Already relegated

Twice...

36 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

2nd bottom.

Thrice...

36 minutes ago, Tre Bong said:

Probably bottom of the league.

Four times agreed!

Essentially safe now; good work from the team and coaching staff.

Other than an insane set of results, we'll be at this level next year again, so that is something to celebrate after the season we've had.

Glad we don't have to go to Brighton needing anything, and just looking to avoid a spanking!

Relieved, and may crack open a cider or two in celebration tonight.

Must to better next season though; this cannot be our only ambition (i.e. just staying up) now.

But will enjoy tonight.

COYR!

16 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

So it's poor coaching when we lose but nothing to do with coaching when we win??? 

Ps simples is so 2010

Sorry you fail to understand my point. But hey ho let's see what happens next season to see who is right 

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Sorry you fail to understand my point. But hey ho let's see what happens next season to see who is right 

I don't think anyone would argue with you at all about our form across the season, and indeed I happen to agree about your views on LJ.

I am however bloody delighted to have won today. I assume you are to?

Edited by cityexile

Just now, Kezman said:

Credit where its due, he's stumbled on a line-up and formation that works and he hasn't tinkered with it! 

As I said before, the boys are now playing to stay in the division and not for LJ, Now they know SL won't sack him, they have no choice.

Just now, cityexile said:

I don't think anyone would argue with you at all about our form across the season, and indeed I am happy to agree about your views on LJ.

I am however bloody delighted to have won today. I assume you are to?

Why the hell wouldn't I be delighted after following City since 1950 ?

Now really convinced will see a City win at Amex

• Like 1

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

As I said before, the boys are now playing to stay in the division and not for LJ, Now they know SL won't sack him, they have no choice.

You can't know that. Whether it's actually true or not, you're making stuff up to suit your own argument.

• Like 3

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Unfortunately it's a one way street for some people.

I wish it was a one way street for LJ, out of our club.  Just imagine what our boys could do under a decent manager/coach and a new experienced striker signed in the closed season.

• Like 2

You've spoken to the players I take it? Or are you just making an assumption?

No difference to the LJ clappers then, only mine is probably correct, just wait until next season, we will see then.

No, I'm not going to wait until next season. If we do badly next season, that doesn't "prove you right". Not everything is a conspiracy.

Some people on here are happy clappers, some look at the form and don't think LJ should go, some look at the form and do, and some want him to go because they don't like him.

There's just as much evidence to support the theory that City's upturn in form is down to the departure of Pemberton as your theory.

• Like 4

No difference to the LJ clappers then, only mine is probably correct, just wait until next season, we will see then.

Think the LJ clappers support the club just like yourself, I'm happy to back the manager... he got us into it and to be fair he has dug us out with some impressive home form.

• Like 2

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

No, I'm not going to wait until next season. If we do badly next season, that doesn't "prove you right". Not everything is a conspiracy.

Some people on here are happy clappers, some look at the form and don't think LJ should go, some look at the form and do, and some want him to go because they don't like him.

There's just as much evidence to support the theory that City's upturn in form is down to the departure of Pemberton as your theory.

So Pemberton had complete charge then did he?

Well crap season but barring a miracle we should be safe now.  It has been an utter shambles and god knows what will happen in the transfer window.  

I'll be cheering them on at the AMEX and hoping our safety is guaranteed there rather than see our GD take a hammering.

• Like 4

Don't you think it's strange, that suddenly the boys are grinding out results, so what happened for the last 4-5 months then?  Good coaching?

That's what form is. They found a starting line up that was working, their confidence rose, they started working together.

So Pemberton had complete charge then did he?

Nope. But that wasn't my point.

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Think the LJ clappers support the club just like yourself, I'm happy to back the manager... he got us into it and to be fair he has dug us out with some impressive home form.

That's your opinion, you know I don't agree with you, LJ won't take this club anywhere, except to struggle.

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

That's what form is. They found a starting line up that was working, their confidence rose, they started working together.

Nope. But that wasn't my point.

You were saying, unless I'm wrong, that the upturn came after Pembertons sacking, so I said, was he in charge then? you didn't answer that point.

