IGNORED

Family corner

Magic Man

Hi. I'm looking for a review of the family corner at AG.
I've had a ST in the Dolman for years, but the kids are getting to an age where they're nagging me every week to bring them along.
What's it like over there? I'm imagining kids running around not watching the game stuffing themselves with chips.
If you have a seat there and can give me a heads up I'd be grateful.
Cheers

I moved in there at the beginning of the season, after many years in East End etc, There is no running around apart from trips to toilets, crisps and chocolate for obvious reasons. To be fair it's different in many ways , no or very little swearing a good place to encourage the young fans to support their local team. You can sing and support as much/ little as you want.

The only negative this season for me was the decision to not allow access to nearest toilets for my son to use as the board etc were near the exit, hopefully this won't be a problem next year. 

Hope this helps a little, it's great to encourage kids to support their local team.

I've just bought a ticket in there for myself and the boy. First ST for about 7 years after about 15 years in the Dolman previously. Getting excited already about being a regular once more and keen to find out what it's going to be like in there.

Its alright over there, although we have suffered from a lot of seats around us not being season ticket holders and had some right numptys sat around us at times, but i guess you can get that most places in the ground, could be worse though, the row in front of us has four or five kids sat together in the middle of the row, they get up every 5 - 10 minutes for drinks/chocolate/toilet/pastys, it would drive me nuts being in that row. We are off over the west stand, my old man said he cant take sitting there anymore !

No issues at all with the corner, you don't get kids running around. Maybe one or two might play near the voms occasionally but I can only even recall that on one or two matches. Most kids when bored just seem to sit quitely or play on ipads/tablets etc. 

My daughter is 12 now - so we couldn't keep our seats. I don't know who's more gutted, me or her!

We're right up in the corner, a couple of rows down from the back. Great view. I think you'd want to be fairly high up if the kids are young, as you can clearly see everything, albeit at the expense of being nice and close to the action.

Good bunch around us - there's even a Section82-style youth firm forming at the end of our row, all aged about 7 or 8; their songs always get a chuckle from the adults in an endearing way. Hardly any running / crying / endless toilet trips....but yes, lots of wine gum wrappers and crisp packets. :yawn:

If you want chants and 'atmosphere', it's not for you. If you want to enjoy a day at the Football with kids, it's great. It is a bit of a joke that you cant' access the steps to the right from block 25, but it's just something you'll get used to. If you want to get up and down from your seats during the game then bear that in mind, and go towards the steps between blocks 24 and 25.

Really good value as well. Going to cost me a lot more next season!

11 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Its alright over there, although we have suffered from a lot of seats around us not being season ticket holders and had some right numptys sat around us at times, but i guess you can get that most places in the ground, could be worse though, the row in front of us has four or five kids sat together in the middle of the row, they get up every 5 - 10 minutes for drinks/chocolate/toilet/pastys, it would drive me nuts being in that row. We are off over the west stand, my old man said he cant take sitting there anymore !

It's about time your old man bought you a adult ticket,your'e not a Timothy from Sorry type are you.(If you are only twelve,I take it back)

5 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

It's about time your old man bought you a adult ticket,your'e not a Timothy from Sorry type are you.(If you are only twelve,I take it back)

Im not sure if thats an attempt at humour or not. I sit there with my 9 year old son and dad and no my 9 year old son is not my dad before any other comedians chip in.

2 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Im not sure if thats an attempt at humour or not. I sit there with my 9 year old son and dad.

Life is too short to be serious.

I will be spending my first season there as my 6 year old wants to come with me and my 19yr old daughter.

There didnt look to be many seats un occupied when I phoned up for my move from my old seat last monday...

4 hours ago, reformed_red said:

My daughter is 12 now - so we couldn't keep our seats. I don't know who's more gutted, me or her!

We're right up in the corner, a couple of rows down from the back. Great view. I think you'd want to be fairly high up if the kids are young, as you can clearly see everything, albeit at the expense of being nice and close to the action.

Good bunch around us - there's even a Section82-style youth firm forming at the end of our row, all aged about 7 or 8; their songs always get a chuckle from the adults in an endearing way. Hardly any running / crying / endless toilet trips....but yes, lots of wine gum wrappers and crisp packets. :yawn:

If you want chants and 'atmosphere', it's not for you. If you want to enjoy a day at the Football with kids, it's great. It is a bit of a joke that you cant' access the steps to the right from block 25, but it's just something you'll get used to. If you want to get up and down from your seats during the game then bear that in mind, and go towards the steps between blocks 24 and 25.

Really good value as well. Going to cost me a lot more next season!

love it!:bounce:

18 hours ago, Magic Man said:

Hi. I'm looking for a review of the family corner at AG.
I've had a ST in the Dolman for years, but the kids are getting to an age where they're nagging me every week to bring them along.
What's it like over there? I'm imagining kids running around not watching the game stuffing themselves with chips.
If you have a seat there and can give me a heads up I'd be grateful.
Cheers

you can have chips too…and sweets if you behave

I am in the smallest block of seats in the whole stadium - block E27 (now S27), which is a block of only 8 seats. We moved there last season (formely sat in Block F in the dolman) and to be fair, with its side view, it is pretty much like sitting in the dolman (just a shimmy away from old block G). My son is only 5 and he is CITY CRAZY and watches the game intensely like an adult. Never had any issues with kids playing up (we are a couple of rows from the back), there are a few lads (adults) right at the back who gave a bit of language but I am assuming they will jog on next season. If not, I think a few fathers may have a quiet word with them.

I would recommend and at £345 with a child going free it really is a no brainer for me!

Tomo

My son, grandson and I are in S25 and have renewed our seats. They're in the front row, I'm behind them in the 2nd row. We''re right on the corner flag (practically!)

For us, there wasn't an option, we had to renew!! Great seats on top of the action, friendly atmosphere, convenient everything and fantastic view. I thoroughly recommend it!

Unfortunately, like an earlier poster, my son will be 12 during next season so we'll presumably have to move out. We're eyeing up the upper tier of the West Stand in 2017-18, when we hit the dizzy heights (pun entirely intended) of the Prem! Here's hoping

Archived