IGNORED

Help Needed

Guest Harry May

Guest Harry May

In the local paper tonight ( The Chepstow and Caldicot Free Press ) they have an article about Llanwern who play in Welsh League Division 1 .

They go onto say their manager is Kevin Russell who is " a former Bristol City player ".

Now I know we had a Jock Russell who played for us in the 1890s and also Alec Russell who played for us after WW2 , but I am sure I can't remember Kevin Russell . Does anybody remember him ? Red Un - you are needed !

Caldicot Red.

Guest pogue mahone

i remember a kevin russell around the 1990 mark, but he used to play for wrexham (among others) not us. scored bucketloads in the lower divisions.

According to my various reference books and websites which are a fair few. The only such player is the"rooster" who is the Kevin Russell who played for Wrexham.

There is no such registered non league player and my usually reliable memory(when it comes to obscure city players at least) says not. Would guess it is a mistake or just another one of many thousands who have "had trials" with or the like.

I used to deliver the Bristol Journal (free newspaper) many years ago and got bitten by a Jack Russell.

Cheers

Guest Harry May

Brizzle Journal - now that was a quality free paper .

Jack Russel - is n't he a painter plus part-time wicketkeeper ? Why did he bite you Jim ?

Archived