Don't you think it's strange, that suddenly the boys are grinding out results, so what happened for the last 4-5 months then?  Good coaching?

I have no idea as I have no inside knowledge so I don't make assumptions then state them as if they were fact. For example, the improvement coincided with JP's departure but that doesn't prove a causal link. I just settle for being pleased with the turnaround.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Well crap season but barring a miracle we should be safe now.  It has been an utter shambles and god knows what will happen in the transfer window.  

I'll be cheering them on at the AMEX and hoping our safety is guaranteed there rather than see our GD take a hammering.

As we kick off later, hopefully we will know we are safe by the time we take the field.

In all Carey fairness Johnson does talk a load of carp. 

Delighted we are staying up and wins are coming and I doff my hat to Lee J for making peace with his players; nothing else would have kept us up except for the players themselves saying we do not want League 1 football.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1

Just now, cityexile said:

As we kick off later, hopefully we will know we are safe by the time we take the field.

Hadn't thought of that, could be a carnival atmosphere! (as we get tonked) . Don't care if we're safe though I'll be celebrating for the full 90, could be one of those weird end of season games where no one really minds what's going on on the pitch as I take it Brighton might be confirmed champions by then... :fingerscrossed:.

3 hours ago, RedSA said:

Got a feeling we might start with a bit of complacency and go a goal down. That'll wake up the Gate and we'll roar them on to a 2-1 victory. 

Well, I pretty much called it. Something about this team wants to switch off as soon as they get the chance. 

Thought Barnsley had some tidy players going forward. Kent was taking the piss out of us at times. Fortunately they seemed easier to play through at the back than us, I didn't think we had to do anything special to score, seemed like force of will got us over the line in the end. 

Just now, chinapig said:

I have no idea as I have no inside knowledge so I don't make assumptions then state them as if they were fact. For example, the improvement coincided with JP's departure but that doesn't prove a causal link. I just settle for being pleased with the turnaround.

Of course, I'm like you, also pleased with the turnaround, but I don't believe that the players suddenly decided to get wins for LJ's sake, as I said before,  they want to stay in the Championship,  it not rocket science is it, it's common sense.

6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

That's your opinion, you know I don't agree with you, LJ won't take this club anywhere, except to struggle.

Of course you won't because you seem to have more of a personal problem with LJ being manager... he deserved criticism for the form earlier in the season of course but to give him zero credit for the upturn in form is just pretty petulant and confirms my first sentence

• Like 3

Of course, I'm like you, also pleased with the turnaround, but I don't believe that the players suddenly decided to get wins for LJ's sake, as I said before,  they want to stay in the Championship,  it not rocket science is it, it's common sense.

Winning games isn't a choice. 

Just now, cynic said:

Behind twice in that game and still won it - that wouldn't have happened a short time ago.

LJ has eventually got them playing to their potential.....emphasis on the eventual bit.

Been a real sh1t sandwich this season.

Some substance either side surrounding a pile of poop.

Anyhow, looks like we are safe now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Problem is,  if SL keeps this coach,  then it will be same again next season and I don't see any difference in next season, especially with Tammy gone. Tammy and recently Paterson has saved LJ's job.

You're not wrong!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Magnificent given our position a month ago. 

Absolutely.

Even 2 and a half weeks ago after the shambles at Preston, I doubt anyone would have given us a prayer of being all but safe with 2 games left.

Not sure what's changed, but clearly something has and all involved deserve great credit, whilst at the same time acknowledging that to be in that position in the first place isn't acceptable. 

• Like 2

Just now, cynic said:

Behind twice in that game and still won it - that wouldn't have happened a short time ago.

LJ has eventually got them playing to their potential.....emphasis on the eventual bit.

Hoping that the (very) dark days of earlier this season have genuinely taught his some important lessons, and we can actually move forward next year.

I'm still uncertainty he's the right man, but credit to him for dragging us out of the mess we've floundered into.

I have zero doubt he'll be in charge for next season now, and that will be his third transfer window, so after that; the judgement he asked the sceptical to reserve will be made.

But for now am just relived we get to play at this level next year, and hope we can find another gem like Tammy from somewhere, as he's been magnificent, and massively important to us.

• Like 1