IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day Thread

havanatopia

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Would be interesting to read Abrahams contract with City. Does it say he has to play for 90 min in a central forward position? Probably. As it would make sence to avoid injuries and put on Engvall

I think this, more than injuries, is why we've seen less of Engvall than we've expected so far this season.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Would be interesting to read Abrahams contract with City. Does it say he has to play for 90 min in a central forward position? Probably. As it would make sence to avoid injuries and put on Engvall

More sense to sub Tomlin who's on a yellow

8 minutes ago, Midred said:

It's frustrating that Fulham and Barnsley go and beat the teams that we've just lost to! Convincingly too.

2 unlucky losses in games we had bad misfortune, didn't play well anyway, yet both teams barely scraped a win.

Edited by Griffin
  • Like 1

League Table

P W D L F A +/- Pts
1 Newcastle United 19 13 1 5 37 16 +21 40
2 Brighton & Hove Albion0-0 19 11 6 2 28 11 +17 39
3 Reading0-5 19 10 4 5 25 24 +1 34
4 Birmingham City0-3 19 8 7 4 24 22 +2 31
5 Sheffield Wednesday2-1 19 9 4 6 22 21 +1 31
6 Norwich City5-0 19 9 3 7 34 30 +4 30
7 Huddersfield Town1-1 19 9 3 7 21 24 -3 30
8 Derby County1-0 19 8 5 6 17 13 +4 29
9 Leeds United 18 9 2 7 21 20 +1 29
10 Fulham5-0 19 7 7 5 30 21 +9 28
11 Bristol City2-0 19 8 3 8 26 22 +4 27
12 Barnsley3-0 19 7 4 8 32 29 +3 25
13 Aston Villa 18 5 10 3 21 18 +3 25
14 Nottingham Forest 19 7 4 8 34 33 +1 25
15 Preston North End1-2 19 7 4 8 24 23 +1 25
16 Ipswich Town0-2 19 6 6 7 17 19 -2 24
17 Queens Park Rangers 19 6 5 8 20 28 -8 23
18 Brentford0-5 19 6 4 9 24 26 -2 22
19 Burton Albion2-1 19 5 7 7 21 25 -4 22
20 Wolverhampton Wanderers 19 5 6 8 21 24 -3 21
21 Blackburn Rovers1-1 19 5 5 9 21 28 -7 20
22 Cardiff City0-0 19 5 4 10 18 30 -12 19
23 Wigan Athletic0-1 19 4 6 9 16 21 -5 18
24 Rotherham United1-2 19 1 4 14 19 45 -26 7

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Anyone else watching McGoldrick today thinking he'd be a decent foil for Tammy? 

Strong, quick (ish), good feet. Looked as good as he could with such poor service. 

For a foward he didnt have get around the pitch, he even won the ball a couple of times at the back. Would have liked to have a seen Engvall get some game time as well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Strong, quick (ish), good feet. Looked as good as he could with such poor service. 

Wasn't there today but I've always liked him as a player, got a reasonable scoring record wherever he's been too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

2-0 at home. The warm comforting hot chocolate of football results. Unspectacular, satisfying and delightful.

Indeed so. A home win and a clean sheet = a very happy face, a brilliant mood and a anything is possible feeling. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

For a foward he didnt have get around the pitch, he even won the ball a couple of times at the back. Would have liked to have a seen Engvall get some game time as well.

Yeah. Pace aside, he reminded me a lot of Wilbs but with better feet. 

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hopefully Freeman is fully fit to start, we've missed him.

2-0 would be a satisfactory scoreline, and one that really shouldn't be beyond us - Ipswich at home are ideal opponents to halt this poor run, a very ordinary and beatable team.

It will be a cause for concern if we fail to do so.

Very impressive comeback game by Freeman. 

Superb goal, some great dribbling and crosses, full of running, and well deserved MOTM.

2-0 home win is satisfactory but Ipswich were very, very poor, probably even worse than expected.

We still had to battle for the badly needed 3 points today and even if it wasn't epic entertainment - bar that goal - the main thing is we got them.

Well done City.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very impressive comeback game by Freeman. 

Superb goal, some great dribbling and crosses, full of running, and well deserved MOTM.

2-0 home win is satisfactory but Ipswich were very, very poor, probably even worse than expected.

We still had to battle for the badly needed 3 points today and even if it wasn't epic entertainment - bar that goal - the main thing is we got them.

Well done City.

Before todays game Ipswich had won 3/4 so not that poor !

43 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Before todays game Ipswich had won 3/4 so not that poor !

Not sure where you got that from.

According to BBC Sport they'd won 2/5 before today's defeat.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I Have said before about going in for him, a very decent striker at this level. Rate him a lot

4 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It's a link given to us ex pats by member Fixit for RB, but he asks us not to spread it around, as he could get into trouble with he's network provider.  What's this Facebook stream?

Its on the group 'Bristol City till i die' people go love on Facebook. It's not great but living in Scunthorpe it's good enough for me 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Funny isnt it. I was talking about him 2nd half saying hes everything i'd NOT want us to sign!!

lots of ball, ran around a bit, did bugger all with it!!

had one season maybe two years ago where he maybe got 15 goals. Its a no from me!!

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I was at the match RR and I haven't a clue what you're on about! :dunno:

Summat over-excited voiceover man was on about. One kid at the game whose mum was called Tammy Abraham was interviewed and mention was also made of John Atyeo from Belgium  (forget whether it's Big John's son or grandson ) who was also at the match.

I bet you were still in the bar! :nono: ;)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Summat over-excited voiceover man was on about. One kid at the game whose mum was called Tammy Abraham was interviewed and mention was also made of John Atyeo from Belgium  (forget whether it's Big John's son or grandson ) who was also at the match.

I bet you were still in the bar! :nono: ;)

Was I in the bar?

I might have been TBH.

Actually, I probably was..

I was in the bar Robbo. :facepalm:

• Like 1