IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

havanatopia

3 minutes ago, willitonciderhead said:

We have just got to hold our nerve, as do the players, and wait and see what happens in the transfer window. Can see know point in a change of management to be honest. Start of the season we looked good, past 8 weeks we have been hit and miss, with more misses than hits in more ways than one.

A few additions and lets see what happens!

COYR

I really don't think that at this level, Lee has the ability to get the best out of players and also work out a shape that is appropriate against different teams.

He would be better off in a lower division.......the championship is a massive leap up from div 1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I don't disagree but who signed him on top wages? 

Agreed...it's the one thing I don't like...the team being made to fit around Tomlin.

But I don't blame LJ...Tomlin is a class act when playing well...you can't blame a manager for the inconsistencies of players like Tomlin.

It's all so easy to blame the manager for everything..... perhaps people should be directing their frustrations at certain players instead when on the field.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Positive = Tammy seems to have found a bit of form again

We were giving it a go

Brownhill seems busy  .

Négatives = Not quite good enough ...

Damn you Lady Luck .

Happy frocking New Year .

Losing 8 out of 9 games has nothing to do with luck.

• Like 2

Terrible, awful run of form but you surely can't sack him. We're 17th in a league where we should probably be about 17th. When this form turns around we'll comfortably end up mid-table which will be a sound achievement.

People need to stay away from the panic button. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Terrible, awful run of form but you surely can't sack him. We're 17th in a league where we should probably be about 17th. When this form turns around we'll comfortably end up mid-table which will be a sound achievement.

Thing is where can you see the next win coming from

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Positive = Tammy seems to have found a bit of form again

We were giving it a go

Brownhill seems busy  .

Négatives = Not quite good enough ...

Damn you Lady Luck .

Happy frocking New Year .

Sounded like we had all the luck going tonight tbh.

They could easily have had 5.

• Like 1

When's it turning round,what if it doesn't?

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Agreed...it's the one thing I don't like...the team being made to fit around Tomlin.

But I don't blame LJ...Tomlin is a class act when playing well...you can't blame a manager for the inconsistencies of players like Tomlin.

It's all so easy to blame the manager for everything..... perhaps people should be directing their frustrations at certain players instead when on the field.

Personally I blame them both Spud

LJ for constant tinkering and fiddling with selections and looking like he's losing respect of players

LT and anyone else who reacts in an unprofessional manner

• Like 3

In one of those runs where it is difficult to see where the next point is coming from. Not expecting this season to be pushing at the top really, but equally not in a relegation battle. We seem to be getting worse, and no real idea what our best eleven is.

Compared to teams like Barnsley and Preston, we have spent some dosh. Just so depressing. 

• Like 1

Well... shit.

Glad I can drink tonight.

I said before I felt we needed to get a minimum of two points from tonight and Monday to avoid getting dragged into the relegation scrap; have to do it the hard way now by beating Reading.

Five losses in a row is never good, regardless of circumstance, and if we can't get anything off teams directly next to us in the table a la Wolves and Ipswich, then you have to wonder where our nex points are coming from...

I'm outta here until Monday; Happy New Year all!

I've been patient and haven't been calling for LJ's head but enough now . Is there a single club in any division that would retain a manager who has a 90% defeat record over a 2 1/2 month period dropping the team from a play off position to a near relegation position ? Sadly, he has to go !!!! 

Edited by Baldyman
Grammar

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Not being funny Stanley but why do you think we will turn this around ?

Based on ?

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Sack him.... Absolute garbage!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Why should we be 17th??? Look at Huddersfield and reading are they individually better than us???? No, they have managers who have got them exceptionally well drilled. 

There is no excuse for being below the likes of Barnsley Ipswich etc....poor poor management by someone looking well out of their depth.

I've said we have a manager who is Theory has the right ideas about football going forward and how a club should be run, but Johnson as a manager is out of his depth and not good enough. Mark Ashton isn't a problem and with a good manager with experience will flourish.

4 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

At the moment Lady Luck is not in our favour. The light at the end of the tunnel is still bright. Will be interesting who players centre back on Monday aside Flint. Let's keep the faith after we are Bristol city fans and we always believe COYR 

Losing 8 out of 9 is not bad luck.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not being funny Stanley but why do you think we will turn this around ?

Based on ?

Well for one if Mags hadn't been injured just now I think we would've most likely drew or even won, I think the fact we are gonna get additions in January will help. I think the class in this team is too much for us to lose every single championship game from now on.

Lastly I think it will take Wigan and Blackburn 6 games to catch us up and theres no way we are gonna lose the next 6

• Like 2

If you compare this seasons results with last seasons results, we are now doing worse than last season. We have 8 more home points and 9 less away points.

The last five games we accumulated 4 points, the comparable games this season we have gained none.

With our stronger squad, I cannot believe this.

4 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I've said we have a manager who is Theory has the right ideas about football going forward and how a club should be run, but Johnson as a manager is out of his depth and not good enough. Mark Ashton isn't a problem and with a good manager with experience will flourish.

Thanks Mark, but what about the DNA?

Well for one if Mags hadn't been injured just now I think we would've most likely drew or even won, I think the fact we are gonna get additions in January will help. I think the class in this team is too much for us to lose every single championship game from now on.

Lastly I think it will take Wigan and Blackburn 6 games to catch us up and theres no way we are gonna lose the next 6

Wish I could agree but sadly see nothing but relegation

Just looking at our away form.... that's 1 point in the last 7 away from AG. That for me sums us up - soft, weak, lacking leadership and nous. 

I wouldn't want a change at the helm just yet but if we lose these next 3 at home it's hard to see how he can carry on. 

10 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Why should we be 17th??? Look at Huddersfield and reading are they individually better than us???? No, they have managers who have got them exceptionally well drilled. 

There is no excuse for being below the likes of Barnsley Ipswich etc....poor poor management by someone looking well out of their depth.

They're both miles ahead of us. I think we should be higher up the table but the fact is if we had won we would be 14th and that would be a sound finish in the eyes of most fans. We won't get anywhere close to the relegation zone and with the new additions in January we will be fine.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

You reckon?

Made me laugh 

Well...the wheels haven't been fully on the wagon since the international break and our win against Forest. 

Hard to understand how things can have gone so wrong since then. 

Fine margins and all that...but we're not competing effectively, which is a recipe for disaster.

I can't say I am a happy bunny, BUT, it is what it is, we have to hold our nerve because in my opinion at this time of the season I can't see who we would get in to manage the team who would be in the mould of say Steve Bruce. 

However I'm all ears if anybody would like to throw a name into the hat, and no, Neil Warnock is also taken :laugh:.

I'm on the fence until Feb 1st!

bet you thought that 5 matches ago...