IGNORED

Home Form And Lower Position Clubs

BCFChris

Just been looking at the stats page on http://fs-stats.football365.com. The two stats that stand out are our home form and the results against the bottom half of the table.

Our home form this season has been poor compared to previous seasons. Where Ashton Gate was once a fortress, teams are now turning up and gaining points. Personally I think this has been down to Danny being way to cautious. If his statement on BCFC World is to be believed, this hopefully will change.

The results against the bottom half of the table is also a tad strange. I have always been of the belief that City seem to struggle with the lesser teams. Is this down to the players believing that they are more superior than the opposition, so will therefore win with minimal effort?

The last two game have been great, but it does worry me that the two stats where you would expect to be near the top are not making good reading!

I honestly believe though that we will be promoted this season, as we are more than capable of beating any team in this division on our day. 10 points from the top 5 teams in the first half of the season speaks volumes!

Although there is some truth in what you say, there is also am element of clubs raising their game when playing on a bigger stage.

This applies to a certain degree to teams visiting AG but is even more apparent when taken in the context of Sheffield Wednesday who have drawn 5 games at home so far. They have won only 2 at home and 4 away.

Teams lower in the league will often come to AG wth a siege mentality and put 10 men behind the ball trying to nick a point.

Untill recently City didn`t have the creativity in midfield to break down these sides with Burnell and Docherty doing nothing in the final third of the pitch,but since Wilson has added wide pace and put Tinnion/Wilkshire into midfield City have more options to break down defensive sides.Thats why City sometimes struggle against lower placed sides.

When promotion rivals come to AG they don't always sit back.I remember Holloway taking everyone by suprise a while back and playing 3 strikers at AG and going back with all the points.

That said - its suits City when away teams come onto at them AG now that Wilson has put some pace back into the side with Amankwaah,Brown and Roberts.There will always be space for them to attack.

as someone has already said we get dragged down to the lower clubs play and we dont play our own football for better teams our game improves i think that is the case for many teams

we should TRY and play our own game week in and week out well lets just hope

Archived