IGNORED

The Bristol City v Middlesbrough Match Day 3

havanatopia

2 centre backs injured, and injury prone. 2 centre backs sold and at no time have we been linked with signing another, other than vague talk about maybe trying to borrow one.

Given our injury record I expect it to be announced soon that Wright and Baker need operations.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Knew I should've put my mortgage on Boro to win today after seeing our line-up ffs

Yep. I’ve defended him but he deserves everything he’s gonna get after the selection today. Bonkers. Completely bottled it IMO. Signs a quality left back on loan from Chelsea.....Picks Pisano cause he’s taller.

We’ve got to keep believing in what we’re doing he said.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

long season  ahead. it's school boy defending. he has known for A week we could be short if centre backs. what has he done nothing. very poor johnson. 

LJ knows full well what he is doing. By having a makeshift defence he has got his excuses lined up before the game has even started!

• Thanks 1

Just now, chinapig said:

2 centre backs injured, and injury prone. 2 centre backs sold and at no time have we been linked with signing another, other than vague talk about maybe trying to borrow one.

Given our injury record I expect it to be announced soon that Wright and Baker need operations.

It’s beyond incompetent tbh it’s almost laughable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Yep. I’ve defended him but he deserves everything he’s gonna get after the selection today. Bonkers. Completely bottled it IMO. Signs a quality left back on loan from Chelsea.....Picks Pisano cause he’s taller.

We’ve got to keep believing in what we’re doing he said.....

So that's losing then, is it?

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In fairness: Wright, Baker and Hegeler all injured who'd be ahead of Kelly at CB. 

Sure - but am I right in thinking only the Baker injury is new? We knew we had Wright injured, were losing Flint, and I think that we had Hegeler injured, and that we suffered with injuries last season and still let Vyner go on loan.

We also have known since Tuesday we needed a centre back on loan and failed to get that over the line in time for the game, which I would forgive if we had got the additional keeper LJ openly stated we needed and the replacement for Djuric sorted in time for the transfer deadline. 

I know it is not easy to get players in but, if you let them go, you have to replace them...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Cant defend plus nothing up front. Bad times.

Reminding me of Cotterill's time in this league. Playing some good football but can't finish and joke defence.

That is a recipe for a relegation scrap. We could be back to that which seems to be our default level in this division.

7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes he will, unfortunately!

You don’t know that. The “LJ will never be sacked” theory is a complete myth. It’s on record that his position was considered at our low point in 16/17. It would almost certainly be reconsidered once again if we’re in or around the bottom three at Christmas.

• Like 2