IGNORED

The Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread 32

havanatopia

More than happy with a point V Leeds and our current position. Just think how Sunderland , Hull, Leeds, Ipswich, Norwich and Mboro fans are feeling ??? We are punching above our weight but are doing very well thank you. Fulham and Cardiff both expected to beat us....lets see what happens. Love it.My glass is half full....how about yours ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I don't blame Johnson, we were cruising at 2-0 and nothing was changed, then the bottle jobs threw it away. It's a mental thing and the manager doesn't get to change that when the game is in full throw. The players need to take blame for this  and realise ther let the fans down as well as the manager.

bang on, today was definitely not lees fault, the players just fell apart again. 

44 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Were having a pretty good season is correct. We are not now. We are sinking and need to sort ourselves out before we fall massively away from the playoffs and a major disappointment.

We didn’t sink today.  We increased our points total by one and consolidated our position in the play-off zone.  I’m reasonably pleased with that.

No it's not a blame the ref post, but what the hell is going on at the moment? Do they have any regular training sessions, as in - reviewing decisions from the last month in a "what would you do in this situation?" like in training sessions in other occupations. In the Bolton game we could have had a penalty against the goal keeper, in todays match Maggers quite rightly was jumping for the ball and the referee gives a free kick to the goal keeper! Flint and Diedieu are regularly wrestled in the box but that goes unseen. Todays referee seemed very reluctant to hand out any cards in the first half and only managed a yellow for Pennington and another for a simulated dive, a rarity in itself. He then proceeded to book 3 city players for fairly minor offences. To me it doesn't matter how many laws there are in the game if they are all going to be interpreted at the whim of individual officials. Surely referees aren't so fragile that they can't compare their decisions with other referees? 

When Leeds brought on a winger and a forward, I was screeming to learn from the Sunderland game and swap Fam for a midfielder to counteract it and stifle their play.

He left it way too long when everyone could see that they were going for it with nothing to lose and looking likely to score.

Great first half but why oh why Lee did you learn nothing from the Sunderland game.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Here's the thing, 2 games and a 3 goal and a 2 goal lead thrown away just like god knows how many times last season.

We have signed around 11 players since last season and only 2 of those 11 started in both games, coincidence?, just saying.

The core of our side ( and it is pleasing to say) is our L1 side. When people talk of players being signed by other clubs, it is those players who get mentioned. LJ tried to rip it apart last year and got in mess. He learnt his lesson and got them playing together , with great spirit in a new way and results have been great. Forget the last few games, people got ahead of themselves and started thinking " we are a Prem club in waiting" That was ridiculous , we had just had two years of relegation battles, and a coach learning his way in the game. Top ten this year will be a great result, and a great platform to progress next season. 

Today and the Sunderland game tells you we are far from ready for promotion. You learn to take the points, we saw that clearly in our last promotion, we saw Newcastle do it last year. We have not got that skill yet, but it will come. 

Finally Kent, a quicker fitter Tomlin. Some awful selfish play and no end result. Our transfer ability is really still nowhere near up to the mark, the list from last January to the last window leaves a lot to be desired. You never get them all right, no matter what club you are at, but our list of players unable to trouble the first team is far far too long. The success level needs to increase. I cannot be bothered to write it out, but the list of players signed under LJ is quite extraordinary , then add in the loan players. LJ needs better material. 

• Like 1

I',M a big fan of LJ.......................But what a huge pragmatic pile of bollocks, we should have walked away with the 3 points, we  DO NOT Have the cojones required to win games of this nature, come on u wet farts, and show some character.........feckin Leeds, **** off

To close out games, we need players who can put 100% in for 90mins (exception Bobby who is always busting a gut). Midfield was over ran in last 20mins, need to close ranks and up the thinking.

We’re still in the mix, with players coming back. Lets get behind them and up vocal support v Fulham.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Tell me if i’m wrong, but weren’t there eleven other players out there?

yes who were being totally outclassed for 65 mins much like the sunderland game, can you explain the total change in both games at almost the same point in the game?

