IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

havanatopia

45 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I'll be there. I wish to state now though, that I am not sharing any of my Christmas chocolate with you lot :P 

I blame your disappearance from the match chat on our current form you know...

Boxing Day rugby? Tell the truth. You were in the queue for the Next sale, bagging that discounted handbag with matching shoes... ;)

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

For those not going tonight, some of us will be in the chat room having a moan, talking Yoda and discussing general knowledge.

All welcome.

@Dollymarie @REDOXO @One Team In Keynsham @BoonerNC @Aizoon @Southport Red@leadman

Fine. I'll come in and kick you out as I'm not invited! :P

• Like 1

Mist, fog or haze.. all astonishingly complicated and the following is about as clear as mud to me... make your own mind up cos its like predicting tonights result.

Mist and fog are often used interchangeably - and they are closely related - but there is a key difference which depends on how far you can see through them.

We call this visibility and its an important part of forecasts affecting many aspects of life from driving conditions to shipping and aviation.

Fog 

In our meteorological glossary fog is defined as 'Obscurity in the surface layers of the atmosphere, which is caused by a suspension of water droplets'.

Walker in fog

By international agreement (particularly for aviation purposes) fog is the name given to resulting visibility less than 1 km, however the term in forecasts for the public generally relates to visibility less than 180 m.

Mist

Mist is defined as 'when there is such obscurity and the associated visibility is equal to or exceeds 1000 m'. Like fog, mist is still the result of the suspension of water droplets, but simply at a lower density.

Mist over Kilchurn Castle, Scotland. Photo: maxnfang

Mist typically is quicker to dissipate and can rapidly disappear with even slight winds, its also what you see when you can see your breath on a cold day.

Haze

A third term you might also hear mentioned is haze. This is a slightly different phenomenon which is a suspension of extremely small, dry particles in the air (not water droplets) which are invisible to the naked eye, but sufficient to give the air an opalescent appearance.

Personally I like the haze the most and I normally associate it with warm weather and the other two cold; just my take on it mind.

• Like 1

4 4 2 ! 

That'll show the sophisticats that ' old fashioned ' is necessarily a bad thing .

( unless we lose if course, then everyone will accuse LJ of ' tinkering ' again) 

One last hearty performance please lads . 

Nothing but a win .

A draw if you really must .

Lose and you are off my Christmas card list for next year .

You have been warned BCFC.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

4 4 2 ! 

That'll show the sophisticats that ' old fashioned ' is necessarily a bad thing .

( unless we lose if course, then everyone will accuse LJ of ' tinkering ' again) 

One last hearty performance please lads . 

Nothing but a win .

A draw if you really must .

are off my ChristmaLose and you s card list for next year .

You have been warned BCFC.

Have you tweeted that to LJ just so he is fully aware of how serious the situation could become?

I think the key for us tonight now that we are playing two up top is to get Tammy getting in behind their CBs - no good playing two and them both playing back to goal. Wilbs to run himself into the ground for 60-65 minutes. 

Glad Golbourne back at LB. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the key for us tonight now that we are playing two up top is to get Tammy getting in behind their CBs - no good playing two and them both playing back to goal. Wilbs to run himself into the ground for 60-65 minutes. 

Couldn't agree more . COYR

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can't see there being too much room in behind there defence, as centrally they are very slow. I think they will defend really deep.

Good to see Golbourne and Brownhill in the line up. Brownhill has been almost criminally underused imo., partly because  LJ seems to vastly over rate the contribution of Bobby Reid and has made him one of the few near fixtures in his often failing line ups. 

BR can be a very useful sub. though as we'll no doubt see later on.

Ipswich are supposedly in some internal disarray, not a happy place with the fans ready to turn on McCarthy.

We saw what a poor outfit Ipswich are the other week and, despite having Pitman back from injury, they're surely there for the taking again tonight if LJ sends the City team out suitably pumped up.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Think you are mist !

Well there were 7 Bishop's Fingers to hand! I mean, come on. On top of my usual four bottles of Gem, I had to thin that down a bit. Far too many fingers. Made me feel a bit "gash". :shocking:

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Might go for a fag. Or out for a pint. Or both.

Not sure the radio commentary is going to keep me amused, so I fully expect OTIB to provide me with a detailed and considered view of the action with no over reactions if we concede.

The very thought of this being even the most remote possibility has almost brought me to tears.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What did you order? We need details of all the dishes and the name of the place you got it from.

Prepare to be judged.

Might not be a dish. Could be anything from centuries of culture or history. Albeit, that said, "Chinese" pretty much reduces centuries of civilisation to a plate of sweet and sour.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What did you order? We need details of all the dishes and the name of the place you got it from.

Prepare to be judged.

I live up in Scunthorpe but got it from a place called Jades Pavilion 3.9 stars on Google. I went for Chicken Chow Mien, Egg Fried Rice, Curry Source and some chips 

• Like 1