IGNORED

Tomlin

Red Army 75

Then when he went off it was a front 3 and 7 defenders. I didn't expect to whack Fleetwood but that was truly awful. They sat back and defended well. Good organisation but they did commit bodies forward when they could. They could've and should've been broken down by our quality. Not even close. 

3 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Promised a lot achieved very little. 

Bang on. Slowed so many moves up. He's was basically Freeman before the Ipswich goal today. Our best performances with LT in the team is with him behind a loan striker and hard working midfielders and wingers behind him. If we aren't playing a lone striker anymore LT needs to sit out or go. Not good enough this year. I don't care about his price, wages, spell last season or inevitable talent. He's wasting it all this year. 

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Has the ball on the right after a corner is cleared, we have flint, Jens, tammy and Djuric all in there. He doesn't cross it, he runs with the ball until he inevitably loses it. One of many infuriating examples of him trying to be too clever. Cant see how he had anything but a bad game today. 

10 defenders sat behind the ball . At least he tried running at them and trying something different. Instead of going side to side to side to side . 

I really liked the time he came back to CB position to collect the ball, and the time he came back to Lb position to collect the ball, and the time he came back to the RB position to collect the ball.... etc etc our creative player coming so deep to get the ball, or receiving it with a wall of players in front of him.... I feel sorry for Tomlin, if we can;t play to his strengths then do us, him and team a favour and drop him.

Bet Bournemouth couldn't believe their luck when we paid £3 million for him. Ridiculously unfit but he's been like that his whole career so is not going to change now. He played like an ex-pro in a charity game. Couple of nice touches but he can't run. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

IMO the only player who was going to make something happen. Then he takes him off . Strange one that. Unless he was injured 

He was ******* terrible, just not interested and as for tracking back he's a waste of space. Their keeper was passing straight through our midfield along the ground first half, Tomlin was supposed to be playing in the hole so he should be dropping to cut that off but he was starring at his boots, not interested. When he did have the ball it was blind passes or too many touches. If it wasn't for the injuries i would of taken him off half time. ******* waste of space.

45 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I really liked the time he came back to CB position to collect the ball, and the time he came back to Lb position to collect the ball, and the time he came back to the RB position to collect the ball.... etc etc our creative player coming so deep to get the ball, or receiving it with a wall of players in front of him.... I feel sorry for Tomlin, if we can;t play to his strengths then do us, him and team a favour and drop him.

When he came back to left back to get the ball he was telling Joe and Wright to push on down the flank ,our shape was all over the place. I genuinly hate to say this as i am a fan of tomo but he'd be on the bench at best for me until he gets his head out of his ass

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He was ******* terrible, just not interested and as for tracking back he's a waste of space. Their keeper was passing straight through our midfield along the ground first half, Tomlin was supposed to be playing in the hole so he should be dropping to cut that off but he was starring at his boots, not interested. When he did have the ball it was blind passes or too many touches. If it wasn't for the injuries i would of taken him off half time. ******* waste of space.

******* terrible. Chatting shit

Thought he started well but just drifts deeper and deeper and becomes a passenger.  He was in the ideal position today but is so frustrating as lots of skill but over elaborates and loses ball.  That said is he better than Reid,Paterson or Freeman then of course he is but needs to stop living off last season and start to deliver as he's massively under achieving

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

******* terrible. Chatting shit

You obviously saw what you wanted to see he's, a liability at times. There's more to the game that flicks and tricks that don't come off, try closing the ball down at times and not letting the opposition walk past you without putting a challenge in . He wants a ******* ball to himself at times.

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You obviously saw what you wanted to see he's, a liability at times. There's more to the game that flicks and tricks that don't come off, try closing the ball down at times and not letting the opposition walk past you without putting a challenge in . He wants a ******* ball to himself at times.

I see what I see mate . IMO he was the only player who could break them down . Game of opinions and I respect yours. I can see you're point 

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I see what I see mate . IMO he was the only player who could break them down . Game of opinions and I respect yours. I can see you're point 

And i yours, and believe it or not i really like Tomlin. Why he can't make a simple pass that would open teams up instead of taking too many touches and trying to nutmeg everyone then losing the ball and not tracking back makes me want to pull my hair out because he's a better player than he's showing at the moment.

Not terrible, not brilliant.

