IGNORED

Injury update

Jerseybean

LJ has confirmed that Matty Taylor needs a hernia op and given an update on our injured players: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/taylor-set-to-have-hernia-operation/

Really has been a bad season for lengthy injuries. Hopefully all those under treatment will be fully fit and able to feature in the coming months.

Injuries are an aspect of the game that rarely gets discussed, it must be very difficult and frustrating for the players who are sidelined. 

I was expecting a lot better news on the injury front and expected a few nearing full fitness after the last update but found today's feedback slightly worrying and on top of that a 3 game ban for Baker. If we picked up a couple of injuries in the next couple of games then we could be struggling again

"As for the longer-term pair of Hegeler, O'Dowda and Djuric, Johnson added: "They're further away. Both are progressing well and healing well but they have longer-term injuries so we don't expect to see them in February."

I always thought Hegeler, O'Dowda and Djuric were three players. Maybe it was an optical illusion.

Shame about O’Dowda particularly. He’s the only one that I think would make a really positive impact to our current starting XI.

Hegeler/O’Neill not absolutely essential with the cover we’ve got. Djuric is class, but, again, we’ve been bolstered by Fammy and Diony. And Steele is good foil for Fielding. 

Archived