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Here's the thing, 2 games and a 3 goal and a 2 goal lead thrown away just like god knows how many times last season.

We have signed around 11 players since last season and only 2 of those 11 started in both games, coincidence?, just saying.

like this once with an emoji, deserves more than that so give yourself 5 likes from me!!

9 hours ago, maxjak said:

Sort it  out  LJ.............Your a fine young cannibal, but you need to knock some heads together, we have ability and teamwork, but 3-0 and 2-0.....and 2 points.....NOT Good enough, get yer frigging act together........or sort out your tactics

I think it is no coincidence that these results happened while we were without Baker.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

While you continue to twist my words and spread lies I will use foul language. The ball is in your court.

So you have stated on here your intention to use foul language which is against the Forum’s guidelines, so you’re risking a ban or suspension from here. Are you unable to communicate without using such language? It’s unnecessary and abusive. Why not just don’t do it?

I don’t ‘spread lies’ I just give my opinion. It’s a forum for debate, don’t be so dramatic...

14 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

@mods 

Any chance I could get a weeks ban?

I should probably have a break before I overstep the mark but I dont have the self control to keep myself away.

Extend it for another week if we **** up against Cardiff.

I had a self imposed break from the forum fairly recently.

I'd recommend it - every regular poster should do it now and again imo.

All the more so if you're finding much of your time on OTIB is just spent arguing with others posters.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Midred said:

No it's not a blame the ref post, but what the hell is going on at the moment? Do they have any regular training sessions, as in - reviewing decisions from the last month in a "what would you do in this situation?" like in training sessions in other occupations. In the Bolton game we could have had a penalty against the goal keeper, in todays match Maggers quite rightly was jumping for the ball and the referee gives a free kick to the goal keeper! Flint and Diedieu are regularly wrestled in the box but that goes unseen. Todays referee seemed very reluctant to hand out any cards in the first half and only managed a yellow for Pennington and another for a simulated dive, a rarity in itself. He then proceeded to book 3 city players for fairly minor offences. To me it doesn't matter how many laws there are in the game if they are all going to be interpreted at the whim of individual officials. Surely referees aren't so fragile that they can't compare their decisions with other referees? 

He didn't give a penalty for Magger's shirt pull on their player .

14 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:
13 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

the list of players signed under LJ is quite extraordinary , then add in the loan players. LJ needs better material. 

The above posts seem to me to indicate that our recruitment policy is poor to say the least. I too have been underwhelmed by the quality brought in, too often on the pretext that "they are the future".

Lee Johnson has the title "Head Coach" not Manager. Considering how many have been signed (an unprecedented number in my long experience of the Club) a thought occurs. Could it be that recruitment is undertaken by others, Mark Ashton, scouts, etc., and the Head Coach is then expected to build his team from the players he is given. Before the keyboard warriors burst a blood vessel and reach for the "rubbish" key I would point out that it does happen.

4 minutes ago, jayjay said:

The above posts seem to me to indicate that our recruitment policy is poor to say the least. I too have been underwhelmed by the quality brought in, too often on the pretext that "they are the future".

Lee Johnson has the title "Head Coach" not Manager. Considering how many have been signed (an unprecedented number in my long experience of the Club) a thought occurs. Could it be that recruitment is undertaken by others, Mark Ashton, scouts, etc., and the Head Coach is then expected to build his team from the players he is given. Before the keyboard warriors burst a blood vessel and reach for the "rubbish" key I would point out that it does happen.

I imagine the scouting team are involved, as they should be, but id be very surprised if LJ didn't have the final say.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I imagine the scouting team are involved, as they should be, but id be very surprised if LJ didn't have the final say.

I would sincerely hope you are right but I would then ask why do so many appear to be not to his liking?

Gutted we allowed yet another comeback but overall happy with an away point at Elland Road against a team with a new manager.  

We need to sort our defence out and perhaps Baker’s return will do that. Scoring goals isn’t a problem for us (vs Bolton excepted) but stupid and panicky defending is - although to be fair 2 of the Sunderland goals last week were utter flukes that they won’t recreate again in 100 seasons.