IGNORED

What Was Your Fav Result Last Season?

the_real_city

Was it the game and result against Cardiff at Ninian Park? Coming upto a year since that result, how you must have felt to have beat us. This year we have Millwall live on Sky on Dec.20th. Sky seem to think watching Cardiff is a nice early gift! :( Also, IF you went up last season do you think you would be doing good?

Also, IF you went up last season do you think you would be doing good?

That will always be the great unknown. At the risk of annoying many, I do not think we'd have done as well as Cardiff. I will temper that though by adding, I don't think you'll finish as high as you are now.

Fav result though? I live in P'boro' and having lost heavily at Posh the previous season, to win 3-1 here made it a pleasant ride home on the bus! :Party27:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Beating you lot at ours - First game the mrs has been to at Ashton Gate so some start!

If we'd gone up who knows how we'd be doing now. Who knows what type of money we'd of been able to spend ect.

Sky do seem to like showing you lot. I think it's because they wanna catch aggro on cameras, but that is the cynical view

Not a result as such, but best 5 minutes was leading at Luton 2-1. Fo the first time that season I really really believed we were going to get 2nd place.

The rest as they say is history....

That is unbelievable, but I thought I was the only person that thought that!

That 5, or to be accurate 7, minutes were the most incredible 7 minutes I've ever had watching City. It was for me, too, the first time all season that I genuinely believed we would go up in 2nd place. The 5 minutes at Mansfield were great and everything, but Peacock's goal to put us 2-1 up (while both Crewe and Cardiff were losing) triggered the most amazing celebrations in a crowd I've ever been part of. It went ape, to say the least.

The noise was unbarably amazing for those 7 minutes, in which Beadle missed a complete sitter which would've put us 3-1 and most likely secured the win. And as you rightly point out, the rest is history.

The best result though was beating Cardiff before Christmas, I was desperate to win that game, and we did.

Mansfield every time. I doubt I will see a most perfect match again like it in my lifetime

I think i'll second that.

The best game i have and will ever see!

1500 city fans, th luckiest people alive. Nothing will ever beat that!

That is unbelievable, but I thought I was the only person that thought that!

That 5, or to be accurate 7, minutes were the most incredible 7 minutes I've ever had watching City. It was for me, too, the first time all season that I genuinely believed we would go up in 2nd place. The 5 minutes at Mansfield were great and everything, but Peacock's goal to put us 2-1 up (while both Crewe and Cardiff were losing) triggered the most amazing celebrations in a crowd I've ever been part of. It went ape, to say the least.

The noise was unbarably amazing for those 7 minutes, in which Beadle missed a complete sitter which would've put us 3-1 and most likely secured the win. And as you rightly point out, the rest is history.

The best result though was beating Cardiff before Christmas, I was desperate to win that game, and we did.

I was talking about this just the other day and would go so far as to say that Luton was one of my favourite experiences of all tim. We were all just SO happy for that five minutes...

Excellent!

Guest cidergeorge

Lots of good games last season. What about the last 3-4 minutes as Port Vale when Lita turned their defender and popped the ball into the top left......2-1 to the City!!!!!!!!

'have it

Lots of good games last season. What about the last 3-4 minutes as Port Vale when Lita turned their defender and popped the ball into the top left......2-1 to the City!!!!!!!!

'have it

3-2 to City but I know what you mean. The thing that made it special was that they had equalised the minute before - what a contrasts of emotions.

As said above there were many exciting games last season - nothing can top Mansfield though.

You compare the excitement from the games that we were invloved in to those from this season.

Mansfield every time. I doubt I will see a most perfect match again like it in my lifetime

yeah same here mansfield was the best come back i've seen a city

team do apart from mabe citys great escape in the old first division

at coventry , but i did also enjoy the 2 league games against cardiff

that was quality :(

Yeah, Terpin's right, you can hardly compare our drab performances to those stunning games last season, apart From Grimsby and Barnsley at home.

Sitting in my H block seat, only to see City dominate, but get nowhere against Grimsby, and Christian Roberts who came in for alot of stick pops the ball over the keeper and in.

Barnsley where we saw just what Lee Miller can do - And i believe will do for a very long time. :(

Archived