IGNORED

Darren Caskey

Guest XBOXMAN69

Guest shire_redz

Can't really say after so few minutes to judge him by. I would give him another couple of run-outs to see what he is made of because some of his passing this evening was sublime.

Guest XBOXMAN69
Should we sign him? Yes or No? :dunno:

A mate of mine is a spurs fan and he says we should snap him up, if he is anywhere near fit he will excel at this level.

after tonight. No - But overall to early to say.

Quality player, yes, but couldn't manage 90 mins, didn't do too much running because he didn't need to due to quality of passing, but yet still went of injured. He needs more games, if he can play 2 or 3 games and play the full 90 then yes.

Either way, Can't see him getting in our central midfield of what will probably be 3 from Tinnion, Tommy, Wilkshire and Orr.

If he was fit then it would be worth considering. but he isn't and just keeps getting injured, we have had enough of injury prone players like Peacock and Matthews.

Guest SydneyCider

Agree he could be a good signing, but any contract would have to be based on appearances.

A shame - he sounds like he'd be a great player if fit.

It already appears than Tins is making room for a creative midfielder by saying we will play 3-5-2.

Having watched Caskey in all his home reserve appearances last season and again tonight, where I have to say he did look leaner than last season, we would do well to sign him on. His passing and vision are of different class and anyone who saw his free-kick against Oxford Reserves will tell you how good at set pieces he is. The guy is quality. Hungry for the ball, directing players around him, then spraying passes all across the pitch.

I remember people saying last year that they would be happy for 70 mins of Tins in a game for what he could create. I'm not bothered if Caskey is blowing out of his a$$ after 70 mins if he's set up two and stuck a free-kick in the top corner.

Get him on board!!

Guest TheOne

I think we should give him another chance, the guys known for his creative play ( hence his Fat Pie Belly ) and is also desperate for a contract, especialy at a big club like city, so I don't think he would reject a Month to Month Contract ( or even week to week ) until he can stay out of the Clarkes Pie shop(s) and into the Gym!

I think we should give him another chance, the guys known for his creative play ( hence his Fat Pie Belly ) and is also desperate for a contract, especialy at a big club like city, so I don't think he would reject a Month to Month Contract ( or even week to week ) until he can stay out of the Clarkes Pie shop(s) and into the Gym!

Absolutely agree!

Guest Pjj171086

I just hope he gets another chance to play a full 90 mins because I don't think Tins will sign him until he does !

Guest albany P reds

Give him a 3 months contract and really give him a chance to get fit and show us what he can do.

After paying the sort of money we did on the likes of mathews who was never fit i think his playing track record warrants a little gamble personally :dunno:

Guest City 'Til I Die
have to go with the week to week, maybe with right of first refusal  (i.e. we can sign him for the year if someone else comes in with a contract)

Aye, that'd be ideal.

I'd hate to see us sign another lemon who's going to sit in the physio's office and draw a fat paycheck, but I've always liked him as a player and agree that if he can be brought back to full fitness and kept there, he could be a star player for us.

It already appears than Tins is making room for a creative midfielder by saying we will play 3-5-2.

Having watched Caskey in all his home reserve appearances last season and again tonight, where I have to say he did look leaner than last season, we would do well to sign him on. His passing and vision are of different class and anyone who saw his free-kick against Oxford Reserves will tell you how good at set pieces he is. The guy is quality. Hungry for the ball, directing players around him, then spraying passes all across the pitch.

I remember people saying last year that they would be happy for 70 mins of Tins in a game for what he could create. I'm not bothered if Caskey is blowing out of his a$$ after 70 mins if he's set up two and stuck a free-kick in the top corner.

Get him on board!!

We used to play Tommy D for 50-60 minutes a game 'cos his fitness wasn't there and look at him now.

Guest Tinman's Cider Army

I agree that we should sign Caskey on a week to week because against Oxford in the reserves he looked very good but like everyones said we can't have another matthews.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Yes I would sign him,a fit Caskey is a very good player even last night he hardly waisted a pass.

COME ON YOU REDS

The Reds Are Going Up

Guest Niall

Not because of last night (I wasn't there and it was only Clevedon, after all) but yes, I think we should sign him. I've said it on here before, but he has played with Heffernan for a couple of seasons which gives him a start and I know its a cliche but form is temporary but class is permanent.

Guest Cyprus_Red

Yes- Ive seen him play for the reserves and last night, he always looks class

Set plays and overall passing are quality

Guest hairyshamrock
Should we sign him? Yes or No? :D

Sitting anywhere but on the fence, i'm saying no. He's too unfit and too overweight. At his age he is going to struggle to shed those few excess pounds. I think if we do sign him, he'll only ever keep the physio company! Another Lee Matthews/Peter Beadle all over.

However, if he scores a few goals and has a wonderful season, i will happily eat Humble Pie rather than my usual Chicken Balti i get in the Atyeo on the last game of the season.

I also expect as much ridecule as you wish to dish out on here! And somehow know i'll get it...!!!

Even though he will probably grow fatter and become even more slower, I think we should keep him as cover to Tommy who in the past has been known to have a few injuries and suspensions hasn't he. Nothing more than that though.

Guest robjames

I would say yes perhaps a 3 month deal with a year option depending on fitness.

There is no doubting this guy is ahead of some of the current squad in skill level but we need 25 games plus from him for it to make a difference.

( plus i sponsored caskey last year and he didn't make a 1st team apperance)

Archived