IGNORED

The Official Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

havanatopia

15 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And my point is to be able to quote or rely on 'your proof', we need sustained proof say like 90 minutes would be a start, be honest pretty much all season we either been OK, good, very good or excellent for the odd 45 minutes and dire for the rest, over 30 + games this actual Norwich 45 minutes is only proof of what we already know, we can sometimes play for 45 minutes and that appears to be our limit, that has to change or we are ****** and I sadly cannot see it changing but hey ho I am always up for being proved wrong especially where BCFC are concerned.

Me I am taking Mrs Bung shopping and having a Guinness or 3, I just cannot bear listening to another commentary where the commentator has to say every 15 minutes, 'City are giving them far too much time on the ball', 'why are City standing off of them?' or 'City are making it just far too easy for their opponents' and the polit bureau's mouthpiece quoting from the BS little red book to piped applause.

A consistent approach to a game might be a really good start. Just once I'd love to see us be positive from the off. Start the game how we finished the last one, given how well we played in that second half. If he starts one up front again I really despair. For me the quality is absolutely there in the squad, it's just not being used correctly. 

Foolishly I did the gardening this morning so I have no excuse not to tune in. If I had any sense I'd have left it for this afternoon....

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I've never been to Wigan but it makes me think of Northern Soul, a pier and Stuart Maconie.

Yep Northern Soul began in the Twisted Wheel club and eventually all-nighters were being held in several Wigan locations.  I'm not quite sure why it is considered a "genre" as the records they were playing were things that had been played in the rest of the country in the 60s,  but trends had moved on. Likewise the dancers' apparel of tank tops and baggy trousers. Wigan: the land fashion forgot.

Re: Stuart Maconie,  he always looks like he's got a wig on. Maybe it's word association. ....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What sort of footy fan are you eating a healthy lunch? 

I really like giving advice. You don't know I did not have three deep-fried kebabs for lunch, do you?

You are what you eat - look at what malnutrition did to Lee Johnson .........

:yawn:

tfj  :protest:

I know people will slate it because LJ is the one who made it but it's about as attacking as we can get. Harsh on O'Dowda but obviously wanted to fit Tomlin in the side. The one thing I fear is Joe Bryan. Not a good defender and won't  get help from Tomlin who will be out left assuming 442. 

I think it's a must win if we are serious about staying up and looks as if the staff think that as well. I want to stay in the division so I hope this is when LJ turns it around. 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If that's 442 then tomlin is in front of joe :facepalm: at least we won't be open down that flank :huh: mind you it's shit or bust time now. 

Got to be 4-3-1-2 
At least he didn't go big man with no wingers. or wingers with no target man as he has done. Not sure I like Wilbs the only striking option on the bench.

Again he shows his garbled thinking though. Praise Djuric , then drop him. Odowda highly praised for Tuesday, dropped and a must win game start a recently injured striker and have only one replacement on the bench !! 
Before I get shouted at I should say natural striker on the bench.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Bizarre team selection.

Still just comes across as a manger desperately looking for a line up that will work.

Have we ever played this back four before? Djuric not even on the bench? Assume they have seen Tammy and he is 100%, but might have started Djuric and Taylor, with Tammy on bench if anything less.

If the team have a blind clue as to what their roles are, should be goals in it. If.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Got to be 4-3-1-2 
At least he didn't go big man with no wingers. or wingers with no target man as he has done. Not sure I like Wilbs the only striking option on the bench.

Again he shows his garbled thinking though. Praise Djuric , then drop him. Odowda highly praised for Tuesday, dropped and a must win game start a recently injured striker and have only one replacement on the bench !! 

I'm hoping it's 4-3-1-2 been thinking this would work since January maybe before! 

Mind you even if it is need a result to feel confident about it..

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Got to be 4-3-1-2 

Would of gone with mags left back personally and O'dowda instead of tomlin . Joe is never a defender in a million years and if we do set up 442 we'll be wide open down our left. We'll have to wait and see but let's hope for a win , my god we need it :fingerscrossed: