IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Burton Albion Match Day Thread

havanatopia

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I`m sorry, but I still don`t see your logic, and I`ve had enough of trying to.

Don't bother commenting then, the logic is simple... first SC and the board didn't strengthen where we needed to, the squad was pretty much threadbare and then LJ/MA bought a load of players who may/may not be good enough, its not hard to comprehend is it?

One of the saddest things about this mess is that when LJ does eventually go, as the managerial merry go round continues (whether we go down or not), how will SL and club win a large percentage of the fans back.  If Otib is a reliable cross section of views of the whole fan base, then this club has a lot of work to do - which will only be harder to achieve if we do go down.  And even if LJ turns this mess around and starts to win games again - will it even make a difference to the fans that want him gone? It seems the damage is to far gone to be fixed by LJ.

I admired SL's determination to break the mold of constantly changing the manager when things go badly, but i really cant see how this is going to get any better - clearly the last few months have proved that this team under its current management/Tactics etc etc is only heading in one direction and the bit that confuses me the most is despite what is becoming more obvious with each game, SL is sticking with Lee but then makes statements that he will not allow us to go down.  You'd like to believe that if he had made changes in December/January time, all of this could have been avoided - but as is football, nothing is guaranteed i suppose.

As each game passes though, we are becoming more and more reliant on other results to go our way to save our Championship status rather than being the makers of our own destiny to fight to stay up. 

I really dont know where this goes from here as clearly SL is continuing to back LJ for the foreseeable.

6 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

According to Lee:

- It's a positive point

- Wasn't a lack of effort

- We go again

- We played like it was a cup final

Oh bugger this. Not listening anymore.

He said that?  Clown!  A positive point?  In what way, Lee?  Losing would have us in the bottom 3, a point puts us......in the bottom 3!  Teflon Johnson......

Edited by BanburyRed

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Well that was obvious considering we missed a pen

And they missed an open goal.

Forget the minutiae of individual games; we're here after LJ has had two windows, significant investment, plenty of time with the current squad, and all the rest.

We are now in the bottom three; I don't believe that if we cannot beat Burton at home (after we beat them away first part of the season, as we did Villa, Leeds and Fulham too) at this point, then we are unlikely to get the wins we need to get out of it.

As I've said; we might go down with someone else in as head coach, but I believe we are more likely to than not with LJ in charge.

• Like 2

Don't bother commenting then, the logic is simple... first SC and the board didn't strengthen where we needed to, the squad was pretty much threadbare and then LJ/MA bought a load of players who may/may not be good enough, its not hard to comprehend is it?

You are ******* demented.

• Like 2

• Listening to LJ post match interview, he doesn't sound like a man who's nervous about loosing his job. I get the impression he's been given a guarantee he'll be here next season. Hope I am wrong but that's what I read between the lines. Please Steve, sort this out ASAP

What, we didn't strengthen where it was needed in the summer of that season, I think it was evident that the squad needed beefing up. LJ/MA and SC from last season are all culpable for this... its been a **** up since we got promoted? No?

I can promise you one thing, had SC had a fraction of the commercial support afforded to the current manager , the squad would not have been as you call it "threadbare"

even not withstanding that, LJ has had a full season and a squad he has assembled himself

nobody else to blame at all

there are literally  £15 to £20m reasons why your SC association with whats happening now is unfair.

finally i can also promise you that SCs only serious forrey into the transfer market (kodjia) will realise significantly more profit than the equal funds provided for Engval.

Im not here to blown warm air up SC backside it wont make any difference now, but he operated with almost a transfer surplus if you include the kodjia sale.

Measure  that with the man you are now comparing him to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

I mentioned on RB that the project is an omnishambles, we're in the bottom 3 as expected with 3 wins from 24 games and a hostage to the whims of Steve Lansdown. if he doesn't have the guts to sack Johnson we're down.

I question the bloke`s mental health.

• Like 1

There is no logic, this is his team, his team selections, his substitutions and this total mess is 5 months in the making and it's his and his coaches mess end of, if he was capable of turning it around he would have started that by now, blaming everybody other than our useless manager and his coaches and our dictator is nonsense.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

No; No No. the only person who is not good enough is Lee Johnson, he knows nothing about getting passion and the will to win into any player at the club and how much longer will you go on backing him, probably until the club is in the National League.  When will you see that you are blind to what is going on at our beloved club, Shame on you!

11 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

What, we didn't strengthen where it was needed in the summer of that season, I think it was evident that the squad needed beefing up. LJ/MA and SC from last season are all culpable for this... its been a **** up since we got promoted? No?

He might still be paid by the club but SC has no role In the current shambles. He left a YEAR  ago.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

I can promise you one thing, had SC had a fraction of the commercial support afforded to the current manager , the squad would not have been as you call it "threadbare"

even not withstanding that, LJ has had a full season and a squad he has assembled himself

nobody else to blame at all

there are literally  £15 to £20m reasons why your SC association with whats happening now is unfair.

finally i can also promise you that SCs only serious forrey into the transfer market (kodjia) will realise significantly more profit than the equal funds provided for Engval.

Im not here to blown warm air up SC backside it wont make any difference now, but he operated with almost a transfer surplus if you include the kodjia sale.

Measure  that with the man you are now comparing him to.

Ok to be straight there is no comparisons, they are all at fault for the relegation battles over the last couple seasons

4 minutes ago, City_USA said:
  • Listening to LJ post match interview, he doesn't sound like a man who's nervous about loosing his job. I get the impression he's been given a guarantee he'll be here next season. Hope I am wrong but that's what I read between the lines. Please Steve, sort this out ASAP

I had the same impression. The bloke is bullet proof and it's killing the club. Totally nonsensical.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Show me where I've said it'll be worse. I want to know who's lined up to take over and who'll put the money in.

Everything is so

secretive with SL

and his team who knows

If you ask me professionally what I would do it would be advertise interview and appoint

Oh look a moron on RB. 

Blaming the fans for a toxic atmosphere. 

Talk about brown nosing SL, the bloke is just as brain dead as LJ at the moment. 

Relegation zone and there are still one or two fans with belief in LJ, ******* hell.

We're going down, and we're going to have to come to terms with that. 

In terms of fans creating a toxic atmosphere, I thought today the support towards the team was decent, it was at the final whistle it turned half toxic, at worst. A few murmers of Johnson out, and I was one of them. What else do people expect?

This club is a mess. 

Edited by BCFC_Mike
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Has the**** gone yet?

I think the first question should be have we got anyone else lined up yet? I can just see the Job Ad. Head Coach required at basket case of a club. Spent sooo much money this last year, we'll be skint for the next 3. Relegation virtually guaranteed. No shortage of local derbys next season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

A quick look into the future says....relegation, players leaving, cost cutting measures announced, more players leaving, a new manager (possibly) given sod all to spend because we blew so much this season....Christ this is a tediously familiar road we're driving down.....pedal to the metal

Plus FFP!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Has the**** gone yet?

I will wake up tomorrow morning check the web and still he wont be gone, like some kind of ongoing daytime/nightime mare. I didnt go today, i have a season ticket mind, fan for over 30 years, im not going on tuesday either, its my birthday as well, where am i going ? out with the wife/kids. i swear to god im not going back until he has ****** off, its not the bristol city i know and love lately, bad luck ? fine margins ? not for five ******* months its not, sad times.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Has the**** gone yet?

If he hasn't then they club has accepted that relegation is inevitable. In which case there is no point in going on Tuesday just to put ourselves through more misery. Once the club has accepted relegation, the game is well and truly up and no amount of vocal support will change that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

How can LJ say that's a good point when we are at home, spent millions and we are playing a team on a small budget and who as a club were out in the wilderness not so many years ago 

I would expect Burton to say it's a good point, not LJ 

Burton will be loving that point 

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Well Norwich did get hammered today so maybe we could give him just one more final, final, super final chance on the lucky dip; ..................or maybe nah he can go just about right now; aint gonna happen though he will get us out of this...........RIGHT INTO THE 1ST DIV

A freshly hammered team?  At home?  

Sounds like the ideal match for a new head coach to use to run the rule over his squad.

That said; don't expect anything to change on that front - imagine Norwich will come here wanting to correct that result, and being we tend to be accommodating on the front, think the Canaries will give us a hiding.

• Like 2

What's the logic in SL keeping LJ as he has proven he isn't good enough to manage in the championship and if we go down (looking more and more likely) even if he gets us back up, the same thing will happen again as he just isn't good enough at this level 

SL spends millions on the ground and players but always looks for the cheap budget option on his managers 

If he digs deep and goes all out for a proven experienced manager, me might just succeed and get to the place we all want to be (not in league 1) 

Edited by AshtonG666

Guest redandy1
7 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I think the first question should be have we got anyone else lined up yet? I can just see the Job Ad. Head Coach required at basket case of a club. Spent sooo much money this last year, we'll be skint for the next 3. Relegation virtually guaranteed. No shortage of local derbys next season.

I cannot understand the argument  of keeping somebody who is utterly and totally incapable  of doing the job because we haven't got someone lined up to replace him. He has and continues to damage our Football club week in week out. By getting rid of him we can prevent that damage to the club and it's players. Let Pembo take temporary charge. The man is experienced and knows his own mind. But let's get rid of the problem first i.e Johnson.

