IGNORED

The Official Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

havanatopia

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Can't see a negative keeping the gap to 4 points with other sides below us.

It should have been 7. It was going to be 7. Until we did the Bristol City thing again.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it has to be good enough for anyone, do the over a season and we'd be where Brighton are now. 

See above and contemplate how insane what you've just said sounds.

As a team what have BCFC collectively learned? Most of the horrors between October and February were decided on a single goal. As was today. Don't concentrate on the IFs, take a look at what we have - a team that's gone from fodder to a threat in a few weeks but needs to be ruthless in far shorter time. The BS at the back has to stop. It's had to stop all season.

Edited by sephjnr

Just now, Super said:

Brighton will have the title wrapped up by the time we play them. Obviously still tough but they will have nothing to play for might even play the fringe players.

IFs fatter than Tomlin that you don't want to rely on.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Brighton will have the title wrapped up by the time we play them. Obviously still tough but they will have nothing to play for might even play the fringe players.

Didn't city have it wrapped up when Walsall played us on the last day?  8-2 was it?

• Like 1

Just now, sephjnr said:

See above and contemplate how insane what you've just said sounds.

As a team what have BCFC collectively learned?

If you take it as a statement about our season, yes.My reply was about people not being happy with 7 points from 9.

Just now, Engvall's Splinter said:

Blackburn I'd suggest have the easiest run in. The teams they're playing have nowt to play for. 

Never works out like that tho does it.

Who would have taken Wolves to win at Leeds?

And Wolves next up for Blackburn. Reckon 1 point from the last three will keep us up.

• Like 1

One point away in this moment is good. We are not a good awayteam this season. The other results went our way. Think Villa will win Brum in the derby. We are strong now and I still think we gonna make it. We are in a good run and think we will beat Barnsley. They have nothing to play for, we have a good chanse. Always believe, Coyr!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It would mean Blackburn getting 4 points and Birmingham 0, or every 1 Brum get Blackburn have to get 4 more (Isee I forgot to change B'burns total). I just can't see it.
To be honest I won't care as long as we get safe soon. 

I don't think they will pick up another point and Blackburn and Forest will sneak a win each to do it 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or looking at this in another way

Would anyone not have taken our current position and points after Preston ?

:thumbsup:

Or looking at this in  another way. 

Would anyone have taken our current position and points at the beginning of the season, after the hype of the summer signing? It's a good point today but we shouldn't be in this position after the summer and January signing sprees. I hope we stay up but find it difficult  to be enthused by next season. 

• Like 3

Just now, sephjnr said:

IFs fatter than Tomlin that you don't want to rely on.

I do not think anyone is arguing that we would all be feeling a damned site better if we had won. Sounded like we were more likely to get the second than them to get level. It happens, and then we had to dig out what we could in the last twenty. It could have been 1 point as well. Might have been 7 sure, but it is 4.

Its done. On to the next one. Totally in our hands.

• Like 1

Just now, pongo88 said:

Or looking at this in  another way. 

Would anyone have taken our current position and points at the beginning of the season, after the hype of the summer signing? It's a good point today but we shouldn't be in this position after the summer and January signing sprees. I hope we stay up but find it difficult  to be enthused by next season. 

I totally agree but we can't change what's gone and just pleased that we look as if we might / should be ok when I  thought we looked in deep shite  pre Huddersfield and Post Preston

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Looking a lot healthier than a few weeks ago, think I'd be twitching a bit if I was drum or Forest.
Still think it will finish as it is now though.

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Barnsley (H) Sat 22nd April

Brighton (A) Sat 29th April

Birmingham (H) Sun 7th May

BIRMINGHAM 47 points (GD -21)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

Huddersfield (H) Sat 29th April

City (A) Sun 7th May

FOREST (45 points) (GD-12)

Reading (H) Sat 22nd April

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

BLACKBURN (41 points) (GD-16)

Wolves (A) Sat 22nd April

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

Brentford (A) Sun 7th May

Adding Burton, they have Leeds (H), Barnsley (A) and Reading (H) left. No gimmies there. Think they have enough, but huge win for them today.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I totally agree but we can't change what's gone and just please that we look as if we might / should be ok when I  thought we looked in deep shite  pre Huddersfield and Post Preston

Let's worry about next season when this one is effectively finished.

