IGNORED

New Balls Please

Guest oldfield

Guest oldfield

When will action be taken against clubs who use ball boys placed around the ground, with extra balls, which suddenly vanish at the sight of a home lead ?

Saturday was one of the most blatant in a long time, as it took quite a while at one point until the fourth official, sent a ball in from the halfway line.

I have no problem with the use of extra balls as this keeps the game moving, which can only be good for the watching fans.

But considering City have been stopped once this season already for the over enthusiastic introduction of balls from ball boys.

Measures should be taken to ensure there use is constant for the the full 90mins.

It's not just the ball boys who have to be watched at B'pool. Over the years visiting teams have regularly complained about the Stewards. If the visitors are awarded a pen, the Stewards go behind the goal and jump about to distract the kicker. The BBC even highlighted this once on MOTD. Nothing's ever been done about it though.

I thought there was directive from either the FA or FL that it was fine to have the ball boy's with the extra ball's and towels (for drying the balls off in wet conditions) but only on the basis that it was done equally for both teams, not as has been stated above. :Confused13:

I get fed up with the practice. The ball boys rarely get it right. Where's the sense in the ball tricking over the touchline, and a new one coming on? Oh dear, the ball might be wet when they have to take a throw-in. What are our namby-pamby footballers coming to? Norman Hunter and Gerry Gow would be turning in their driveways

they should try to keep the same ball through the whole game if someone scores a hat trick they get the match ball (there are quite a few of footballs that go onto the pitch so do they get a choice of which ball they have?) anyway back to what was said keep the same ball only changed it if you loss one

Archived