IGNORED

Euro 2004 Draw

myoudale

Not really that bad a group for us......Croatia, Switzerland and FRANCE.

Why did we have to get them in our group, although, if we gotta play them, we may as well get it over and done with early :(

Am I right in saying that the top 2 from each group go through??

If that's the case, I'm more than confident that we will go through.

Quite happy with the draw as it means Oporto will not be hosting England's "fans", consequently I should not be treated like a criminal for my week out there.

Not displeased with how my tickets have turned out:

Germany v Holland

Greece v Spain

Italy v Sweden

Latvia v Germany

Still time to find a Latvian who's stuck with a ticket for Holland v Czech Rep on same day!

On our day England can beat most teams. If it wasn't for Ronaldinho and Seaman we may even have beaten the eventual winners of the world cup Brazil.

Remember we have only lost one competive game under Eriksson, and that was the Brazil game.

Guest pogue mahone

here's a euro 2004 spreadsheet to play with at work tomorrow

This is actually a pretty nice draw. Group A is probably the weakest, I can't help getting the feeling that Russia are going to get a pasting off Spain, and maybe struggle against Portugal. The three of them are skillful teams with a weak centre, but Spain have more power through the middle, and portugal and spain just have better players than Russia.

I'm really looking forward to group B though. That should have some cracking matches. I think that England have a very very good chance against France. Our defenders are going to be drawn from man utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. Pires and Henry aren't going to be doing anything that they haven't seen before, and I reckon that Trezeguet won't pose too many problems. Zidane might be another issue though. God help us if we get injuries though. That and England will probably want it a small bit more.

I reckon the only reason to watch group c is if the Danes play 4-2-4 again. otherwise it looks like being incredibly tedious. But group D looks like a right cracker. I hope the czechs win, but I can't help feeling that injuries could hurt them more than the germans or dutch.

Predicted QFs:

Portugal v England

Italy v Czechia

France v Spain

Holland v Bulgaria

Guest east_dundry_red

France who?

See this is the difference between rugby and football. When the England rugby team went into the world cup they feard NO ONE.

The football side think."OH NO FRANCE!"

How about they shut up and get on with it? Fear no one.

• Admin
France who?

See this is the difference between rugby and football. When the England rugby team went into the world cup they feard NO ONE.

The football side think."OH NO FRANCE!"

How about they shut up and get on with it? Fear no one.

Exactly, they're not even top of our National League, why should we fear them! :(

I think the draw is great as I have tickets for all 3 england games (How lucky is that) as well as having tickets for games such as Germany v Holland, Germany v Czech and Italy v Sweden

You might want to check the UEFA site as the venues for Germany v Holland and England v Croatia have been switched to Oporto (Drago)

On our day England can beat most teams. If it wasn't for Ronaldinho and Seaman we may even have beaten the eventual winners of the world cup Brazil.

i think it was true what gary neville said they only wanted to swap shirts at the end of the game but we could of beat them if we kept concentration

i think it was true what gary neville said they only wanted to swap shirts at the end of the game but we could of beat them if we kept concentration

Well you can't really swap shirts during the game can you :(

Guest pogue mahone

For those who plan to be in Lisbon on the 13th for the France game, I've just found out that Lisbon's version of Notting Hill Carnival is also on this day and the streets will be awash with fine young Lisboetas wearing next to nothing and dancing in the streets of Avenida de Libedade whilst the hoolies go nuts far far away in Cais de Sodre (no doubts the police will be hoping this as well).

So, warning in advance, if you want to enjoy the day, and I've just been told it's and incredible day/festa, then it's advisable to leave the flag of st. george in the hotel.

The other horrible conotation is that the hoolies could see the opportunity of the whole of Lisbon partying on the streets as excellent opportunity to tear the ###### out of one of the most beautiful city centres in the world.

Actually German/Dutch rivalry, from German point of view goes back to Rijkhards(?) gobbing at Rudi Voller, although the cloggies have the wartime thang going, but the point I was making is the brain dead Engerland fans hate Germans so much, and they will go help the Dutch braindead cause hell, on the German Brain deads, thereby bringing all three countries fans into the light, most of whom are decent fans who can have a laugh, which enjoying football.

Beleive me while living in Germany, when English sides came to play, and listening to the racist ###### coming from the English braindeads (Not so much in the grounds-more outside) if said against Asian/Black/Irish people would get charges placed, resulting in prison sentences. It got very interesting!!

Some of their German braindeads did get nicked for it, but due to slap on the wrist sentences (and smug bloody lawyers!), unfortunately it doesnt stop them, but the problem is taken more seriously there, cos most hooligans are seig heiling muppets. They are a tiny part of the total support like it is here, but they will always be the ones remembered!

Normal fans are pretty like we are putting up with ###### football, and Man U...sorry Bayern winning the league most years, and more Bayern fans outside Bayern, because like Man Ure they are all glory hunters. Schalke 04 are the Milwall of German football, and as popular, but unlike Milwall, they are a top flight side, but evil fans. Dortmund are like Arsenal, always the bridesmaid, great ground for singing in.

Dutch football, is a different kettle of fish, much more violent never fancied going there regularly.

Archived