IGNORED

The Official Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day Thread

havanatopia

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I'd be pleased if he was in form but he hasn't been great which is my main concern. I agree that his experience will definitely help, especially against an experienced (although currently not very good) Forest team.

Cant disagree, but just hope that he plays well today.  It has been concerning how many injuries he has picked up this year, so think Pack or Brownhill will be in there in his place more often than not going forward.

But for today; just hope him and Hegeler keep Forest out, and give a good launch pad for the lads up top.

Edited by samo II

20 minutes ago, samo II said:

Yeah; odd one.

But can see the logic; with Tomlin, Pack and Brownhill on the bench looks like we've gone for more options to prop up the midfield if we get leggy, and that isn't a bad call.

Wilbs is that bit of experience, and I could see Tomlin deployed up top if we needed to keep the shape but replace a forward.

Just happy at that midfield, and the fact there are no changes apart from Tammy (which is a no brainier).

Hope Engvall is back next weekend and gets a crack at Burnley, even if off the bench.

WOW that's prophetic as that's pretty much word what LJ just said on the radio

23 minutes ago, cynic said:

Seems a good team selection - brave to play Geifer so soon.

So - anyone disagree with the line up or will we be treated to a gurt big dollop of hindsight if we lose/are losing ?

I have the same concerns I have ever since we went up. Making wing backs work in this league, for us. We get knackered, score goals, but conceed more.

Given were we are now, very happy with this side, and fingers crossed we do the business today. Need to nulify any of their wide players, until the final whistle.

" What a surprise, no summer signings and even without lans it looks a stronger team. Don't really like Mance in dm but needs must I suppose. Also not a fan of Mills but the fact we have Worral on the bench plus Mance in MF proves how ridiculous bringing two new cb in this summer was. You have to wonder if PM hadn't had 6 options at cb each game would he have created a more consistent defence.. "

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Tomlin should be playing and I would have Brownhill ahead of Little any day of the week 

Disagree.  Little has been the most improved in recent weeks. Found the form that skeptics like me never suspected he possessed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If it was Mags who gets injured we can just bring Scott on and go to a flat back four and keep Jens in midfield where we want him though.

Why have Golbourne when Bryan can go LB then? 

Anyway it's how it is now can't change it unfortunately 

5 hours ago, glynriley said:

Don't think he did.

You sure you're not thinking of Nigel Spink for Villa, came on to replace Jimmy Rimmer?

Just seeing who was awake , :whistle2:

of course Spink .

Woods was the League cup final against Liverpool where he kept a clean sheet .

Just eighteen at the time , still says quite a lot about Clough's man management.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I'd be pleased if he was in form but he hasn't been great which is my main concern. I agree that his experience will definitely help, especially against an experienced (although currently not very good) Forest team.

zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz

Why the zzz zzz zzz then?

41 minutes ago, cynic said:

Seems a good team selection - brave to play Geifer so soon.

So - anyone disagree with the line up or will we be treated to a gurt big dollop of hindsight if we lose/are losing ?

Heinz Zite is signing next week from Racing Zertentee. Didn't you get the memo?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Don't see it myself. Poor player with limited ability. Nice guy though so hope he proves me wrong. 

On top of anything else, has Brownhill ever played Rwb? People keep suggesting it but is that based on him having done it before or an "let's put Ayling in midfield and see what happens?" type thing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I'd hope he was unhappy. It's how he responds that matters.

Well if continually dropped for Paterson and even O'Dowda I'd imagine he would respond by a tfr request.

Reid totally out of favour now or is he injured ? No Engvall, apparently it's "his turn / time to sit it out" because he got some minutes against Fleetwood.... 

Oh well......... lets hope we win today, feel really nervous.. It might be still mid season, but this feels like a 6 pointer already.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Any early updates? 

KICK-OFF: Abraham gets us under way at the City Ground. #BristolCity in their gold and navy away colours this afternoon. #FORvBRC #COYR

2 - #BristolCity have an early throw-in deep inside the Forest half. Magnusson launches it into the area and Mills heads away. 0-0. #FORvBRC

3 - O'Neil floats a free kick into Djruic, who flicks it into Abraham's path, but Henderson is quick off his line to collect. 0-0. #FORvBRC

More: https://twitter.com/bcfctweets

Edited by Griffin
  • Like 2

A 3-4-1-2 that can become a 3-4-3 with Paterson moving on the right side of the attacking front, or a 4-3-1-2 with Bryan or Little moving back in difence: tactically, it's a choice that make sense to me.

The disadvantages are the use of al three CB at the same time, and less opportunities in midfield for some players(ex: Reid and Smith, because on the bench there are already two midfielders as substitutes).

Anyway...COYR! :fingerscrossed:

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1