call yourself a supporter, idiot!

• Like 4

Most worrying part of this game is LJ's tactics. He's trying to beat a team at their own game vs a manager that has 1000x more experience than him. 

Rotherham want this much more than us. Say what you will about their play acting but they are winning every second ball and flying into every challenge and we can't match it. 

Worrying. 

Calm down (some) dears. 

Rotherham have beaten better teams than us lately. Let's see what the second half brings before going in to meltdown. A wolves goal of two would not go amiss as well.

Always going to be a tight one today. Biggest disappointment is another careless goal conceeded.

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

BREAKING NEWS: Lee Johnson has been sacked, to be replaced by everyone who said he wasn't right for the job while City were losing a game.

Don't fret,Lee will be gone by this time next year..whatever divi we are in.and the spiral of bcfc mismanagement will continue.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

B&llshit.  Guy came into a team he didn't buy whilst heading to the bottom like a stone, we might survive, if not then let's give someone that gives a sh!t a chance.

I have said this in another thread and was shouted down.  Wades and Pembs had them playing with spirit and in a better shape and got them out of the relegation places,  apart from the honeymoon period under LJ something is not right now, as they are not now playing the same way and it's showing in the results.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We play worse football under Johnson than we did under cotts, forget results this football is terrible, Sean o driscoll stuff ... and that's a ******* fact 

I think Rotherham may be contributing, every so slightly, to the style of football we are seeing tonight.

Struggling to think of a more inept half of football since MK Dons at home. Hand grenades needed, and not just one. Simply an unacceptable performance so far. Kodjia on asap. 

I've seen more entertaining plays than this!!! 

Edited by Guest

I like to try to be positive but it's a toss up between us and the ref for who's shitter. 

The only shining light has been Wilbs. Getting some good flick ons going and I think maybe JK could benefit from them in the second half. 

I hope it gets better. I really do. 

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We play worse football under Johnson than we did under cotts, forget results this football is terrible, Sean o driscoll stuff ... and that's a ******* fact 

I can't be there tonight but I have been to all the other home games and Wolves away and that is just not true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Struggling to think of a more inept half of football since MK Dons at home. Hand grenades needed, and not just one. Simply an unacceptable performance so far. Kodjia on asap n

Almost as if we thought it was all over at the international break. Need to get back on it now.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I can't be there tonight but I have been to all the other home games and Wolves away and that is just not true.

Unfortunately it is tonight. Huge overstatement sweepingly, but on that 45 it's not wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I like to try to be positive but it's a toss up between us and the ref for who's shitter. 

The only shining light has been Wilbs. Getting some good flick ons going and I think maybe JK could benefit from them in the second half. 

I hope it gets better. I really do. 

Totally disagree, he has been awful mate. He's won 4 headers all half and has been bullied by broadfoot. We will beat Rotherham on the floor not the air. Very slow: get JK on and get in behind

Guest Red Si

For those that wanted Warnock in charge,  if you saw there tactics and dirty play tonight would soon change there mind.  Rather go down then play like that!!