• Like 2

Given that many had resigned themselves to us going down after the shambles at Preston, especially when a sacking didn't follow, we have to be pretty chuffed with how the last 3 games have gone.

Shame we couldn't hold on today but Blackburn were always going to throw everything at us in the 2nd half and we've not been good at seeing games out all season. Another win will do it, and frankly as it stands Blackburn are going to be more concerned about catching Birmingham and Forest than they are about us.

from the BBC:

Abraham, Matty Taylor and Josh Brownhill all wasted chances to make it 2-0 before Rovers rescued a point.

On-loan Chelsea striker Abraham, 19, was arguably most guilty, shooting straight at the goalkeeper when through on goal as the Robins created a host of great opportunities prior to Gallagher's equaliser.

Bristol City remain four points above the relegation zone, with fixtures against Barnsley, Brighton and Birmingham remaining.

They could have all but sealed their Championship survival during a dominant first 70 minutes at Ewood Park, but were unable to hold on for a third successive win.

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Adding Burton, they have Leeds (H), Barnsley (A) and Reading (H) left. No gimmies there. Think they have enough, but huge win for them today.

The thing about Burton, they are the one team that can be said they have given their all this season. Many of the other teams look as though they have downed tools at times. 
Got to take your hat off to Clough , he's done a good job , couple of draws will be enough for both of us I think.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Doesn't ffs sound funnier in a Brummie accent?

I was expecting to read "Johnson out" on Forest's forum :)

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 2

We could do with Brum going down, although they're doing terribly they have new, richer, owners & may get it right next season. Blackburn (and Forest to an extent) on the other hand, they're a basket case either way so I'd rather we played them next year.

Edited by Tammys Scan

Just goes to show that changing horses in mid stream isn't often the answer. In fact in Birmingham's case, they were fixing a problem that wasn't there. 2 wins in 22 for Zola, but I'd bet there would have been people welcoming him as the new messiah here because he was a big name.  And as for Tony Mowbray, having a hand in two relegated  clubs in one season (if Blackburn go) would  be an unusual achievement. Better the devil you know as my old mum used to say. Mind you, her and Lucifer were close. 

35 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Looking a lot healthier than a few weeks ago, think I'd be twitching a bit if I was drum or Forest.

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

City (A) Sun 7th May

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

Seeing as Barnsley have nothing to play for and our home form is good then that should be a definite 3 points

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just goes to show that changing horses in mid stream isn't often the answer. In fact in Birmingham's case, they were fixing a problem that wasn't there. 2 wins in 22 for Zola, but I'd bet there would have been people welcoming him as the new messiah here because he was a big name.  And as for Tony Mowbray, having a hand in two relegated  clubs in one season (if Blackburn go) would  be an unusual achievement. Better the devil you know as my old mum used to say. Mind you, her and Lucifer were close. 

TBF calls for Johnson to go are centred around him leading us into a relegation scrap and on a record losing run; if we'd sacked him when level on points with sixth place, of course it would have been stupid.

The Rowett/Zola swap bares no resemblance to a form-based firing: that's is a 'new broom' situation where the money-men want their boy in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dereks no1 said:

Seeing as Barnsley have nothing to play for and our home form is good then that should be a definite 3 points

City/we  and definite 3 points in the same sentence ??? Love your optimism .:thumbsup:

Plus , just being picky , I guess that should be , 'recent home form' :yes:

41 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

City (A) Sun 7th May

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

It would look REALLY healthy if Blackburn were only on 41 points rather than the 44 they have in fact got :fear:  

• Like 1

Just now, samo II said:

TBF calls for Johnson to go are centred around him leading us into a relegation scrap and on a record losing run; if we'd sacked him when level on points with sixth place, of course it would have been stupid.

