IGNORED

The official non-matchday thread

Major Isewater

So a big day today, a pivotal moment in the season where Mrs Isewater will go to Ikea .

There will surely be temper tantrums, the usual childish crying and kicking but she's used to me by now .

My neighbour is back from injury , torn nail , and we should make a formidable Back two in our Kia .

With Mrs I upfront driving us on and Mrs Neighbour coaxing from the wing .

We are anticipating a big attendance so get there early .

COYR

Here in Peterborough there are several Police cars parked up with pairs of coppers in each. Are the gas bringing a "firm" here today? 

On the other hand, the car park nearest the ground is shut today as the fair is in town and they've set up there. Presumably a low visiting fan attendance expected. 

Remembering who scored a hat trick for PUFC at the Mem earlier this season, I'll take the opportunity to remind gasheads who wish to stay here overnight, it's only a ten minute drive from London Road to the Marriott Hotel.

15 minutes ago, 22A said:

Here in Peterborough there are several Police cars parked up with pairs of coppers in each. Are the gas bringing a "firm" here today? 

On the other hand, the car park nearest the ground is shut today as the fair is in town and they've set up there. Presumably a low visiting fan attendance expected. 

Remembering who scored a hat trick for PUFC at the Mem earlier this season, I'll take the opportunity to remind gasheads who wish to stay here overnight, it's only a ten minute drive from London Road to the Marriott Hotel.

Posh seem in generally good form, lost last time out but 3 consecutive wins before that, and generally on the up.

Without a couple of regulars due to suspension and international call ups by the looks of it but so are Rovers so hopefully that evens itself out and a well deserved thrashing for the gas will be the happy outcome.

I hear Ikea are bringing in a couple of beards on loan for today's clash, Major. A flat pack four seems to be the way forward. Maybe the Evil Post will have a reporter there to cover the decisive moments.

In other news, it's a Toolstation game for me today.

41 minutes ago, 22A said:

With regards to the Gas, shouldn't that be the Circus is in town :laugh:

40 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Building a shed here.

I expect my garden shed will be bigger than the methane ground.

With white plastic patio chairs installed in & around it giving a view of the lawn grass? How will you cope with thousands locked outside of your garden?

53 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Not yet, these things take time.

I am looking at installing a sprinkler system over the summer.

..that's one way of explaining away the potential, hard to locate, mystery hole in the roof, good thinking mate, get the excuses in early! :) 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

With white plastic patio chairs installed in & around it giving a view of the lawn grass? How will you cope with thousands locked outside of your garden?

It's a bit more upmarket than the methane, I have teak loungers.

The thousands locked out will be like the gas thousands - imaginary.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

So a big day today, a pivotal moment in the season where Mrs Isewater will go to Ikea .

There will surely be temper tantrums, the usual childish crying and kicking but she's used to me by now .

My neighbour is back from injury , torn nail , and we should make a formidable Back two in our Kia .

COYR

Les hope she doesn’t come back with a couple of Swedes and a bench.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

COYR

Is there a live stream?

47 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Mrs Downend and me are taking a mid season break in St Ives for some warm weather training.

None of this mamby pamby Dubai stuff for us!

After training get thee to The Sloop Inn DC.

In fact may as well forget the training.:yawn::yes:

2 hours ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Oxford and Cambridge in the final yet again

BBC only screen this every year as so many of their Executives went to one of the two Unis. Won't be any celebrating in either Oxford or cambridge tonight thoiugh as both Unis are now on half term holiday and all the students have gone home for a few weeks.

What really annoys other unis is that people think the Oxbridge pair are the best. However when the University rowing championships take place Durham & Loughborough regularly finish way ahead of the elite pair.

I'm sure though the race always started about 2.00pm. Over the PA system at the gate the result would be announced about 2.30ish and different sections of the East End would chant "Oxford" and "Cambridge".

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

COYR

Where is your nearest IKEA Major? 

When wife and I lived in Portugal, we went on holiday in Sevilla . On the way home, with me planning to fill the boot with plenty of Rioja, my other half spotted an IKEA on outskirts of Sevilla. 

Wifey filled the boot with two easy chairs leaving no room for the delicious red Rioja. Major, we cannot win, can we? 

30 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Where is your nearest IKEA Major? 

When wife and I lived in Portugal, we went on holiday in Sevilla . On the way home, with me planning to fill the boot with plenty of Rioja, my other half spotted an IKEA on outskirts of Sevilla. 

Wifey filled the boot with two easy chairs leaving no room for the delicious red Rioja. Major, we cannot win, can we? 

Where is my nearest IKEA ? 

That depends where I am . 

We haven't lost ground in the play off race today . 

On 3/24/2018 at 18:23, Nogbad the Bad said:

After training get thee to The Sloop Inn DC.

In fact may as well forget the training.:yawn::yes:

Your wish is my command oh master! 

Enjoyed a very nice "proper" Cornish cider at a little watering hole in Lelant today - advertised as being an isotonic sports drink providing carbohydrates and electrolytes to enhance hydration and help maintain performance during prolonged endurance excercise - so I thought it ideal to go with the warm weather training. 

Mind you I may have mixed it up with the Lucozade on the drinks menu!

P.S. The grandchildren provided the training and they were impressed with Grandpa having apple juice - the same as them :)

Sloop.jpg

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

Your wish is my command oh master! 

Enjoyed a very nice "proper" Cornish cider at a little watering hole in Lelant today - advertised as being an isotonic sports drink providing carbohydrates and electrolytes to enhance hydration and help maintain performance during prolonged endurance excercise - so I thought it ideal to go with the warm weather training. 

Mind you I may have mixed it up with the Lucozade on the drinks menu!

P.S. The grandchildren provided the training and they were impressed with Grandpa having apple juice - the same as them :)

Sloop.jpg

Great pic. DC, as popular as a great old pub should be. Are they still doing the meat raffles?

Anyway, your grandchildren wouldn't be too impressed with me then.

If I was on holiday and visiting a pub in Lelant - the Badger Inn? - I'd give the apple juice a miss and treat myself to a pint of Hick's Special Draught.:yes:

Edit, completely misread your post, looks like you were all on the cider and your grandchildren are older than I thought. I'd still be on the HSD though.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Great pic. DC, as popular as a great old pub should be. Are they still doing the meat raffles?

Anyway, your grandchildren wouldn't be too impressed with me then.

If I was on holiday and visiting a pub in Lelant - the Badger Inn? - I'd give the apple juice a miss and treat myself to a pint of Hick's Special Draught.:yes:

Haven't been in the Sloop on this visit - as yet - so not sure about the meat rifles.!

Went to Lelant on the train because grandkids love trains.  Have been to the Badger on previous visits, but this time went to a wine bar type place near to the garden centre.  Excellent good lunch and son and daughter-in-law liked the very extensive gin menu ( 3 pages of different gins including a whole page of Cornish gins!!!). Limited cider choices and cant remember the name of my choice I'm afraid to say -  I enjoy a good cider when "back home" in the west country but wouldn't class myself  as an aficionado. 

Archived