IGNORED

The Official Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

havanatopia

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I will have the last word because you have flat out lied here. But apparently you know my thoughts better than I do and what I actually meant. I think I'm going to cook some food in a minute, could you please let me know what I actually mean by that, seeing as you apparently think that I don't mean what I actually type.

I also responded to your challenge for me to back up my "claim" by saying I was wrong if that is not the case, because I wasn't going to waste my time digging through your past posts. It isn't my fault that you refused to read what was written.

Just shut UP!

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Congratulations massive three points today, could be a season saver. 

Hope so.

Worried this might be another 'false dawn' like Rotherham.

Huddersfield will be a sterner test.

Enjoy the rest of your season; only wish we could have such a stress-free run in as your own.

26 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Horace wants to know, is it still three points for a win? He can't remember...

Could have done with the Chancellor making it 10 points for a win in the Budget and we've have half a chance.

• Like 1

today was poor again we where no better than we where against Burton only difference was today we got a bit of luck and got the ball over the line,

if we play like that on Friday we will be taking a beating from a very good team,

we probable need to win 5 of our last 10 and playing like today i dont see that happen,

• Like 1

You've probably finished off Wigan there. Feel for Warren Joyce but glad they are going down all in all. Wigan fans are deluded at times.

We have Blackburn away next weekend so I hope we can beat them for you......although I suspect the game which will decide everything is when you go there towards the end of April.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

today was poor again we where no better than we where against Burton only difference was today we got a bit of luck and got the ball over the line,

if we play like that on Friday we will be taking a beating from a very good team,

we probable need to win 5 of our last 10 and playing like today i dont see that happen,

Especially as we only have 9 games left ! ha ha !

Made a last minute decision to go if only to tick off another ground. 

Scrappy game lack of quality. 

First half we started ok but Wigan came more and more into it and Frankie made a couple of good saves.

Second half Wigan faded and for some reason took off their best player Obertan. City finished stronger and just about deserved the win. 

Afraid to say Taylor will never be a Championship player. Tomlin believe it or not worked hard and did ok. Flint was a rock. 

Wigan have a similar defender Jake Buxton nothing got past him. 

Small minority started Johnson out chants during the game but were quickly drowned out

• Like 2

Agree to some extent regarding Tomlin. Still seemed a bit shy when it came to chasing down. Pity both his free kicks went into the wall. 

Taylor looked run out when he went off. Not a great showing. 

Tammy has picked up where he left off. Thankfully. 

Thought LJ looked very forced with his congratulations to the team at the end. 

Missed Hegeler in midfield. 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

I've given Flint a lot of stick, but that could be the goal that keeps up in this division. Credit where credit is due n all that.

Agree, I have to give credit where it is due to.

Edit: Disappointed to see criticisms of Matty Taylor, feel that from recent matches a selection of fans find it hard to see a decent player and not a former Rovers player.

Edited by OddBallJim

Well done City! Wow that was needed. 3 games and only one goal conceded. Mutch work left but this win was important. Next game is on telly here in Sweden. Hudds are a good team but we can beat them, its football. Unusual feeling to get a win, but its nice. Clean sheet good for the confidence. Think we will make it. Coyr

28 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

At the end of the day it was all about the 3 points. And we got them.

Anyone like to congratulate LJ on the win?

I know, I know :laughcont:

Congratulate the players yes but not him. Still set the team up wrong imo , but got away with it. Massively relieved with the win though

1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

You've probably finished off Wigan there. Feel for Warren Joyce but glad they are going down all in all. Wigan fans are deluded at times.

We have Blackburn away next weekend so I hope we can beat them for you......although I suspect the game which will decide everything is when you go there towards the end of April.

Another great win for you today. I'd make Simon Grayson Championship manager of the year for what he has done with limited resources.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

How dare LJ over see a win in a 6 pointer game!!

Genuine question, do you still think LJ is the right manager to establish us quickly in the championship and then take us on to challenge at the top? You seem to be getting excited about us getting a win, one of only a couple in the last three million games or so it feels...