The Rowett/Zola swap bares no resemblance to a form-based firing: that's is a 'new broom' situation where the money-men want their boy in.

I know it isnt the same situation, but I was merely illustrating how change often has an outcome which didnt achieve what was intended. There was no reason not to retain Rowett, but they knew best.

9 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Completely different scenario if you're relating that to us. Rowett had them in and around the play offs. Very odd decision to get rid. We've been crap since October.  Johnson deserved the boot! Whilst I'm not saying Zola would've worked out here, just because managers don't have success at a club doesn't necessarily mean they'll not get it right elsewhere. 

Regards Mowbray - It hasnt worked for Blackburn, yet has worked for Leicester. We'll never know what may of happened if Lansdown did get rid in Jan. Like we won't until we're in the same position next April. :whistle:

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

I know it isnt the same situation, but I was merely illustrating how change often has an outcome which didnt achieve what was intended. There was no reason not to retain Rowett, but they knew best.

Indeed, though again it was their owners were the ones who made that call, and few fans I'm aware of would have agreed.

If nothing else, if shows that the decisions of those in charge doesn't always benefit the playing side of the club.

But right now, we need to just make sure we get over the safety line; summer is the time I hope our own owners think about the quality of their decision making regards the choice of manager.

Does look like we could have had more, but I would have taken a point before the game. FF doesn't look too clever for their goal (might be the angle) , and I wish Taylor could hit the target, but survival is what it's all about for the time being.

http://www.skysports.com/football/blackburn-vs-bristol-c/358616

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just read through both forums, could have been copied and pasted from this one a few weeks ago :shocking:

Mods....  can we copywrite our forum next season? Make them think up their own excuses!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

It would look REALLY healthy if Blackburn were only on 41 points rather than the 44 they have in fact got :fear:  

When I realised I hadn't updated the bit , it was too late for an edit :blush:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1953 said:

There were some Brum fans complaining Rowett's football was boring.:facepalm:

Mind you he was also reported to be talking to other clubs while at Brum.

4 hours ago, cityexile said:

Still lots of perms, but for me would rather it was not a 'do or die' last day shoot out. 

Me neither. I can hardly take it when we have a 2 goal advantage going into the last minute of added time.

I was just pointing out that it if the next two games go seriously wrong we'll still probably have a get out of jail card on final day. Plus lots of police overtime available.

1 hour ago, Tammys Scan said:

"With burton winning and us getting dominated by barc...i mean Bristol city i feel we are down today and mowbray has to take a little blame for the way we set up today"

SL on the Blackburn forum..

They should know that there is only one Barcelona in Bristol.

1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

Glad to see you pulling away - just need Forest and Birmingham to pull it together now and condemn Rovers to relegation.

Bit of a goegraphy lesson for me today - Didn't realise quite how close Blackburn is to Preston. A few minutes out of Blackburn we could see Deepdale. Preston must be closer to Blackburn than Burnley is?

That could be something of a season-saving point today.   Granted a victory would have been first and foremost on both sets of supporters list, but you've got to be the more pleased of the two to take a draw away from an opposition in more need of points than yourselves.

As others have mentioned safety isn't yet achieved, but you're finally putting some results together and moving away from the most dangerous reaches of the league.   Today illustrated for me all things are possible in the Championship - results occur when you least expect them - so while there's still an element of uncertainty regards any relegation concern, at least things look much brighter now than they did a few weeks recent.  (We'll try and beat Forest on the last day to assist if needed, but you've probably done enough by now to remain in the league for another season)

• Like 5

On 4/17/2017 at 18:46, Beni71 said:

Interestingly we are 7th in the table for shots on target per game and 3rd per shots in a game. We have missed some chances this season.

That's true. Also worth looking at shots on target 'allowed' per game, conceded in a game.

I think we are midtable all said and done, our numbers have been on balance.