IGNORED

Villa vs Brentford

dereks no1

He didn't refuse to play for us...'he said to the coaching staff that he would prefer not to'...he didn't plain blank refuse. I'm personally glad he didn't against Scunthorpe in the cup. Knowing our luck, he'd have broken his leg and be worth sod all. Worked out well for everyone. I'm glad he 'forced the hand'.

17 minutes ago, spudski said:

He didn't refuse to play for us...'he said to the coaching staff that he would prefer not to'...he didn't plain blank refuse. I'm personally glad he didn't against Scunthorpe in the cup. Knowing our luck, he'd have broken his leg and be worth sod all. Worked out well for everyone. I'm glad he 'forced the hand'.

Splitting hairs really though init. He still didn't want to play for us. As I've said we got a great deal for a decent player who's 27 and still got a lot to learn. 

@steviestevieneville not really fella...because some fans actually believe he point blank refused to play and now have some weird dislike for him.

The whole point of buying and risking money on someone like JK, is to improve them as a player, and get some use out of them, then get a team like villa come in and pay over the odds. It's what we as a Club are now looking to do.

He has no allegiance to us...it was the perfect scenario.

If we had job and got head hunted abroad, and proved our worth and got noticed...and then a Competitor came along ,and offered your company a big payout for your services and a massive wage increase and long contract for yourself, we'd all struggle to give 100% concentration and commitment if the carrot was dangling.

2 hours ago, Super said:

And refused to play for us. 

Didn't want to play and refusing to play is different. Do you honestly think the club wanted him to play against Scunthorpe ?? If so you are naive , easy to make JK the villan but we wouldn't risk him if we knew a £15 million transfer was pending.

39 minutes ago, spudski said:

@steviestevieneville not really fella...because some fans actually believe he point blank refused to play and now have some weird dislike for him.

The whole point of buying and risking money on someone like JK, is to improve them as a player, and get some use out of them, then get a team like villa come in and pay over the odds. It's what we as a Club are now looking to do.

He has no allegiance to us...it was the perfect scenario.

If we had job and got head hunted abroad, and proved our worth and got noticed...and then a Competitor came along ,and offered your company a big payout for your services and a massive wage increase and long contract for yourself, we'd all struggle to give 100% concentration and commitment if the carrot was dangling.

Yeah I totally agree and got no issue with Kodjia. I think it's a very good policy buy the club, players improve us and themselves and hopefully take us where we want to be . I get that and agree with it. LJ did say though he was disappointed with him as he felt he let his team mates down , the same team mates that helped him score twenty goals last season. 

There is no loyalty in football anymore though from clubs or players and I do feel that some fans get too attached to players. 

16 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Possible problems with Johnson?? Never felt like Johnson rated him that highly, or that he fitted in his teams.

Don't look for unnecessary negatives.

He's saying thanks to a manager (and scouts) that took a punt on a player playing in the French second league, he's now infinitely richer and playing at a bigger club directly because of Steve Cotterill. He doesn't really care that Steve nearly got us relegated. Quite rightly he's thanking Steve for giving him that chance.

Let's face it, we sold a very good player.

But did we sell a £15m player for less than he's worth?

I suspect not. The dosh we got is a reflection of the silly money now floating about as parachute payments. 

He'll do well for them. But whether they'd have got a better return from buying three £5m players is uncertain. 

7 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Possible problems with Johnson?? Never felt like Johnson rated him that highly, or that he fitted in his teams.

If JK came here hoping to make a name for himself and get a big move then LJ saying publicly that he was like an uncoached 18 year old surely wouldn't have pleased him. Playing him on the wing too. Wouldn't be a surprise if he was a bit unhappy with how LJ dealt with him.

11 hours ago, spudski said:

In SL's interview he said JK made it "quite clear" he did not want to play, doesn't sound great.

11 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Time to let it go. We got £15m for a player who's decent but not worth that. Let's move on. 

Why would we let go when he could make us £4m? More than we've ever received pre-2016.

9 minutes ago, Griffin said:

In SL's interview he said JK made it "quite clear" he did not want to play, doesn't sound great.

Why would we let go when he could make us £4m? More than we've ever received pre-2016.

Are you going to watch his every move just in case we get some add on's ? We don't even know what the clauses are.

He's not our player now so forget it. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Are you going to watch his every move just in case we get some add on's ? We don't even know what the clauses are.

He's not our player now so forget it. 

Of course I'm not, nor will I be making threads when he scores, but I'm not going to forget about him.

@Griffin those were the words used by SL...LJ's were slightly different. However...as LJ stated...he didn't refuse to play. He just preferred not to. Why would you want to risk injury against Scunthorpe in the Cup? LJ made the right decision putting him on the bench with no intention of bringing him on. Best result all round.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

@Griffin those were the words used by SL...LJ's were slightly different. However...as LJ stated...he didn't refuse to play. He just preferred not to. Why would you want to risk injury against Scunthorpe in the Cup? LJ made the right decision putting him on the bench with no intention of bringing him on. Best result all round.

I agree with the point I was just trying to clear up what was said, didn't realise LJ said something else.

When I was in Spain during the q and a . Question. Will we sell kodjia. Johnsons answer was he's on a strong contract. No intention of selling our best players . But every player has there price . Whilst there kodjia looked very much part of the group. City could end up getting 15m . Well done city . Good luck kodjia. End of

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

When I was in Spain during the q and a . Question. Will we sell kodjia. Johnsons answer was he's on a strong contract. No intention of selling our best players . But every player has there price . Whilst there kodjia looked very much part of the group. City could end up getting 15m . Well done city . Good luck kodjia. End of

Fact .

Archived