IGNORED

Tickets v Wigan

Jacs

Anyone know when the tickets for the Wigan game on 6th August are likely to go on sale? 

It's only 3 and half weeks away now and the website just says ' Ticket information will be announced soon'! 

3 minutes ago, Jacs said:

Anyone know when the tickets for the Wigan game on 6th August are likely to go on sale? 

It's only 3 and half weeks away now and the website just says ' Ticket information will be announced soon'! 

Normally just over two weeks before the first game i thought! Seems to differ every year!

Thanks. Like you said, it would be nice if there was some consistency in it. However, the club just seem to put the tickets, for all home games, on sale 'whenever'.

Doesn't help those of us who have a 360 mile round trip for a home games and have make travel arrangements in advance. 

3 minutes ago, Jacs said:

Thanks. Like you said, it would be nice if there was some consistency in it. However, the club just seem to put the tickets, for all home games, on sale 'whenever'.

Doesn't help those of us who have a 360 mile round trip for a home games and have make travel arrangements in advance. 

Raise the issue with the club, i know others have. What i can guarantee you is that it wont sell out so no harm in making the arrangments now.

Is it really a problem for anyone or just another moan at the club? Everyone knows the date and time of the game and getting a ticket will not be an issue whenever they go on sale.

Book a train, book a flight, fill your car with petrol the games on as advertised!

36 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Is it really a problem for anyone or just another moan at the club? Everyone knows the date and time of the game and getting a ticket will not be an issue whenever they go on sale.

Book a train, book a flight, fill your car with petrol the games on as advertised!

Agree.  Even if we fill the stadium, it won't be sold out on day one of general sale.

58 minutes ago, frenchred said:

To be honest I'm not too impressed with the lack of information.

I want to know exactly when they go on sale so I can ensure I get a ticket near my Dad who is a season ticket holder. 

1 hour ago, Selred said:

To be honest I'm not too impressed with the lack of information.

I want to know exactly when they go on sale so I can ensure I get a ticket near my Dad who is a season ticket holder. 

I'm sure the club website and Twitter account will announce when tickets are on sale so not sure what you mean about the lack of information...

When they are on sale, the club will let the world know, they won't keep the info to themselves because they want to sell tickets.

So much pummelling of our club and the constant moan about lack of information just doesn't stack up...not directing this at just you Selred....when there is something to be announced, the club gives out info...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm sure the club website and Twitter account will announce when tickets are on sale so not sure what you mean about the lack of information...

When they are on sale, the club will let the world know, they won't keep the info to themselves because they want to sell tickets.

So much pummelling of our club and the constant moan about lack of information just doesn't stack up...not directing this at just you Selred....when there is something to be announced, the club gives out info...

But it's in under a month. Why can't they give information about when they go on sale? Hardly like they are planning lots of other games is it. It surely won't be long til they go on sale now and with fixtures out and signings announced people will already be excited to get tickets to the opening game.

Its consumer feedback, not pummelling the club. All very fair on this thread! 

26 minutes ago, Selred said:

But it's in under a month. Why can't they give information about when they go on sale? Hardly like they are planning lots of other games is it. It surely won't be long til they go on sale now and with fixtures out and signings announced people will already be excited to get tickets to the opening game.

Fair play mate - as it's the first game then perhaps yes they could give more notice than usual.

Hope you get sorted and can get tickets near your family.

You'll have no problems getting in though...27k ain't gonna happen in the football world this season, it may well happen for the Rugby team though...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play mate - as it's the first game then perhaps yes they could give more notice than usual.

Hope you get sorted and can get tickets near your family.

You'll have no problems getting in though...27k ain't gonna happen in the football world this season, it may well happen for the Rugby team though...

I'm sure they will announce details once they know for certain how many stands will be definitely open.

Never understood why the club can't publish on-sale dates for tickets so we all know where we stand.

Also don't understand why I can buy a ticket for any performance of a West End show months in advance whereas we put tickets on sale for one or two games at a time. In theory at least you could put every single game of the season on sale from day one. With an online ticketing system and, in the case of members, games loaded onto cards, the human effort required is minimal.

