IGNORED

Better Feeling In Defeat

richieb

Having been a little concerned at the way we have progressed (or not as the case maybe), the real concern was the way that we were performing rather than the results.

But I have to say that the recent switch in personel & resulting performances have given rise to an increase in optimisum.

Like most yesterday was a huge disappointment (result), but it's far better to read we gave it a go & created much going forward.

In this game, we will get more from this positive approach than we would if we carried on in the negative approach DW set his stall out with.

I wonder if the decision to put LW & BT in midfield & MH as Captain, was influenced by outside sources?

If not the Forum, certainly an influencial Chairman?

Guest Eddie Hitler

Certainly agree abut the performance, keep playing like that and we go up. The law of averages means we'll always lose the odd game; and win them with a late strike like Barnsley.

As nobody seems to be jumping up and down about the defeat I'd say you're spot on.

Strongly agree with Richieb. So far, most of the performances have been disappointing, whatever the result. The last three games the style of play seems to have been much better, and we have looked like what we should be - too good for much of this league.

If the boys can keep up this level of game for an extended period, I am now pretty confident.

Unfortunately its points that win prizes.

Irrespective of how well we may have played at Blackpool, we got nothing from the game.

What is best, getting a point at Wrexham despite playing badly or going to Blackpool and coming away with nowt?

Unfortunately its points that win prizes. 

Irrespective of how well we may have played at Blackpool, we got nothing from the game. 

What is best, getting a point at Wrexham despite playing badly or going to Blackpool and coming away with nowt?

<br /> Which side of the bed did you get out of?

There is a new smilieness about City, there was on Saturday. 900 turned up 250 miles from home in the full knowledge that they were going to freeze and more than likely p155 wet through sitting in that awful apology of a stand. Six weeks ago I would have made a bet with anyone that no more than 400 would bother the way performances were going.

I thought the Wrexham game was the most negative and boring I had ever seen City play, ever, however, friends tell me they have witnessed worse. The difference from the City then and the one at Blackpool is absolutely light years, if you didn't know it you would not believe that it was the same squad. The only changes I can think of are Hill for Butler (which doesn't alter the style one bit), Amanks for Wilks on the right, Wilks for Doc in the middle and Roberts for Peeks up front. Amazing what a bit of tinkering and a change in thinking can do.

Being a former resident of the Fylde Coast I have been bantering with the Blackpool fans over the past week on their Rivals site (A View From The Terrace) and not one has made a disparaging comment regarding City. To a poster they have said that it was not only the best game they have seen this season but also that City are the best side they have watched (many stating home and away). Considering the appalling conditions the game was played in it is a credit to both sides.

Just to cheer tompo up this dreary morning I will go and find the quotes. Okay it won't win us points from that game but if City had played like Saturday at Wrexham, Oldham, Chesterfield and at home against Luton, Peterborough, Port Vale and others (games I have seen) then I honestly am convinced we would have at least and additional 12 points and therefore would be clear at the top of this division.

If we play this style for the remainder of the season I can see us taking at least 15 points we would not have gained playing the negative style of previously.

A massive bonus is the feel good factor. How many had that just 4 weeks ago? The support will turn up at away games if we are playing attractive positive football but more importantly it will also lead to increased attendances at home and that is so important to the finances of the club.

<br /> Which side of the bed did you get out of?

There is a new smilieness about City, there was on Saturday. 900 turned up 250 miles from home in the full knowledge that they were going to freeze and more than likely p155 wet through sitting in that awful apology of a stand. Six weeks ago I would have made a bet with anyone that no more than 400 would bother the way performances were going.

I thought the Wrexham game was the most negative and boring I had ever seen City play, ever, however, friends tell me they have witnessed worse. The difference from the City then and the one at Blackpool is absolutely light years, if you didn't know it you would not believe that it was the same squad. The only changes I can think of are Hill for Butler (which doesn't alter the style one bit), Amanks for Wilks on the right, Wilks for Doc in the middle and Roberts for Peeks up front. Amazing what a bit of tinkering and a change in thinking can do.

Being a former resident of the Fylde Coast I have been bantering with the Blackpool fans over the past week on their Rivals site (A View From The Terrace) and not one has made a disparaging comment regarding City. To a poster they have said that it was not only the best game they have seen this season but also that City are the best side they have watched (many stating home and away). Considering the appalling conditions the game was played in it is a credit to both sides.

Just to cheer tompo up this dreary morning I will go and find the quotes. Okay it won't win us points from that game but if City had played like Saturday at Wrexham, Oldham, Chesterfield and at home against Luton, Peterborough, Port Vale and others (games I have seen) then I honestly am convinced we would have at least and additional 12 points and therefore would be clear at the top of this division.

If we play this style for the remainder of the season I can see us taking at least 15 points we would not have gained playing the negative style of previously.

A massive bonus is the feel good factor. How many had that just 4 weeks ago? The support will turn up at away games if we are playing attractive positive football but more importantly it will also lead to increased attendances at home and that is so important to the finances of the club.

Excellent post CR.

The one bit that I would like to pick up on is 'the feel good factor'

It is great to see it coming back. :(

Archived