IGNORED

The Official Match Day Thread 7. Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City

havanatopia

Apart from going to sleep for their goal, we have pretty much matched Wolves. Leko looks a real livewire and is causing them all sorts of problems, need to take off Diedhiou and bring on Taylor up front for second half - but doubt LJ will change anything. Diedhiou is just so slow to react, he really is offering very little for us - carbon copy of his disappointing performance against Reading.

Aside from Fammy, everybody playing their part, even COD!

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 3

Guest St Aldhelms Red
4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Why do a lot on here get so bitchy just because someone has a different opinion? If you don't like it block him, or is it just all the superfan have to show blind loyalty all the time?

You havent got a ******* clue have you?

9 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Please put me right. Only stating the facts. Some people can't seem to understand or cleary never attend any games.

I'll let Flinty do that... 

You have no hope to be set right. You're just a wrong'un - Not just because of your opinion but the repetitive broken record negativity.

Support the team instead!

• Like 1

This game very much like Reading were playing a better team on their patch. Got 3 points Saturday and drawing at half time, we have been a little fortunate at times but bollocks, you make your own luck. We may well lose tonight but we're looking a stronger outfit than last season. Coyr.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Apart from going to sleep for their goal, we have pretty much matched Wolves. Leko looks a real livewire and is causing them all sorts of problems, need to take off Diedhiou and bring on Taylor up front for second half - but doubt LJ will change anything. Diedhiou is just so slow to react, he really is offering very little for us - carbon copy of his disappointing performance against Reading.

Aside from Fammy, everybody playing their part, even COD!

C'ODs having a great game. He's brilliant at drawing fouls in the right places. 

For my money we grew into this game from the moment they scored, 3 at the back has been working ok, sadly the only time it didn't they scored.

I think there is something in this game for us, Wolves are not that convincing so far and the crowd seem ready to jump on the players backs.

A word for Flint another immense performance so far, I suspect several clubs must wish that they followed up their interest.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Put Flinty up front, I'm sure years ago we converted a CB to striker, remind me who it was someone.

One of the best makeshift striker converted from Centre Back (not us) must have been Paul Warhurst at Sheff Weds! 

• Like 2

Decent half. We pressed well and limited their chances. We're actually playing pretty well without creating quite as many chances as I'd like. Think FF and JBryan have been fantastic at the back. Brownhill has been everywhere and COD has been solid defensively.

They seem to to have three out to either wing as soon as we put it wide so might be good to bring Leko inside a bit more - he'd either get some luck there or open the space up out wide for others. 

Fammy's having a tough game, so I'd get Woodrow/Taylor on early 2nd half.

All in all not bad - COYR

• Like 3

I'm amazed at some of the negativity during that half. Wolves are undoubtedly quality, but we have worked our Bollocks off and played some decent stuff @ times too. I take back what I said earlier about resting players, rest the lot on Saturday. Again Fam and Cod the only negatives.

We are well in this game!

• Like 4

a mate of mine is in a corporate box up there (with wolves folk) - just text and before they knew he was City, in his company they were commenting that we were the best side they have seen at theirs this season!

Edited by tomo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Better against Millwall compared to Brent, yes. But Millwall were still better than City and deserved to win. 

Dude you're views were dismissed when we we're losing 8 on the spin. After an ok start to the season can't you back to just booing. You made better listening then now you're just like White Noise

I'd say we're playing OK. Which actually is all I wanted. 

Dont get me wrong, if a team is going to win it, it looks like being Wolves, but we're still in the game* much like we were at Reading. 

*except for Diedhiou. He's been shit again. 

In positive news, Joe looks a decent left back and Bobby continues to look pretty decent with the ball. 

We'd take a point all day long. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

How could city ever consider letting him go...flint is 100% every game.

...City need a striker though. Get Taylor on. Get Fanny off. 

We turned down every bid for him, you ####ing moron!

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

WHY?  COD has been doing fine and we need Smith in CM where he is playing well. Only change we need is Taylor on for Fammy.

it was for a spell where we had more of the ball - Im not sure COD will be strong enough if Wolves have a long spell of pressure - just my opinion lads (and lasses)

Edited by tomo