8 hours ago, Selred said:

Because we haven't finished selling not season tickets yet that's why,

for god sake we've only played 1 pre-season friendly and people are already whinging for the sake of it

also sky haven't announced all the live games so it still may be moved,

the stand still needs its safety cert so may not b able to open to full capacity like last season

theres a lot of factors in it so it's not simple 

6 hours ago, City169 said:

Doubt they'd ever put all games on sale from day one as you still never know when sky are going to fanny about with kickoff for a TV game or if the police want a game at a different time until nearer the event

Agree they're unlikely to do it in practice for the reasons you state but it is possible in theory. But I still think they could have numerous games on sale much further in advance than they do, and "on-sale" dates could be published.

31 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

for god sake we've only played 1 pre-season friendly and people are already whinging for the sake of it

the stand still needs its safety cert so may not b able to open to full capacity like last season

Sorry but selling season tickets compared to match day tickets are completely different things. If you wanted a season ticket you'd probably bought one by now, a ticket to one game won't affect that.

Why can't they announce what date the tickets will be on sale though? I'm not asking for them to be selling the tickets, just a little more information about when they will be on sale.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Some valid points @Monkeh but:

You could say season tickets are on sale all the way through the season

Sky HAVE announced their fixtures for the first weekend, so we are 100% not being moved

Agree that the top tier may not be ready for game 1, which "could" be why there is a delay

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Why can't they announce what date the tickets will be on sale though? I'm not asking for them to be selling the tickets, just a little more information about when they will be on sale.

@Selred interesting thought, I can remember a number of times last season the same question was asked, but that was more to do with the limited space available

It may be something @Mkelly can raise?

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Sure hope they have all certification in place re-Newcastle/Villa games-maybe these fixtures arriving so early season have taken a panic factor to quite a few people............

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I don't see whinging, I see people who want to purchase a ticket/tickets for a game in 3 weeks time.

For instance, I go abroad next week and come back on August 5th. The games one day later, it would be nice to sort out tickets now!

Whilst I realise we are not as big a club as Spurs - when I bought tickets for a game at White Hart Lane (the Weekend of the JPT final in 2015- so thought why not!) I phoned their box office in advance to find out when they went on sale and was told that the procedure was the same for every home league game. 3 weeks before the game on a Tuesday at 9:30 am was their top priority members, the next day at 9:30am was the next level of membership and then a week later on the Thursday was general sale. So general sale was always 2 weeks before the game on the Thursday at 9:30 am.

I do agree that the last few seasons have been disrupted by the rebuild but the truth is ticket sales at City have never had a clear clarification as to when tickets go on sale. Most the time I'd call up and be given an estimation or just a "keep an eye on the website".

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Some valid points @Monkeh but:

You could say season tickets are on sale all the way through the season

Sky HAVE announced their fixtures for the first weekend, so we are 100% not being moved

Agree that the top tier may not be ready for game 1, which "could" be why there is a delay

@Selred interesting thought, I can remember a number of times last season the same question was asked, but that was more to do with the limited space available

It may be something @Mkelly can raise?

The West Stand will not be open for the Portsmouth friendly as hoped, and that was to be our test  event for which the safety certificate is granted. Now they either have to hastily arrange another event of some kind, or delay the opening of the stand . With season tickets sold for it, and all the corporate facilities taken it would be a nightmare if we cant use it for the Wigan match. Would be easier to postpone the game or switch fixtures so that Wigan are at home first, and it is my guess this is why match ticket sales are being held back as late as possible.

28 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

The West Stand will not be open for the Portsmouth friendly as hoped, and that was to be our test  event for which the safety certificate is granted. Now they either have to hastily arrange another event of some kind, or delay the opening of the stand . With season tickets sold for it, and all the corporate facilities taken it would be a nightmare if we cant use it for the Wigan match. Would be easier to postpone the game or switch fixtures so that Wigan are at home first, and it is my guess this is why match ticket sales are being held back as late as possible.

Missed that announcement.

When is the new stand expected to be ready?

