IGNORED

Sorry Gaffer, it’s too cold

You Do The Dziekanowski

It’s all doom and gloom on here but here’s something to cheer you up.

In the last 4 years we have had an extremely strong end to the season. 

Lets go back to the horrible days of the 13/14 season. We were bottom of the table   Cotts joined in December and even then during the cold winter months we struggled. All of a sudden, the sun starting shining and we lost 2 from the 4th Feb until the end of the season. (Sheff U - A and Rotherham - A) propelling is up the table 

14/15 season - A year where we dominated league 1. But even then during the coldest times of the season we hit a bad patch, a season where we lost 5 times 3 of these came between December 20th and February 21st (The other two came in November, another cold month) we all know how we finished that season.

15/16 season - Optimism from the off, soon turned to disappointment. Albeit the whole season was bad we went from the 28th November to the 30th Jan picking up 9 points from 12 games. LJ came in and we shot up the table avoiding relegation easily.

16/17 Season - One to forget, again full of optimism. Play off places and looking strong in October. The we all know what happened. Loss after loss after loss. Luckily when the weather was warmer we started playing again. Beating Huddersfield comfortably and p*ssing on Brighton’s parade. Again stayed up with ease... 

17/18 season - Much like last we have found a tricky patch, we’re still picking up points and with a strong finish, as we usually do when those single figure temps go away, we’ll be easily in 2nd place 

You Reds!!!! 

:chant6ez:

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

It’s all doom and gloom on here but here’s something to cheer you up.

In the last 4 years we have had an extremely strong end to the season. 

Lets go back to the horrible days of the 13/14 season. We were bottom of the table   Cotts joined in December and even then during the cold winter months we struggled. All of a sudden, the sun starting shining and we lost 2 from the 4th Feb until the end of the season. (Sheff U - A and Rotherham - A) propelling is up the table 

14/15 season - A year where we dominated league 1. But even then during the coldest times of the season we hit a bad patch, a season where we lost 5 times 3 of these came between December 20th and February 21st (The other two came in November, another cold month) we all know how we finished that season.

15/16 season - Optimism from the off, soon turned to disappointment. Albeit the whole season was bad we went from the 28th November to the 30th Jan picking up 9 points from 12 games. LJ came in and we shot up the table avoiding relegation easily.

16/17 Season - One to forget, again full of optimism. Play off places and looking strong in October. The we all know what happened. Loss after loss after loss. Luckily when the weather was warmer we started playing again. Beating Huddersfield comfortably and p*ssing on Brighton’s parade. Again stayed up with ease... 

17/18 season - Much like last we have found a tricky patch, we’re still picking up points and with a strong finish, as we usually do when those single figure temps go away, we’ll be easily in 2nd place 

You Reds!!!! 

:chant6ez:

Spot on. I have said this in another thread. We tend to struggle for consistency in the cold months. Maybe everybody does a bit? It has been noticable as a city fan tho. 

3 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Instead of trips to Spain and Portugal in the summer a trip to Alaska or Greenland should sort it out. Not sure they have many teams though so friendlies will be hard to come by. 

I imagine the Greenland Pools Panel are very busy people!   :laughcont:

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I imagine the Greenland Pools Panel are very busy people!   :laughcont:

Probably have all the fixtures played one after the other in the local sports hall :P 

‘The GPLFASL’ or ‘Greenland Premier League Five-a-Side League’ for short. 

Pools panel convene in the squash courts. 

Funnily enough I was wondering if there were any parallels with that shocking performance at Colchester in the season that we got promoted.

Pretty sure it was same time of year? They were down the bottom, our form was a bit iffy and everyone banked it as the kick start we needed.

Instead we played terribly and lost. After the shock of the result and re-grouping, we never lost again and romped home. Clutching a bit here. :fingerscrossed:

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Olé sometimes it is the little things, like you’ve suggested, that galvanise the team.  I’m hoping a re-group in Dubai is that thing.  Get AG back to bring a fortress again, regular 3 points at home will give us confidence away.

I hope so too, I just have an awful feeling about Sunderland now, I'm not a pessimist, but this is Bristol City, with the shocking form they are on, it would be just like us to get stage fright for that one too, or them to suddenly turn into Real Madrid. 

Archived