IGNORED

Is this the season of The Snake?

The Original OTIB

Might an alternative interpretation of the transfer activity to date be indicative of being partly pragmatic but, equally, partly evolving  tactical strategy? Our sometimes labored build up and possession for possession's sake last season often did us no favours. Watkins offers shorter, quicker passing centrally, and a front foot instinct, Webster longer, accurate passing from the back. Hopefully this will mean quicker balls into space, on to which Taylor (and maybe Paterson centrally) and hopefully one other, nippy forward can run. I'm sure Diony would have appreciated the same. I for one would welcome this change.

I like Matty and hope he's not part of the Marriot deal if indeed it happens. I know some people don't rate him, but a fit Taylor with the right service could play a big part this coming season. If he doesn't cut it, then as some say time to move him on, but I'd like to see what he can do first when fit.

The other thing that I like is every goal he scores or sets up is like a dagger through the heart of the SAGS which makes me very happy :laugh: 

I want Taylor to do well. I want all of our players to do well.

But something makes me hope he scores 30 by Christmas and then we sell him for a fee that would by a sizeable plot of land in Filton, and build a structure that could see thousands locked out.

Not sure why I keep having these thoughts.

26 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

It’ll be tough for Bobby Reid in the Premiership but I’m sure the Snake will make the step up! 

Give him a break ffs,he wanted to play in the prem and when Cardiff get relegated next season with him having little effect he can join the rovers because they got money and are coming for us by all accounts whatever that means 

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

I like Matty and hope he's not part of the Marriot deal if indeed it happens. I know some people don't rate him, but a fit Taylor with the right service could play a big part this coming season. If he doesn't cut it, then as some say time to move him on, but I'd like to see what he can do first when fit.

The other thing that I like is every goal he scores or sets up is like a dagger through the heart of the SAGS which makes me very happy :laugh: 

I’m one who doesn’t really rate him, but the two games he started with Diedhiou in the cup last season saw me take a different view on what he can offer.  The two looked a really good pairing.....see next.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Taylor wasn't 100% fit at any stage last season, eventually having to go under the knife.

Hopefully he'll have fully recovered and be raring to go come August.

....and if he’s 100% fit I’d be willing to give him a good chance (like any city player).

In some ways, Diedhiou’s injury ought to give him a real chance to stake his claim, but I think it might be Diedhiou who gets the best out of him.

He always seemed sharp last season but not quite fully fit to play more than 45 mins. I strong pre season and hopefully he can kick on for the new season as well. He looked very good partnering Diedhou and wouldn’t be too disappointed with him and Pato playing up top to start next season during Diedhous ban

On 29/06/2018 at 17:37, JonDolman said:

I really like Taylor, but someone said on another thread that we are offering him as part of Marriott deal.

If it goes through, Taylor would be playing against the gas on the season opening day!

Archived