Didn't run his legs off, he's never going to do that but also he wasn't useless and did try by his standards, Tomlin is not a work horse and unless he scores or assists the assessment of his performance is always going to divide opinion as the above proves.

He's frustrating but can be brilliant and that will always be the case... 

Magicdaps

1 hour ago, aa_bcfc said:

Promised a lot achieved very little. 

True, but the same could be said of most of the City team. The Fleetwood goalkeeper was redundant for most of the match 

Think all of you are right based on his performance today.  Some nice stuff, some over-elaborate stuff that didn't come off.  I was going to post about Freeman's endless running, but in fairness they are very different players.  In the first half, why were our two central midfielders sat on our 3 CB's toes.  It left an effin big gap that Tomlin was going to knacker himself trying to cover, and in many ways I blame Korey and Josh for allowing that, and in some ways Flint and Wright for not telling them to eff off and get 15 yards further up the field.  Korey and Josh allowed themselves to pushed onto our CBs- then a simple bit of rotational movement allowed a Fleetwood midfielder to get free and pick up a pass from their keeper.  Had they played 15 yards further forward, what would Fleetwood players have done/  stayed where they are and hope to win a header against our back three, which if they lost, would've meant acres for Korey and Josh?  No - they would've retreated and we'd have had a more joined up front 7.

Second half was better, but Tomlin had used a lot more energy by then.

So `Tomlin, good and bad, but not all his fault.  Korey is struggling, and now injured, and drags us deep because he knows he isn't the Korey of old.  Love him, but until he really is 100% he probably doesn't deserve a place.

352 (3412) is great when you've got pace and play high tempo.  Play 352 at that tempo against Colin's Cardiff next Saturday and we won't be going home with anything. 

He got more ragged and sloppy as the game went on and things did not go our way, almost mirroring his season as a whole. He was trying, though. 

It's LJ's job to get something out of this gifted but flawed player.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think all of you are right based on his performance today.  Some nice stuff, some over-elaborate stuff that didn't come off.  I was going to post about Freeman's endless running, but in fairness they are very different players.  In the first half, why were our two central midfielders sat on our 3 CB's toes.  It left an effin big gap that Tomlin was going to knacker himself trying to cover, and in many ways I blame Korey and Josh for allowing that, and in some ways Flint and Wright for not telling them to eff off and get 15 yards further up the field.  Korey and Josh allowed themselves to pushed onto our CBs- then a simple bit of rotational movement allowed a Fleetwood midfielder to get free and pick up a pass from their keeper.  Had they played 15 yards further forward, what would Fleetwood players have done/  stayed where they are and hope to win a header against our back three, which if they lost, would've meant acres for Korey and Josh?  No - they would've retreated and we'd have had a more joined up front 7.

So `Tomlin, good and bad, but not all his fault.  Korey is struggling, and now injured, and drags us deep because he knows he isn't the Korey of old.  Love him, but until he really is 100% he probably doesn't deserve a place.

352 (3412) is great when you've got pace and play high tempo.  Play 352 at that tempo against Colin's Cardiff next Saturday and we won't be going home with anything. 

Yeah we were saying the same, if he plays with our midfield that exposed against Cardiff we'll get thumped.

40 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

He was the only player going to create something.  When did bryan or little or korey or pack look like creating something.  I'll tell you NEVER!!

Agree with Bryan and Smith - both truly awful and should not be near the team.

Little though relished trying to attack the by-line and gets a 10 for effort for me - he looked like he knows how to play wing-back - Joey was scared to cross the half-way line !!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Looked to me like Lee had a good Christmas!!!

Ha Ha i defiantly thought has had a couple extra mince pies. But that being said just a thought but does anyone think it ain't so much Tomlin being poor but other players not being on his level.  Its kind of sticking Messi in the Stoke team ha ha

2 hours ago, SuperRed said:

Bet Bournemouth couldn't believe their luck when we paid £3 million for him. Ridiculously unfit but he's been like that his whole career so is not going to change now. He played like an ex-pro in a charity game. Couple of nice touches but he can't run. 

I'd like to see you outrun him that time he sprinted with the ball through their entire half before getting a shot off!

It just isn't true that Tomlin is unfit. He's stocky, not flabby, and while he's not a 'run around for 90 minutes player', like JET he can run when he wants to.

