IGNORED

Forest game will shape our season

reddogkev

It is obvious to state, but this is a big, big game, and I really feel this is the momentum changer.  This is the game we absolutely have to hammer home with a win.

Forest are in a state of shambles, and with our new signings, plus the hard-fought win against a very good League One side, we are on the cusp of turning things around.

I note that Forest are also selling Lansbury to Villa, which will leave them significantly weakened.

This feels like the game where everything changes for us again, and we can restore our confidence. 

The fact is, we will finish a lot higher in the league with the squad we now have, and it's not too late to still crash the top ten places.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

It is obvious to state, but this is a big, big game, and I really feel this is the momentum changer.  This is the game we absolutely have to hammer home with a win.

Forest are in a state of shambles, and with our new signings, plus the hard-fought win against a very good League One side, we are on the cusp of turning things around.

I note that Forest are also selling Lansbury to Villa, which will leave them significantly weakened.

This feels like the game where everything changes for us again, and we can restore our confidence. 

The fact is, we will finish a lot higher in the league with the squad we now have, and it's not too late to still crash the top ten places.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Yes you could be right

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

I hope so.  It's utterly vital that we win.  Two wins in a row and we have a momentum.  Another defeat and we are back to square one.

Besides, I've shelled out sixty odd quid today on a match and train ticket so we'd better bloody well turn in a performance!

3 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes you could be right

I hope so.  I'm also expecting to be called far too optimistic - for even musing about the top ten - which I will openly accept after our recent shocking run.

But I've put our terrible form firmly in the past, and feel we absolutely have to start performing better.

We now have a formidable squad.  We also need to start enjoying having one of England's finest prospects playing in a City shirt.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I hope so.  It's utterly vital that we win.  Two wins in a row and we have a momentum.  Another defeat and we are back to square one.

Besides, I've shelled out sixty odd quid today on a match and train ticket so we'd better bloody well turn in a performance!

You've done what I'm thinking about doing.  I hate parting with money, but I am 95% convinced about going on Saturday.  Will we have over 3K?

16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

A Forest fan friend of mine pointed out from their Forum that although the fans are distraught with what is going on with Forest, they do fancy their team to beat us or at least draw.

It was also pointed out that Lansbury was set to play tomorrow? Has something changed on that?

I have to admit that the business done thus far has given me a more positive outlook on our current predicament. Given the run of games we have coming up, 3 points on Saturday would be massive another 3 points against Rotherham as well and it all looks a lot better.

9 minutes ago, supercidered said:

A Forest fan friend of mine pointed out from their Forum that although the fans are distraught with what is going on with Forest, they do fancy their team to beat us or at least draw.

It was also pointed out that Lansbury was set to play tomorrow? Has something changed on that?

I have to admit that the business done thus far has given me a more positive outlook on our current predicament. Given the run of games we have coming up, 3 points on Saturday would be massive another 3 points against Rotherham as well and it all looks a lot better.

From the outside, we've lost seven in a row so I'm sure any club fancies their chances.  Hopefully we can spring a surprise...

25 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I hope so.  I'm also expecting to be called far too optimistic - for even musing about the top ten - which I will openly accept after our recent shocking run.

But I've put our terrible form firmly in the past, and feel we absolutely have to start performing better.

We now have a formidable squad.  We also need to start enjoying having one of England's finest prospects playing in a City shirt.

I agree with you, Kev. It's our chance to pull out of the tail spin.

Although Johnson gets loads of sagging for saying we are not too far away from being a really good side,  he's right in my opinion.

Hopefully the cup win can instill some confidence over the 90 minutes of the game. A game which I reckon is the most important of LJ's career. 

If we lose then I reckon it won't just be Forest fans protesting at their club.

31 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Yes! Lansbury having medical at Villa today!!

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

all we need now is for them to be manager less Saturday, we don't want any new manager bounce

Apparently, and this from a Forest fan.

Gary Brazil and Jack Lester from the Academy will be looking after 1st team on Saturday. The feeling is that this will remain the case until a take over is completed. If it ever does! 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

You've done what I'm thinking about doing.  I hate parting with money, but I am 95% convinced about going on Saturday.  Will we have over 3K?

Not a chance, think we will narrowly break 1000 if that.

Your posts are how I imagine Uncle Bryn from Gavin and Stacey would write on a football forum :P

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not a chance, think we will narrowly break 1000 if that.

Your posts are how I imagine Uncle Bryn from Gavin and Stacey would write on a football forum :P

I definitely reckon we'll get more than 2k, especially if the folk like myself are going.

Alas, I've never seen an episode of Gavin and Stacey, so have no way of verifying or disputing this Uncle Bryn claim!!

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Wasn't Cardiff also a pivotal game?

if Flint can stay tighter on his man when the ball is on the ground and we keep the same mid field as Fleetwood game we could be OK

If...... we win on Saturday please please please keep the same team for 5 or 6 games and make those on the bench know they have excel when brought on to make the starting 11

Always a big game for me as half my family are Forest and unfortunately for me i will be sat with my cousin with the home fans :( as he sits with me at the Gate when we're home.

Forest are in a mess and close to selling their best player and i truly believe we will go there, play well and get the 3 points!

You reds!

4 hours ago, supercidered said:

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

From the outside, we've lost seven in a row so I'm sure any club fancies their chances.  Hopefully we can spring a surprise...

Interesting view from Forest. Since coming back up into the Championship, we have played them 3 times, winning all three. It's actually four straight wins, or 5 wins in 6, going back far enough to our previous Championship spell. As Forest have declined, we have enjoyed playing them. Yet they cannot shake off the view that it's "only Bristol City." I suppose our current form contributes to this, but we can only hope the Forest team are as complacent.

4 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Wasn't Cardiff also a pivotal game?

if Flint can stay tighter on his man when the ball is on the ground and we keep the same mid field as Fleetwood game we could be OK

If...... we win on Saturday please please please keep the same team for 5 or 6 games and make those on the bench know they have excel when brought on to make the starting 11

Indeed Cardiff was a pivotal game.... until we lost it.  Now this game is infinitely bigger in every way, shape, and form!

Now, I don't know if you're directing your last line at me, but just on the rare chance you are, I am not actually in charge of City (damn shame though, if you ask me).

11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I definitely reckon we'll get more than 2k, especially if the folk like myself are going.

Alas, I've never seen an episode of Gavin and Stacey, so have no way of verifying or disputing this Uncle Bryn claim!!

We've sold 600 in advance 

We will be lucky to top a 1000 

Archived