IGNORED

We're here, we're there, we're every-****ingwhere...

LondonBristolian

I read the Guardian's weekend football preview this morning. Despite being out the FA Cup, we are mentioned under 1 and 2...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/26/fa-cup-fourth-round-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

I turned on the TV tonight for the Yeovil game and Lee Johnson was being interviewed and a few times this season I've seen cartoons, blogs and web features about our goal celebrations and we've been on TV umpteen times since early December. I genuinely cannot remember a time where I've seen Bristol City referred to, featured or mentioned in passing.

We've gone from the team everyone ignores on Football on 5 to a level of profile and coverage I cannot remember in all my time as a City fan.

This is brilliant! Long may it continue...

Certainly helps having a number of Bristol City fans who are prominent journalists / media people; Ben Fisher who wrote Point 1 & 2 on the Guardian piece is self-proclaimed (and also appears on Football Weekly podcast a couple of times). 

When it's going well for us then it's always easier to slip us in as a related aside I guess.

Archived