IGNORED

Lj thanks loan players....

simon uk

8 minutes ago, simon uk said:

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/johnson-thanks-loan-contributions-3096721.aspx

More specifically, he thinks that they would all be interested in signing permanently if a deal can be done... 

On the basis that lj ought to know just what their wages are now, and whether we can come up with a package which will get them in, that has to be promissing news??

Would be happy to see Pearce, Baker and Tomlin sign. Prob not Odemwingie though given his age.

10 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

What happened to Odemwingie..... Seemed to come in, do well then disappeared....

Indeed. I deduced from that we had absolutely no hope of signing him, so honoured our agreement with him but faded him out and got used to life without him.

yup, I am clutching at straws here. Convincing myself that as the others were played, especially Tomlin, that there is glimmers of hope we can strike a deal with them.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Cue a Peter Odemwingie hat-trick tomorrow...

He certainly knows where the ground is? Well he can find it from West Bromwich anyway, lets hope they let him in tomorrow :whistle:

I reckon we should concentrate our efforts on securing Tomlin and Matthews, 2 players who are reliable top end Championship quality.

I'd pass on the temperamental and injury prone Baker ( never played 2 consecutive games for Villa according to LJ) and Odemwingie, silky player though he is, was almost certainly brought in with no thoughts to more than short term given his age and wages.

Pearce would also be a good value signing as competent central defensive back up, but our priority in that department should be a top quality ball playing addition to complement our player of the season.

I did wonder whether there were clauses in Peter O's contract regarding what we paid and amount of game time. An injury might explain the last couple of games but not the bench time prior to that. I suppose as long as we were doing ok with our own players and the ones we wanted to keep, there was no need to use a journeyman who was off at the end of the season anyway. Thanks for the couple of goals Pete and good luck in your career I guess.

18 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

If we signed baker and Pearce, that would surely spell end for Williams? Although I'd rather is sign someone other than Pearce and not that fussed on baker

No chance in getting baker with villa back down but can see pearce joining us. Williams would be a good option at left back as well and is still young so would be silly to let him go.

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

If we signed baker and Pearce, that would surely spell end for Williams? Although I'd rather is sign someone other than Pearce and not that fussed on baker

I think Williams would still be useful. He can play LB or CB. That means we would have two right footed CB's & two left footers, although I'm not sure Pearce can be considered right footed? Maybe no footed!?

2 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Agreed. I don't see the fuss about Pearce, he was average at best in the two home games he started, but seemingly everyone wants us to sign him.

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

Agreed. I don't see the fuss about Pearce, he was average at best in the two home games he started, but seemingly everyone wants us to sign him.

Because he has been a model pro whilst here. Championship average is good. We are an average team. Better than poor. When Pearce hasn't been playing he has been talking to the team about how to improve, what to do, the perfect cover. Comes in with experience. 

Tbf, he is probably a good role model for Williams in training to help him improve. He just doesn't seem like an exciting signing but as people say he has the league and international experience and wouldn't have that if he wasn't half decent. Possible he will partner Flint next season with Williams as understudy

4 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Tbf, he is probably a good role model for Williams in training to help him improve. He just doesn't seem like an exciting signing but as people say he has the league and international experience and wouldn't have that if he wasn't half decent. Possible he will partner Flint next season with Williams as understudy

10 years with reading and a promotion chasing side signing him last summer tells you he must be decent at this level and if we can get him on a free it's a no brainer in my eyes.

27 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

10 years with reading and a promotion chasing side signing him last summer tells you he must be decent at this level and if we can get him on a free it's a no brainer in my eyes.

If we`d have signed him permanently last summer we would have all thought it was a good bit of business. It still is IMO.

Hardly played wasn't fit when he arrived .hasn't had much game time since here .consistent championship player .sure we would see this if he had a run of games .we are to quick to write players off after a couple of games. Some of the comments after Matthews first few games were crazy match fitness and game time is everything .

18 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

If we can get him on a free of course that'd be attractive. There just seems a lot of clamour considering we've seen so little of him, and when he's played he's not been great.

Archived