IGNORED

Talksport will do a two hour preview of the up and coming season

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Because I have in the past... :facepalm:

Used to hear 3+ hours of it every day when in a taxi, driver seemed to enjoy it though.

So you haven't listened to TalkSport recently but according to you it's still shite...................:disapointed2se:

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Exactly.

Most pundits simply disregard us as also rans

Well on Talksport this morning Tony Cascarino was talking about QPR and he said they'd "struggle to compete with the financial might of clubs like Boro, Derby, Forest and Bristol City..."  !!!!

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well on Talksport this morning Tony Cascarino was talking about QPR and he said they'd "struggle to compete with the financial might of clubs like Boro, Derby, Forest and Bristol City..."  !!!!

That shows how much Cascarino knows about City............

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Although looking at Mr Lansdown's wealth it's not an unreasonable comment?

Not to outsider it isn't but Cascarino and most other pundits aren't aware of SLs transfer policy,  which given their job they should be aware of. Do your homework in other words.

1 minute ago, El Hombrecito said:

You don't watch friendlies but according to you they're not worth watching. Sorry, what's the difference here? :facepalm:

I don't call the friendlies shite. They just don't hold any attraction to me that's all. The difference is pretty obvious.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Not to outsider it isn't but Cascarino and most other pundits aren't aware of SLs transfer policy,  which given their job they should be aware of. Do your homework in other words.

Fair comment, there's a lot of ill-informed guff on Talksport, that's why bluffers like Ronnie Irani didn't last long.....he sounds like an ok geezer but his views on all sports except cricket were often cringeworthy...

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They hold enought attraction for you to go onto a thread explicitly marked as a match day thread for the friendly, solely to tell people you don't care.

And then to go onto the thread several hours later and lie about not knowing there was a friendly despite having been on the very thread for it.

Double like 

34 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because I have in the past... :facepalm:

Used to hear 3+ hours of it every day when in a taxi, driver seemed to enjoy it though.

After several months of the same crap everyday I started making sure I had headphones with me so I could listen to my music instead.

A 3 hour taxi journey every day?! Wow, that must have cost a pretty penny....

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Was living and at school in Kingswood, then when placed into foster care moved to Easter Compton. Was told to remain at the school I was at because I was heading into GCSE years and had already missed parts of education from moving school 6 times previously.

As I was in care the council picked up the tab. Once a driver had the meter showing, think it was about £45-50 each direction.

Tough times for you, hope you're ok now. Three hours of Talksport wouldn't have helped...the headphones were a top idea!

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They hold enought attraction for you to go onto a thread explicitly marked as a match day thread for the friendly, solely to tell people you don't care.

And then to go onto the thread several hours later and lie about not knowing there was a friendly despite having been on the very thread for it.

Trying to explain to you is like pulling teeth.............:facepalm:

You seem to have a problem with my lack of interest in non competitive friendlies. I appreciate that some others fans enjoy them but why they enjoy them is a mystery to me. It's beyond my understanding. 

Because who ever the opponent I still like to see my team win. I like to see how individuals gets on, young fringe players progressing, trialists, new formations etc etc. All my fellow red is simply saying is, you don't like friendlies which is fine, but they are confused as to why you click on said link to express these feelings when you can simply skip down to the next topic that is of your interest.

6 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Because who ever the opponent I still like to see my team win. I like to see how individuals gets on, young fringe players progressing, trialists, new formations etc etc. All my fellow red is simply saying is, you don't like friendlies which is fine, but they are confused as to why you click on said link to express these feelings when you can simply skip down to the next topic that is of your interest.

Thanks Russ. You've explained things very succinctly.

Im a fellow Red as well.but for me it's all about seeing the boys play in a competitive game that matters. No other matches mean anything to me. 

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Trying to explain to you is like pulling teeth.............:facepalm:

You seem to have a problem with my lack of interest in non competitive friendlies. I appreciate that some others fans enjoy them but why they enjoy them is a mystery to me. It's beyond my understanding. 

I think a lot of things are beyond your understanding.

Archived