IGNORED

Squad photo

Robbored

Taken at AG this afternoon.

We were at the Senior Reds lunch and the squad photo had the Lansdown Stand as the backdrop. Several of us went out onto the VIP area to see it being taken but were told that we were in the shot - it's a wide angle lens apparently so we had to return to our tables.

Senior Reds were in hospitality because the bracket for the new screen was being erected outside of the Heineken. It's looks as if it'll be pretty big.

Lisa Knight was our speaker and confirmed that there will be another large screen between the Dolman and the Atyeo.

Blimey.   Can she talk........:facepalm: 

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We were at the Senior Reds lunch and the squad photo had the Lansdown Stand as the backdrop. Several of us went out onto the VIP area to see it being taken but were told that we were in the shot - it's a wide angle lens apparently so we had to return to our tables.

Senior Reds were in hospitality because the bracket for the new screen was being erected outside of the Heineken. It's looks as if it'll be pretty big.

Lisa Knight was our speaker and confirmed that there will be another large screen between the Dolman and the Atyeo.

Pity you were asked to move imo., I can remember seeing a team photo that was taken before the first match of the season in the 60's with the fans in the Grandstand Enclosure in the background. Really added to the interest.

Hopefully not too many suits and background staff included today.

This ruins modern day squad photos for me, and if they have to have one with so many non playing staff then they should do another with just the players, manager, asst. manager and physio in.

54 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:
27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Pity you were asked to move imo., I can remember seeing a team photo that was taken before the first match of the season in the 60's with the fans in the Grandstand Enclosure in the background. Really added to the interest.

This ruins modern day squad photos for me, and if they have to have one with so many non playing staff then they should do another with just the players, manager, asst. manager and physio in.

Tbh we were a bit surprised that we would have been in the photo. We were across the pitch high up in the Lansdown Stand and a guy - in a suit - asked us to move and explained about the wide camera lens. No-one was remotely bothered.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Blimey. A speaker who can talk...... almost as it it's planned to be like that! 

Tbf she was very good but very talkative but she did say beforehand that she felt more nervous in front of us than she ever did in front of a tv camera.

Spoke about Bristol Sport as you'd expect.

Someone asked her about the muffled PA system and she explained that it's because the speakers in the Dolman are old ones and they aren't designed to handle the new sound system and that causes the muffled sound. It's work in progress but won't be resolved untill the stadium is completed.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wide angle lens? Tomlin definitely turned up then.:yawn:

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure I've seen too many squad photos with non playing staff who weren't the manager, asst manager and physios?! Or do you want our esteemed kit man to miss out?!

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure I've seen too many squad photos with non playing staff who weren't the manager, asst manager and physios?! Or do you want our esteemed kit man to miss out?!

I'm pretty sure we had the club chaplin and the club doctor in before. Also possibly multiple board members at the same time. Didn't we have a groundsman, ticket seller, kitman, painter and decorator included once? On second thoughts, I think that was Terry Cooper.

We've definitely had some weird ones in the past. I remember the Wembley squad photo when Scott Davidson's face was clearly added in to the picture on someone else's body at a later date and then there was the one the following year when the majority of the team were wearing flip flops and trainers.

1 hour ago, Robin Goch said:

We've definitely had some weird ones in the past. I remember the Wembley squad photo when Scott Davidson's face was clearly added in to the picture on someone else's body at a later date and then there was the one the following year when the majority of the team were wearing flip flops and trainers.

The best one appeared in the Evil Post. No one had noticed Scott Murray's hand holding Louis Careys thigh/knee and vice-versa ( or something like that). 

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

The best one appeared in the Evil Post. No one had noticed Scott Murray's hand holding Louis Careys thigh/knee and vice-versa ( or something like that). 

Well I thought that naughty minx Marina was taking the opportunity to fondle the knees of LJ and Pembo! But on closer inspection I see they are all just holding hands :) 

18 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Plus Marina, of course. 

A credit to the club and a very well deserved inclusion.

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not to Knight .

3 hours ago, phantom said:

What the heck is happening in this picture?

Always gutted we never had a decent team shot with the JPT and League trophy

Me too, why ever did that not happen, even with the redevelopment it should have.

i think they are doing the lotto numbers ha ha

On 16/09/2016 at 10:30, phantom said:

Looks like something will be super imposed onto the wide board - maybe something to do with the Football Focus show ?

Are the ones facing those over a certain age maybe?

Well you've got wilbs, O'Neil, Bryan and Smith so its most definitely nothing to do with age

Archived