40 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Surprised they didn't look into switching it with Wigan, I know Liverpool have swapped with Burnley in a similar case.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Surprised they didn't look into switching it with Wigan, I know Liverpool have swapped with Burnley in a similar case.

not that simple, we have the blue few to consider, we both can't play at home at the same time still, and when we are due to play wigan away they will be at home to southend

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

not that simple, we have the blue few to consider, we both can't play at home at the same time still, and when we are due to play wigan away they will be at home to southend

Forgot about them Monk easily done!

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

It shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to find a solution to that conundrum.  In fact I've never been convinced that it's really necessary for two clubs on opposite sides of the city with a combined attendance of less than 30k to play on separate days.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to find a solution to that conundrum.  In fact I've never been convinced that it's really necessary for two clubs on opposite sides of the city with a combined attendance of less than 30k to play on separate days.

They trailed it not so long ago us playing at 12 them at 3 

needless to say there was a lot of trouble

13 minutes ago, redapple said:

On a personal note it would be great if they could put it back a few days or even just a day as I'm tied up with daughters wedding on the 6th. 

That`s a shame mate - if it stays as the 6th you won`t be able to make it then?

Still. I`m sure she`ll find someone else to give her away.:thumbsup:

• Admin

Was just on a boring telecon so had the time to check through this, These are the other opening weekend fixtures:

BREAKDOWN OF INFO BELOW:

BIRMINGHAM Vs Cardiff Tickets went onsale Monday 11th July

BLACKBURN Vs Norwich Tickets went onsale Friday 15th July

DERBY Vs Brighton Tickets went onsale Sunday 10thh July

FULHAM Vs Newcastle Tickets went onsale Thursday 30th June

HUDDERSFIELD Vs Brentford Tickets went onsale Monday 11thh July

IPSWICH Vs Barnsley Tickets went onsale Monday 11th July

NOTTS FOREST Vs Brighton Tickets went onsale Monday 18th July

QPR Vs Leeds Tickets went onsale Thursday 14th July

READING Vs Preston Tickets went onsale Friday 8th July

ROTHERHAM Vs Wolves Tickets went onsale Thursday 7th July

SHEFFILED WEDS Vs Aston Villa NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE

9 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

I wonder if there is a cut off date for moving the game to Wigan if necessary?

If there is I imagine it must be very close.

Not sure if mentioned already, but read somewhere that selling clubs should make tickets available around 4 weeks prior to the game, so big fail on our part here.

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Selred said:

I didn't say put tickets on sale, but at least have a date or more information when they are likely to go on sale. 

Hopefully for people like yourselves this will be implemented?

Whilst appreciating the complexity of arranging the fixture list on a national scale, I still think it's madness that the first game wasn't arranged away from home.  That extra week could have made such a difference.

I also absolutely agree that the lack of any information is poor from the club.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Whilst appreciating the complexity of arranging the fixture list on a national scale, I still think it's madness that the first game wasn't arranged away from home.  That extra week could have made such a difference.

That's what Liverpool have done

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The problem is the Balloon Festival is the following week. It would have been a disaster to be home then due to traffic problems. 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The problem is the Balloon Festival is the following week. It would have been a disaster to be home then due to traffic problems. 

As stated on previous reply, Liverpool are playing their first 3 games away from Anfield

Tickets for City’s opening day clash with Wigan Athletic will go on sale from 10am on Monday, July 25th.

Due to safety requirements imposed by the Safety Advisory Group (SAG), the West Stand will be operating under a reduced capacity for the first game of the season. Tickets will only be available in the lower West Stand for the season opener, which takes place at Ashton Gate on Saturday, August 6th (3pm). 

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wigan-tickets-on-sale-monday-3196843.aspx

2 hours ago, Super said:

Ticket details released soon. Thanks for that Andy....

Don't be so harsh. He's been reliably informed that some tickets will be on sale anytime between tomorrow and Friday 5th August. 

With that kind of ITK info, he must be contacted right up. 

11 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

I see prices up for game,  the cheaper ones in brackets are I presume for members.. But i can't see any link to how to become a member / what you pay etc to join? 

Go to the Bristol Sport site and you'll find it. £20 per person. No additional charge for people who have been living under a rock either.

Archived