IGNORED

Sale Of Ag / Money For Players

BCFChris

It was confirmed that Ashton Gate is still under Mortgage. That being the case any funds raised by the sale of the ground would be nominal and I would imagine most of it would go into plugging the expected £1.6 million debt the club is currently running at.

The sale of Ashton gate is not going to change the clubs fortunes overnight so the question is one of pure fantasy.

Definitely NOT.

A few transient players, whether they brought short-term success or not, would be gone in a few years.

City's traditional home would be gone FOREVER.

Through the Academy City are building slowly but surely for a successful future. An improving and expanding Ashton Gate, in line with that success, should be an integral part of the overall plan.

Guest BTR_FTG

NO ! Clubs who lose their ground tend to lose everything.

What does Beezey mean when he say's The Gate is "under mortgage". Whilst I can imagine one or more of the club's loans may have resulted in a charge being attached to the freehold I can't imagine when, or why, the board would have raised a 'mortgage' against it? Can anybody clarify as I don't yet have this year's accounts?

BTR

FTG

Guest BTR_FTG

Tom,

Presumably the club would have had the freehold valued if they'd raised a mortgage against it, so did the accounts presented reflect any uprating of the value of that asset ? I seem to recall the club had quite rightly refused to 'pump the figures' by doing so for the best part of the last decade.

BTR

FTG

Archived