IGNORED

The Official Newcastle United v Bristol City Match Day Thread

havanatopia

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I think another visit to the dressing room by a fan is called for................FIGHT you wasters stop fannying around

bl***y true, it seems an insult to Divvy what is happening now, if he is looking down from above he must feel like he wasted his efforts.

Went to see the Stadium of Light earlier, blowing a gale but dry and not too cold after early rain. Hard to stand up. Now in a wetherspoons packed with City fans and Geordies having a drink together, no problem at all. Must admit the people up here are so friendly and helpful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Thanks for reminding this fan of Tommy Casey. A really good and solid footballer as I remember.

As for today, I am forgetting for a moment the catastrophes that are LJ, SL, and our silent Board, and am turning back the clock 70 years, when I cared nothing but for a City win and some player being the hero of the hour. Perhaps that player will be one of our own, Reid or Cotterill, perhaps a newbie, Taylor or Djuric, or perhaps a final hurrah from Wibs

COYR

Class player from an era when the game was a pleasure to watch.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RedM said:

Went to see the Stadium of Light earlier, blowing a gale but dry and not too cold after early rain. Hard to stand up. Now in a wetherspoons packed with City fans and Geordies having a drink together, no problem at all. Must admit the people up here are so friendly and helpful. 

Very true. 

A mate and i once went up there. We caught a taxi into town & asked how much it was...

"Don't worry lads, I was going this way!"

Unbelievable!

• Like 1

Don't think we will be thrashed today but cannot see us picking up any points. Newcastle tend to do just enough, and with bigger games coming up for them this week, they won't go flat out. With Mitrovic playing in place of Gayle, that will help us as Flint will enjoy that battle rather than chasing after Gayle all game. The area i would worry about is Ritchie up against Golbourne.

Won't be watching or listening today. 

Wonder what LJ will say about his 'energetic' line up getting dubbed 5-0 at FT? 

Bloke just makes himself look more moronic every week. 

Hope all City fans that have travelled have a good day out anyway! 

Edited by BCFC_Mike

4 hours ago, samo II said:

Just arrived.

It's raining.

3 hours ago, Clint said:

Johnson out!

I had my Johnson out in the rain up in the Triangle once. Had to leg it to Redland after...

I think we will lose today. I didn't realise how tough Newcastles fixture list is after this game. They will be going full steam ahead to get critical points on the board today and I can see them being 2 or maybe 3 goals up before the final whistle is blown.

Hoping for a goal from The Snake but not expecting it. 

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I had my Johnson out in the rain up in the Triangle once. Had to leg it to Redland after...

I think we will lose today. I didn't realise how tough Newcastles fixture list is after this game. They will be going full steam ahead to get critical points on the board today and I can see them being 2 or maybe 3 goals up before the final whistle is blown.

Hoping for a goal from The Snake but not expecting it. 

Is that you Mr Gerkin ?

• Like 1

Like most on here, can't see us getting anything from this game, just hope it won't be a high score for them, as we need to protect the goal difference. Best of luck to all our fans making the long journey and hope you enjoy the day win,draw or lose.  COYR's

I won't be watching the match and  definitely won't be listening to the commentary on the radio. I just can't face the hope followed by the despair of conceding a soft goal. Out of desperation, later, I may even watch some rugby. (Just watched Ayling go on a run down the wing a put over a good cross for Leeds)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I won't be watching the match and  definitely won't be listening to the commentary on the radio. I just can't face the hope followed by the despair of conceding a soft goal. Out of desperation, later, I may even watch some rugby. (Just watched Ayling go on a run down the wing a put over a good cross for Leeds)

Not a bad game this. Ayling is becoming a fine championship player in his new home. Well done to him I say. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Last time I was there watching City, we were stuffed 5-0 in the rain standing on the terraces & Keith Waugh was named motm after shipping 5!! I'm imagining much the same today.. only difference.. seats!

Remember that well ... plus the 2 seasons before making a 0-0, 3-0 and 5-0 run ... 1800 miles and didn't even see a goal, with the middle one being the Messiah's return so the Gallowgate was heaving and we had loads of Geordies in with us! 

Those were the days!

COYR!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

#NEWvBRC: Giefer, Vyner, Flint, Wright, Bryan, Cotterill, O'Neil, Reid, K.Smith, O'Dowda, Wilbraham. #BristolCity

subs: Fielding, Magnusson, Hegeler, Pack, Paterson, Tomlin, Taylor

Decent selection, though I'd have had Pack instead of Korey Smith.  I was pretty sure that Wilbraham would start, and quite right for this fixture.

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm glad I came all this way to see Wilbraham start up front on his own after not playing for 2 months as a 37 year old. I'm sure this team will try very hard but we are playing the best team in the league. 

Sounds like it would have been Djuric but for an injury

1 minute ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Where is Hordur?

On the bench

• Like 1

Hahahaha horrendous 11 to pick.  

Vyner way too inexperienced and not good enough (yet). O'Neil not fit. Korey not fit. Alby can't last 60. 

LJ strikes again. Djuric good enough to start 3 days ago now banished. Korey has been nowhere near the side now starts. Likewise GON. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

I don't think it's a bad side .

No it's not. People weren't happy with Wednesday, so LJ changes it up, but that just gives many a chance to have another go at him, before the games even started. 

God forbid they wait to see what happens first!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

#NEWvBRC: Giefer, Vyner, Flint, Wright, Bryan, Cotterill, O'Neil, Reid, K.Smith, O'Dowda, Wilbraham. #BristolCity

subs: Fielding, Magnusson, Hegeler, Pack, Paterson, Tomlin, Taylor

I would NEVER have predicted that team. Initial reaction was wtf... but keep looking at it liking it more and more.