IGNORED

Mickey Bell

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Bell has been well rated wherever he's played and has been voted into the end of season league team by his fellow pro's several times.

Its only recently that he's lost his place in the City line up and thats largely through' injury.In fact we don`t know if he's fully yet.

I expect him to be back in the starting 11 before long.

Although it hurts me to say it, I feel we won't see much more of Bell in the first team. Woodman looks confident on the ball, maybe a bit too confident at times but perhaps I'm just adjusting to his style of play? He is exciting, quick and interested in the game. For a player to be replaced from the team it has to be because there is a better player to replace him. With Woodman I'm not sure that there is.

I hope the team can be left as it was against Barnsley. Matty Hill is doing a great job too as captain and should be rewarded again with the armband.

It is strange because at the start of the season players like Butler, Peacock and Doc would have been considered to be part of our strongest team, and it looks like this is no longer the case. Funny old game football!

:sport18:

Guest SteveinNC

It looks like Craig Woodman has pretty much sealed that left back position........maybe we can sell Bell to Fulham? Don't want to leave ourselves short though!

:Confused13:

Everytime some have chosen to raise question marks about his value to the team he re-appears and shows his quality often by grabbing a goal or two.Certainly a valuable asset to have around even if he's not in the team at the moment.

It's a mighty long season,plenty of time for him to show his worth.

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Okay fair enough he's no spring chicken anymore.. but he is still a bloody good left-back with good control over the ball as well as good timing/overlapping/crossing/acceleration... his accelertion etc used to be much sharper I admit.. but he is still a bloody good left-back..

Guest cidergeorge

I agree. When Bell's on top of his game he is a consitent all rounder defensively and attacking minded. He's also made it into at least 2 2nd div PFA first xi that I can remember. He's been better for City than he has bad plus he adds a little experience into the midfield when he's playing well.

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Micky Bell has been in the PFA Div2 Select XI for the past four years!

Plus he was in the PFA Div2 Select XI for Wycombe as well.. (ahead of our own Darren Barnard)..

So really Micky Bell has been one of the best 11 players at this standard longer than anybody else in any team..

Archived