IGNORED

David Beckham - Obe

DolmanDudess

David Beckham has been awarded the OBE for his services to football. Deserved?!!!!  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted 'No' as i dont think he does deserve it, theres not one thing i can think, that why he deserves it. Hes extremly over-rated and hes only like the way he is, because of papers, following him, everywhere he goes.

There are other players that deserves more credit than him and the dont get it. :clap:

Yes, i don't see no reason why he shouldn't have it he leads England by example and works 110% every match the fact that he no longer plays in England doesn't really matter that much but i think it is quite easy to forget him as we don't see him play that often anymore :clap:

i voted NO.mainly because of the reasons Bcfclad19 said.

he is well over-paid,like most footballers and is over-rated in my opinion.

the media attention he gets is outstanding! hes in the papers where-ever he is,what ever he is doing.

Guest lydneyred

Nope.

He is over rated and is only doing his job, what he is payed for.

Each game there are 11 players on the pitch, you cannot heap the praise on to one individual person.

It's the same as with the England Rugby team and the calls to knight or whatever Jonny..............15+ men won the world cup not just one man.

QUOTE (Tomarse @ Nov 27 2003, 10:13 PM)

QUOTE (city4eva @ Nov 27 2003, 08:26 PM)

yes he brings hope to the fat people who cannot play football 

explain yourself please? 

That's exactly what i was thinking

sorry it sounded better in my head before i typed it

how funny :( :Party27: :( :Party27: :) :Party27: :clap: :Party27: :o

I voted yes because I believe firmly that he is an excellent ambassador for his country.

He does a lot more than play football. He promotes an image of sportsmanship and professionalism that is recognised all over the world and shows the english game in a good light (albeit before yet another thug(s) tarnishes it again).

Archived