IGNORED

How must the players feel?

Jerseybean

After such a woeful performance as today’s along with recent poor performances I genuinely wonder how City players must feel? 

I only ever played football at a lowly level but always hated losing and playing poorly. Clearly many City fans are (to put it mildly) very angry and disappointed. What are the players feeling?

If there are any current or ex-professionals on OTIB I would really like to understand what it feels like as a player after a performance like today’s.

I guess they feel the opposite of when every fan is chanting their names, getting media attention and being treated like heros by the fans. When they perform well they must feel like they are walking on water, when they perform like they did recently (not only yesterday) they must feel like they are drowning in the same water.

I don’t feel sorry for them, they have had very little booing or critism on the whole. The fans have been very patient, but if they don’t know or accept yesterday’s performance isn’t acceptable from professional players they are in the wrong job.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Hopefully they feel that they owe us a response and give 100% im the remaining games.

Perhaps. But they shouldn’t need to feel like that. They should be up for every game, they are approaching the back end of a successful season on the whole. They looked like a pub team who were a few players short who gave games to spectators. No pride, no passion, just going through the motions, well not even that good. They for whatever reason lost their belief.

I think we can all take losing, if we had been out fought mentally and physically by the opposition but still tried that would have been acceptable. We weren’t even unlucky, or couldn’t  particularly blame the Ref for dodgy decisions. We were awful and only had ourselves to blame, and by blame its collectively as a club, players and manager failed to prepare for this one. 

As for the fans, I didn’t boo but stayed silent at half time and full time, but I expected boos and was right. Horrible to see Wright and Kent booed but not surprised either. I think fans have been very patient as we have had some pretty poor performances lately, especially away. But now these are happening at home too it’s the final straw for many. 

13 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

After such a woeful performance as today’s along with recent poor performances I genuinely wonder how City players must feel? 

I only ever played football at a lowly level but always hated losing and playing poorly. Clearly many City fans are (to put it mildly) very angry and disappointed. What are the players feeling?

If there are any current or ex-professionals on OTIB I would really like to understand what it feels like as a player after a performance like today’s.

I'm sure they were crying into the 5k + weeky salaries

They will allbe thinking that they will all have jobs with BCFC next year in the Championship, with most getting regular games, rather than some losing their places in the Premiership.

Maybe Joe, Bobby and Aden will be thinking about lucrative signing on fees and pay rises when they get a transfer in the close season.

42 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Might be a bit harsh but am I the only one when I see this title thinking

’ I couldn’t really give a flying ***** what they think’

after that 

:whistle:

Embarrassed I would hope.

Archived