3 minutes ago, Flagon said:

Credit to the fans today. Yes there was completely understandable booing at the end but there is no way considering the run and position we are in we could be accused of lack of support. 

That's gunna make SL's next excuse for not booting out LJ slightly tougher 

Times gone by there would have been outraged fans outside the williams giving the board/manager both barrels, these days we get a few seconds booing final whistle and shuffle off home and they have the neck to be pissed off with that, im only late 40's, the change is a strange thing for me.

• Like 1

Controversial:

Every little helps (or hurts) as they say.... just a small thing but I can't  imagine that the bland, sterile, gray, uninspiring finishes to our new dressing rooms can possible do anything to help lift the gloom that must be pervading our teams half time and full time talks and inquests.....  something other than Lee Johnson's erm, passion, is needed in there and a simple lick of uplifting lively coloured paint surely wouldn't  do any harm... psychologically environmental colours are known to affect mood and I cant imagine much thought was given to that at the design stage of our dressing rooms.. get the brushes, rollers and vinyl silk out... what's to lose? 

.... we need some pumped up passion in there, everything just feels too clinical (except for our penalty taking ;) )and generally around the place. Do we have any stirring music pumping through the changing rooms at times for instance? ... surely anything's worth trying?

Edited by WhistleHappy

1 minute ago, tts_city said:

Times gone by there would have been outraged fans outside the williams giving the board/manager both barrels, these days we get a few seconds booing final whistle and shuffle off home and they have the neck to be pissed off with that, im only late 40's, the change is a strange thing for me.

Everyone can see that SL is not taking any notice of the fans, so that would just be a waste of time and the fans know it.  SL is convinced that Lee Johnson is the man to take us to the promised land and if that is via League 1 so be it.  The logic of this escapes me, but who knows what goes on in the boardroom?

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Witty and adult response... :blink:

Mate you are not making any sense with your replies, you are blaming everybody and anybody apart from the 1 (maybe 3 people) who will one day be eventually sacked, SL and MA are fire proof, the manager and usually the coaches pay the price, that's football and always will be, blaming SC is utter utter nonsense, employing LJ in the first place is and will always be the problem, he was, is and always will be out of his depth, your defence makes no sense which is why nobody agrees with you.

I can understand you getting angry with people who abused you, I never did that so getting angry with me is a little bit silly and deserved a silly response.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Everyone can see that SL is not taking any notice of the fans, so that would just be a waste of time and the fans know it.  SL is convinced that Lee Johnson is the man to take us to the promised land and if that is via League 1 so be it.  The logic of this escapes me, but who knows what goes on in the boardroom?

Well i have heard on fairly good authority that the only person supporting LJ in the board is SL, its been that way for months, I also  and i really really hope it isnt true heard today that even if we go down hes going nowhere, i live in hope its bollox i really do, its unthinkable for me.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Mate you are not making any sense with your replies, you are blaming everybody and anybody apart from the 1 (maybe 3 people) who will one day be eventually sacked, SL and MA are fire proof, the manager and usually the coaches pay the price, that's football and always will be, blaming SC is utter utter nonsense, employing LJ in the first place is and will always be the problem, he was, is and always will be out of his depth, your defence makes no sense which is why nobody agrees with you.

I can understand you getting angry with people who abused you, I never did that so getting angry with me is a little bit silly and deserved a silly response.

Did you even bothered to read my posts, I said MA, LJ, SL (Board) and SC are to blame for the last 2 seasons, the relegation battles, SC's battle with the board... the transfer fiascos and so on. There was no comparisons,  I never said once that SL and MA are fireproof... It wasn't even a defence of LJ FFS it was to show that all parties are culpable for the constant struggle we are in and its been a chain reaction from the start of last season.

There was no need for the abuse (I know not from you) but I'm pissed off with it! Same shit, different day from OTIB

10 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Passion killing football environment in stadiums to blame IMO .... same theme as my post about the depressing dressing room environment... everything needs a 'lift' somehow.. far too clinical nowadays..

2 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Well i have heard on fairly good authority that the only person supporting LJ in the board is SL, its been that way for months, I also  and i really really hope it isnt true heard today that even if we go down hes going nowhere, i live in hope its bollox i really do, its unthinkable for me.

Yes, I truly think you are right, whatever happens SL will not budge on his appointment,  it's a crying shame after investing so much money into the team and the stadium, to me it is beyond belief.

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

European football in 5 years is going to be difficult now that there are only for years starting from Division 3.

They must be bringing back the Anglo Italian cup 

• Like 1