I've heard that an attention grabbing hobbit had the audacity to join our hard-working, sweat-breaking, winning players at the end of the Wigan game whilst grinning & clapping the City fans in the away end? Any truth?

Because at home, he would normally cup his ears at full time, turn left and sprint down the (now, thankfully much closer) tunnel, incoherently mumbling, 'Daddy, daddy. They are booing me again!'

46 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Genuine question, do you still think LJ is the right manager to establish us quickly in the championship and then take us on to challenge at the top? You seem to be getting excited about us getting a win, one of only a couple in the last three million games or so it feels...

My excitement about winning is because BCFC have won, nothing more nothing less.

I genuinely don't know. My head is torn and has been for a while. I brought into the project and to begin with it was all rosey. Despite our bad run there has been positives.  Its just frustrating that those positives get outweighed by the negatives. 

I really want it to work out with LJ because in time he will be a good manager but maybe it's too soon for him?

I don't think without him we would have players like Tammy. LJ is a highly regarded coach in football and thats why we secured the services of Tammy.

I think the problem is too many changes were made in a short space of time. Those changes were needed but when you sign all those players it's going to take a while to find your best team and get them to gel.

What's certain is he's here until the end of the season at least. For me it's these 10 games that will decide if he's up to taking us forward.

Get to the end of season and then this season needs to be picked apart by the powers that be.

11 hours ago, daored said:

There is nothing worse than an old fool. This old fool is now in Manchester awaiting a connection. It's the hope that kills us all!

happy happy birthday daored, see I told you, hope you enjoyed it. I thought of you when we scored I was in my local and raised a glass to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LocoPal said:

I've heard that an attention grabbing hobbit had the audacity to join our hard-working, sweat-breaking, winning players at the end of the Wigan game whilst grinning & clapping the City fans in the away end? Any truth?

Because at home, he would normally cup his ears at full time, turn left and sprint down the (now, thankfully much closer) tunnel, incoherently mumbling, 'Daddy, daddy. They are booing me again!'

If he hadn't gone over he'd have got criticism from some quarters for 'snubbing the fans' or similar. 

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

Another great win for you today. I'd make Simon Grayson Championship manager of the year for what he has done with limited resources.

I'm absolutely delighted about how our season has gone. If we hadn't lost 6 out of the first 8 games we'd probably be serious top 6 contenders. We just left some of our key business in summer a bit too late (Baptiste/McGeady on loan on deadline day) and it took SG slightly too long to find his best side. He's done a tremendous job though and I fear the vultures will be circling soon as we no longer appear to be going under the radar. Curbishley on channel 5 tonight said Norwich should go for him.

3 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

I'm absolutely delighted about how our season has gone. If we hadn't lost 6 out of the first 8 games we'd probably be serious top 6 contenders. We just left some of our key business in summer a bit too late (Baptiste/McGeady on loan on deadline day) and it took SG slightly too long to find his best side. He's done a tremendous job though and I fear the vultures will be circling soon as we no longer appear to be going under the radar. Curbishley on channel 5 tonight said Norwich should go for him.

It seems like Grayson took a while to find his feet with you but huge credit to him and your team for showing us what can be achieved in this division.

Norwich always seem to go for managers with a previous link to the club. And when they make a permanent appointment they'll be looking for quick progress rather than the slow build. They're already a decent squad.

I wish we could have a season like this one for PNE.....or Norwich!

8 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Sky did say during their pre match build up that you really needed a win to carry on your push for the playoffs! I bet you never thought they`d be saying that with nine games to go did you? Keep it going (apart from being totally useless and just rolling over for the opposition on April 4th of course!) and you could well make it if someone else slips up - only six points off, that`s eminently doable.

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sky did say during their pre match build up that you really needed a win to carry on your push for the playoffs! I bet you never thought they`d be saying that with nine games to go did you? Keep it going (apart from being totally useless and just rolling over for the opposition on April 4th of course!) and you could well make it if someone else slips up - only six points off, that`s eminently doable.

Just don't think we've got enough consistency to overtake those teams. Can see Fulham leapfrogging Reading and Wednesday but Wednesday will hold on the 6th because I think Rhodes, Forestieri etc. will probably just about drag them over the line.