IGNORED

Please Sign My Form To Sign Lee Tomlin!

Guest Blunderbus

Guest Blunderbus

I have set up an online petition on change.org attempting to get as many names as possible to show the powers that be at Ashton Gate that we need to sign Lee Tomlin on a permanent basis! Anyone who has seen him play for us this season will agree he is one of the most gifted players to put on a City shirt in years! He has helped turn our season around and keep us watching Championship football next season! It's really quick and easy to do please take a few minutes to visit and sign thank you. Not actually sure how to set up a link to it but go to www.change.org and search 'Bristol City Please Sign Lee Tomlin' and you will find it!

5 minutes ago, Blunderbus said:

I have set up an online petition on change.org attempting to get as many names as possible to show the powers that be at Ashton Gate that we need to sign Lee Tomlin on a permanent basis! 

Completely unesseccary.

LJ has said he'd like to sign him.

The issues are 1) would B'muff b willing to let him go? 2) if they agree to allow a move for Tomlin then numerous other clubs would interested and provide increased competition for his signature.  3) would Tomlin want to sign for City ......:dunno:

Absolutely no need to tell the club any of that - they know.... 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Completely unesseccary.

The issues are 1) would B'muff b willing to let him go? 2) if they agree to allow a move for Tomlin then numerous other clubs would interested and provide increased competition for his signature.  3) would Tomlin want to sign for City ......:dunno:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :P

Guest wheatus59
14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Completely unesseccary.

The way he punched the badge when he scored I think he'd love to sign permanently .

1 hour ago, Blunderbus said:

I have set up an online petition on change.org attempting to get as many names as possible to show the powers that be at Ashton Gate that we need to sign Lee Tomlin on a permanent basis! Anyone who has seen him play for us this season will agree he is one of the most gifted players to put on a City shirt in years! He has helped turn our season around and keep us watching Championship football next season! It's really quick and easy to do please take a few minutes to visit and sign thank you. Not actually sure how to set up a link to it but go to www.change.org and search 'Bristol City Please Sign Lee Tomlin' and you will find it!

Share the sentiment completely, but I don't think they need to be told. I think the fans made it perfectly clear yesterday that we want him to sign, the media people asked LJ in his post-match interview, GT asked SL on RB, LT was asked directly on the pitch in his interview, it was also mentioned on Subs-Bench. Strawberry2157 even asked LT's mrs…

Maybe it's Eddie Howe it should be directed at…?

8 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

The way he punched the badge when he scored I think he'd love to sign permanently .

I think he's enjoyed his time here. As a talented footballer with only a limited amount of time to make enough money to make the rest of his life comfortable I think cash will be the main factor although Tomlin will also no doubt want to be part of a club challenging at the right end of the Championship if not already Premier League.

I really hope we can persuade him to stay but I won't be surprised if a bigger club come in for him. Whatever happens he's been brilliant and a big part in our recent good form. Great player.

13 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Fair points. Signing Tomlin would finally show how serious City are about fighting at the top next season.

Typical response, nothing to add as per many others posters. 

Would you rather I booooooooooo'd :P

Humour bypass - by me or you @Thatch35?

Perhaps I should've replied to @Robbored with some suggested song lyrics? :P

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Completely unesseccary.

Wetting myself at this response. I don't think it needed validation.

Guest twodogs
1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Fair points. Signing Tomlin would finally show how serious City are about fighting at the top next season.

Typical response, nothing to add as per many others posters. 

thatch stop being a negative ****. 

Guest twodogs

I'm going to caveat that in that you've taken dogs abuse and stayed humourous don't lose it now as you've pointed out its a forum.

Rob you love the abuse you wierdo:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, wheatus59 said:

I always cringe when a player kisses the badge or punches it....so many do it and then they bugger off when more money is dangled in front of them by another club.

Remember Akinbiyi's 'stick with us we need you' message for the fans on a t-shirt shortly before he left....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I always cringe when a player kisses the badge or punches it....so many do it and then they bugger off when more money is dangled in front of them by another club.

Remember Akinbiyi's 'stick with us we need you' message for the fans on a t-shirt shortly before he left....

I do but it wasn`t entirely his fault he left - there`s no way the club were going to turn down what Wolves were offering in a million years.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I do but it wasn`t entirely his fault he left - there`s no way the club were going to turn down what Wolves were offering in a million years.

Fair enough....but it still shows why on pitch demonstrations of perceived loyalty and love by players are pretty pointless because they come and go with alarming regularity.

We support the badge, the name and the club, we are the only constant at the club (together with back room staff) and players shouldn't try to show their love for a club when they can be off like a shot.....it's their job and it's our passion...totally different things...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough....but it still shows why on pitch demonstrations of perceived loyalty and love by players are pretty pointless because they come and go with alarming regularity.

We support the badge, the name and the club, we are the only constant at the club (together with back room staff) and players shouldn't try to show their love for a club when they can be off like a shot.....it's their job and it's our passion...totally different things...

It was ever thus mate. It`s a bit different when it`s someone like Louis, Scotty or Tins though, they earned the right. Hopefully we can say the same about Joe Bryan in a few years when he kisses the badge after winning the CL with us at the Camp Nou!

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was ever thus mate. It`s a bit different when it`s someone like Louis, Scotty or Tins though, they earned the right. Hopefully we can say the same about Joe Bryan in a few years when he kisses the badge after winning the CL with us at the Camp Nou!

Hope so, but I fear the days of making 300 - 600 ish appearances for a club are long gone.....my fave example is Trevor Benjamin who played for 29 clubs!!!

42 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I have set up a petition called "Get Bristol City into the Premier League" if you could all sign up that would be great.  Should really help!

Haha. Brilliant. 

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Can I have the name of your dealer?  

9 hours ago, Blunderbus said:

Are you his agent? Or gash? No right minded City fan would start a petition like this.

Probably one of the most skilful players I've seen down the Gate - one of those players who takes the ball and makes it look as if it belongs to him.

Petition on on change.org, you are taking the piss.

Can't see it doing any harm,even if it does no good either.

OP can claim it was all because of his petition if Lee Tomlin does sign, and it was all because of the miserable gits on here, who wouldn't sign the petition, if he doesn't.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I always cringe when a player kisses the badge or punches it....

Tomlin was merely expressing his views about the decision to change the badge to all red next season. 

Had he scored another, he planned to drop his white shorts.

2 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Tomlin was merely expressing his views about the decision to change the badge to all red next season. 

Had he scored another, he planned to drop his white shorts.

I think he liked it…

At Yhe end of the day, City have to keep transfer dealings affordable, and players will sign for the clubs that offer the best overall package. It would be a great signing, and we have clearly got a slight advantage, we just have to see what happens. 

18 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Only 100,000 more signatures and we can have it heard in parliament. 

That'll show SL!

I haven't bothered looking at this petition and had no I attention of doing so. Finding out from @Charliesboots that it has only achieved 14 signatures doesn't surprise me a bit.

Then I thought, wouldn't it be funny to see if we could get this trending and achieve the 100,000 signatures necessary for it to be heard in parliament? How toe-charmingly embarrassing. I'm now off to sign it. 

It's heading towards the summer when things get a little quiet on here so why don't we do something to amuse ourselves? Come on, you know it makes sense.

Guest twodogs
9 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Eh? Hoping city sign Tomlin is negative? And hoping city are in the top 10 next season is negative? Fair play if your expecting Messi and 1st place all season long. :)

i was referring to the 2nd part of your post. I'll take first place on the last day of the season

Archived