IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 19

havanatopia

We will lose games, but let it be known that we CAN come back to win them. This is a strong squad that can turn things around. We have different tactical options. This is a tough league, it won't always go our way, but we have enough to fight our corner and hold our own. We move forward.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Slight difference, but yeah. If you're referring to 1999, they were only 1-0 down, and they conceded that goal early on. If we'd conceded the second goal on 85 minutes, I'd ALMOST be prepared to say game over.

They were only 1-0 down but point being you can score two goals very late! Anyway who cares right now!!! Have a pleasant evening!

• Like 1

Just now, JonDolman said:

Most amazing fight back I can ever remember as a City fan! How could we be that awful, and then that good? Brilliant once we got the our first and held on comfortably. Brownhill absolutely outstanding. What a talent

I only discovered the stream at 2-0 so I can only assume we were brilliant all afternoon and dreadfully unlucky to be two down!

• Like 1

Jesus I only checked a little while ago and we were 2-0 down. What a bloody result!!!! :clap:

Don't want to get carried away but there is a hint of the promotion team with this group of players. Never know when to give up.

:clapping:

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

What we lack in quality at times is more than made up for in sheer guts, determination and fight. Nobody can say the team are short changing ya this season.

Performances like Preston and the first hour today where we just weren’t playing very well should be forgiven when we have a team that is consistently showing it will fight to the end.

With a relatively young team like ours the quality won’t always be there. But if you have got a group of players who will scrap for points you have half a chance!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

We will lose games, but let it be known that we CAN come back to win them. 

Meanwhile today's visitors at over at Ewood Park may post; "We will lose games, but let it be known that we CAN WILL come back to win lose them. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Most amazing fight back I can ever remember as a City fan! How could we be that awful, and then that good? Brilliant once we got the our first and held on comfortably. Brownhill absolutely outstanding. What a talent

I know, good manager decision to make the change at half time after spotting our weakness and theirs too?

Takes a good manager to spot these things and a brave one to make the change, then its up to the lads and omdf did they do themselves and the fans proud 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

After resurrecting PNE, we're doing the same with H**l... :unsure:

...or maybe NOT!  :whistle: :laughcont: :city:

A fantastic team reaction after their 2nd goal, resulted in a brilliant come-back!  :clap:

Good points, great character, but we didn't play well, especially in defence...and CO'D injury is another worry.

15 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Went to feed the dogs and this happens

Did the same with mine and missed all City's goals.

That is quite a turnaround, to say the least. Fair play to the boys and the coaches.

Hull manager sacked tonight? After all, "Bristol City are nothing special".

Have read a few suggesting we were/are in a slump.

Coming into this month how many would have happily taken 7 points from the 4 games in  November that  included away at Wednesday and Hull and home against Cardiff?

Makes the Preston game even more frustrating and annoying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Every game I go to , always do 3-2 both ways. £65 in the pocket a few beers for the train home 

I don't think we can underestimate how crucially important those 3 points were for us today and tribute must go to you and the rest of the City fans at the game; what a fabulous noise you made so take a huge bow mate because you WERE instrumental in getting City back in to the game and once that first goal went in it was virtually all one way traffic.

Come the end of the season we may look back at this result and say this was the day that not only did we sack the Ruskie but it was when we stayed comfortably in the play off zone instead of looking over our shoulder.

For me quite probably the most satisfying result of this campaign so far.

• Like 3