IGNORED

My Little History With Danny Wilson!

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Guest Tins4Gaffer

I was on trial at Barnsley in 97 and Sheff Weds in 99.. whilst at Barnsley Danny told me I was going to make my living in central defence or central midfield.. but I was thrown out after 12 weeks.. I was gutted mostly because of what Danny had told me..! Then whilst at Sheff Weds Danny persistantly told me amongst other sentances "we want to keep you hear kid.." but I was thrown out after just 6 weeks and Danny personally told me I'd "play at a higher standard than most".. but I was gutted because he basically lied to me twice..

What a disappointment! I know that you have it in for DW but to place this kind of post in an attempt to get people to turn on him is a little sad.

What you perceive as "lies" could just as easily be read as attempts to encourage, build confidence etc.

It may have the opposite effect and caused you to think you were on easy street and you may have stopped putting in the necessary effort. I don't know, I am only guessing but I think these are equally valid interpretations as your's.

Guest Tins4Gaffer

I'm not trying to turn anyone against him.. just thought this would be interesting thats all.. I do think he is a terrific manager and I certainly wouldn't sack him at the mo.. he's doing great and has brought so much stability to the club..

Guest Tins4Gaffer

I also played for a certain BRISTOL CITY school excellence sides.. and then went on to play 3 games for R#*%ers before breaking my leg.. I was never the same afterwards..

I also played for a certain BRISTOL CITY school excellence sides.. and then went on to play 3 games for R#*%ers before breaking my leg.. I was never the same afterwards..

You were never the same again after 3 games with the Gas????? oops, sorry, couldn't resist, on a serious note it looks like you didn't get the right break, oops sorry again.

Surely you are playing semi-pro or something if you are of the right age?

All managers have made mistakes not taking on a young lad who then turns out to be a pretty useful footballer. Trevor Francis comes to mind............

If you are still playing then good luck with the remainder of your playing career.

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds
You were never the same again after 3 games with the Gas????? oops, sorry, couldn't resist, on a serious note it looks like you didn't get the right break, oops sorry again.

how funny nice 1

Guest KingswoodRed

I couldn't help but pick up the point of the Rovers/City aspect of the trials situation here.

I have had a limited experiance in this area having applied for trials with City & Rovers.

A while back maybe, but I got a very luke warm reaction from City when a Mr. Rae was chief scout.

Rovers however, offered me a weeks training straight away without question, which I have some great memories of.

My small point would be, is this why they might have got the likes of the Barry Hales, Bobby Zamoras etc etc for having a slightly more open mind about trials, or is this situation long gone now?

Guest KingswoodRed

Sorry, I only used Mr. Rae's name to give an idea of how long ago it was, I never meant to give any impression he was nothing less than a tremendous asset to the club.

My apologies if this was how it seemed.

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Jock will scouts though doesn't he? God knows how old he is now..

A lad who will become Rovers top striker before long named SHANE HOBBS played in the same youth teams as me.. I also played with JOE ANINHSAY (sp?).. they were our strike partnership at St Valliers.. Joe was so dangerous but admittedly Shane was the better player..

Guest Tins4Gaffer
Fair play to you though,

At the time when you were in Yorkshire, trying to earn a contract with Barnsley and Sheff Wed, you were also coming back to Bristol to watch City week in week out. I admire that commitment.

Who said I was watching City week-in week-out back then??

Who said I was watching City week-in week-out back then??

I think he's presumed you were, based on the fact you have strong opinions, on other threads, about players who were at City at this time (Thorpe, Goater, Akinbiyi etc).

Archived