It wasn't Lee's finest 90 minutes today and I agree he is part of the problem in slowing us down at times - largely because team mates are always looking to pass to him wherever he is. He made a few duff passes and tried to be a bit too clever on occasions. The rest of the side still aren't quite on his wavelength. 

That said, who else in our squad can produce moments like when he was tussling with two defenders, turned 90 degrees and backheeled Tammy clean through (shame TA was offside!)

I don't object to him coming off, but for me the most tired looking player on the pitch at that stage was the generally excellent Brownhill, who i'd have swapped for a forward-running Freeman.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'd like to see you outrun him that time he sprinted with the ball through their entire half before getting a shot off!

It just isn't true that Tomlin is unfit. He's stocky, not flabby, and while he's not a 'run around for 90 minutes player', like JET he can run when he wants to.

It wasn't Lee's finest 90 minutes today and I agree he is part of the problem in slowing us down at times - largely because team mates are always looking to pass to him wherever he is. He made a few duff passes and tried to be a bit too clever on occasions. The rest of the side still aren't quite on his wavelength. 

That said, who else in our squad can produce moments like when he was tussling with two defenders, turned 90 degrees and backheeled Tammy clean through (shame TA was offside!)

I don't object to him coming off, but for me the most tired looking player on the pitch at that stage was the generally excellent Brownhill, who i'd have swapped for a forward-running Freeman.

Are you referring to the one run he made in the first half after which he looked fcuked. Numerous times during the game he went hiding so he could get a breather. He's unfit and not producing enough for the rest of the team to compensate for his lack of work rate. There's a reason nobody else came in for him this summer. 

9 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Are you referring to the one run he made in the first half after which he looked fcuked. Numerous times during the game he went hiding so he could get a breather. He's unfit and not producing enough for the rest of the team to compensate for his lack of work rate. There's a reason nobody else came in for him this summer. 

Cobblers. 

It's a myth, like JET being "unfit" and Pitman being "unfit".  You are confusing a guy whose major role is to place the ball with great precision with a Bobby "I run for 90 minutes" Reid style player.

Presumably Shaun Goater was "unfit" too, as he only ran when he had to, but boy did he time those runs.

Lee didn't have his best game today, but fitness was nothing to do with it.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Cobblers. 

It's a myth, like JET being "unfit" and Pitman being "unfit".  You are confusing a guy whose major role is to place the ball with great precision with a Bobby "I run for 90 minutes" Reid style player.

Presumably Shaun Goater was "unfit" too, as he only ran when he had to, but boy did he time those runs.

Yup, and even then he had a couple of almost moments his run and shot in the first half........ probably one of our best moves in the game... and it was all one man.

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Cobblers. 

Haha a myth. He made a couple of runs, did a few neat flicks, but it was like watching a wasted talent playing Sunday league. He's never going to be an athlete but I imagine he'll look back on his career in the future and wish he'd got himself as fit as he could have. 

1 minute ago, SuperRed said:

Haha a myth. He made a couple of runs, did a few neat flicks, but it was like watching a wasted talent playing Sunday league. He's never going to be an athlete but I imagine he'll look back on his career in the future and wish he'd got himself as fit as he could have. 

If running for 90 minutes is all it takes to be a footballer then Junior Bent and Ivan Sproule would be club legends....   :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Tammy wasn't offside, unfortunately the 'lino' got it wrong.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tammy wasn't offside, unfortunately the 'lino' got it wrong.

He made a couple of shocking offside decisions in the 2nd half giving offside against us... yet in the first half he ignored Fleetwood twice when they were a good 5-10 yards offside... very strange inconsistency.

14 minutes ago, Fiale said:

He made a couple of shocking offside decisions in the 2nd half giving offside against us... yet in the first half he ignored Fleetwood twice when they were a good 5-10 yards offside... very strange inconsistency.

Very true.  Ref was decent though.

14 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Thought he started well but just drifts deeper and deeper and becomes a passenger.  He was in the ideal position today but is so frustrating as lots of skill but over elaborates and loses ball.  That said is he better than Reid,Paterson or Freeman then of course he is but needs to stop living off last season and start to deliver as he's massively under achieving

This. When you take account of ability or opposition, the person on this thread who said he was our worst player was probably right. I know everyone wants to defend his endeavour, but a couple of brilliant runs with once again absolutely zero end product and hastening the deterioration of our shape every game.

Archived