IGNORED

Celtic - In Trouble again

Super

11 hours ago, chipdawg said:

Taking aside any personal opinions on both Celtic fans and the Israel-Palestine situation, in what way is this offensive? Provocative, certainly. But it's not offensive 

Its provocative and ridiculous. More than that though its just plain embarrassing. Idiots.

2 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Spot on.  Can understand why Green Brigade's view on Ireland and wearing poppies would get abuse, but people are really going out of their way be offended here.

Most fair minded Israelis would concede that some form of Palestinian state needs to be created and recognised.  

Any opportunity to have a go at Celtic, Catholicism, or the Irish, eh lads???  We've had an ISIS gibe too.  Just like the Islam CSC.  Hilarious.  

Islam CSC

I dont disagree with your political point but lets be honest a bunch of scots just sat around and thought how can i really offend this Israeli team? Nothing that deserves respect in that kind of mentality.

I have no problem with football fans being political. If more football fans were political then maybe we wouldn't have a situation in this country where we have more billionaires than ever before and many more people relying on food banks. If Celtic fans see a link with the discrimination aimed at Irish Catholics in Scotland and the discrimination of Arabs in Israel and want to highlight it then so be it. 

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I dont disagree with your political point but lets be honest a bunch of scots just sat arpund and thoyght i can i really offend this Israeli team? Nothing that deserves respect in that kind of mentality.

Not saying it deserves respect.  If there's a poster on here that is Israeli AND is offended, then step forward.

If posters don't like Celtic or The Green Brigade, fair enough.  I'd prefer those concerned vent their spleen on a Rangers forum rather then here.  It divisive and usually turns nasty.  

There's absolutely no need to be offended on someone else's behalf so let's not use this issue as an excuse to trot out the same old indignation and outrage that someone you don't like holds an opinion you disagree with.  

(Not suggesting the point applies to you, mate)

Archived