IGNORED

Run Over

Bristol Boy

People often say that you learn more from a defeat than a victory and our recent "run" of two league wins is over.

We seemed to have more than enough possession and more than enough chances, but couldn't convert.

I still say we need a pacy wide right player (KA was injured again) who can score and we'll definetly need to bring in a central midfielder when Wilkshire is mssing in January, unless we want to go back to the static Burnell & Doherty combo.

Barring injuries to key players, two would be enough, although I still think a top two finish is totally out of the question, without those signings.

I'm not being negative, just realistic.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

It does look like we do need a pacey right sided player, and a player to replace Wilkshire when he is away. However I can only see one player being brought in, which will be on loan, and will be a right sided player. Danny will play Burnell or Tommy when Wilkshire is away, and this could possibly see us reverting to the dire, unimaginative football we witnessed untill lately.

Maybe we're just panicing and this will not happen. Who knows, maybe Clist will see some action come January.

But a pacey right midfielder is a must

Sorry, I disagree.

I think we need a forward to accompany Miller, who is accurate and able to convert chances.

Our problem is a lack of goals, not pacy wing play and decent crosses.

We had plenty of opportunities today and didn't score. For me, that means something wrong with the target men.

Maybe we're just panicing ...

It never ceases to amaze me how City fans react to a defeat.

City were the better side today and only had themselves to blame for not getting a result.

Its not the end of City's promotion campaign nor should Wilson be sacked or Scott Murray be re-signed.

4 defeats in 19 isn't so bad.

Guest KirstyF

Just got back from the game, and even my friend who went to the game with me who doesn't support City said that we played better, so I think it was partly down to bad luck.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"It never ceases to amaze me how City fans react to a defeat."

But that was nothing about losing today - By all accounts we were unlucky.

I was refering to January, maybe you should take things in context.

City were the better side today and only had themselves to blame for not getting a result.

4 defeats in 19 isn't so bad.

It's not the defeats, it's the draws and, until very recently, the standard of performance.

We can't wait another three months for DW to suss out what lots of us know already and the best time to strengthen is when you're confident and winning.

We've got an opportunity to bring in one or two, so let's do it.LW's disapperance in January will be a blow, but at least, nlike an injury, we can plan for it.

I agree, it's not the results this season that have been only bad, I wouldn't be worried if the performances were good and we were drawing, because I'd know we would eventually turn it around and start winning games. Even when we beat Barnsley I wasn't impressed with the performance, I knew we would lose against Blackpool and I still ain't convinced we are good enough to make the top six without a player in the type of Mark Robins.

Archived